Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM Stamp Duty

Options
  • 11-01-2016 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

A quick question, was the stamp duty charge on atm/debit cards abolished in the last budget, or am I mistaken? I noticed my bank has applied the charge to my account & to my 81 year old mothers account, she was charged full amount even tho it's standard atm , no debit card facility, charged 5 euro instead of 2.5 euro , can anyone clarify please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mine too, and wondered why as I thought the same???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

The charge is for last year, it is collected in arrears. The per transaction charge started from 1st January. If the debit card function was not used then there should only have been a €2.50 charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

PTSB messed up with me last year. Got a refund. I only used POS facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭samsid

thanks for the replies lads, all queries answered, your help is appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

Delta2113 wrote: »
    PTSB messed up with me last year. Got a refund. I only used POS facility.

If you get cashback instead of going to the ATM is that away of avoiding the ATM Stamp duty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

sm3ar wrote: »
    If you get cashback instead of going to the ATM is that away of avoiding the ATM Stamp duty?

- Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

People seem to go to a lot of effort to save on a cost that, at worst, is still less than 1 cent per day.

Advertisement