Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBLA Deals/Deals with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Healium wrote: »
    Where did you find out about the one-day deals? I was hoping there'd be more than what was in the picture on the Dashboard :o

Twitter account I follow posts them up , unfortunately its super secret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Limbo and Toy Soldiers, here I come.

Damn Microsoft is spoiling us with cheap XBLA games these past few weeks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

If only there were still some 1200 points for €12 euro knocking about. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Tried downloading Monday night and it's still 1200 what's the story post above says it's 600?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

TheDoc wrote: »

One Day Sale Content

Monday Night Combat
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

TheDoc wrote: »
    one day offers start on the 15th
    Tried downloading Monday night and it's still 1200 what's the story post above says it's 600?

:)

Mr E wrote: »
    :)
    aaah i see lol

ty mr e ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I'd love some opinions on Trials HD, Shadow Complex and Braid. None of the trials really grabbed my attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'd love some opinions on Trials HD, Shadow Complex and Braid. None of the trials really grabbed my attention.
    They're three of the best games on the platform tbh, you really have no excuse not to own all three unless of course you already have Trials 2 or Braid on the PC. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yars Revenge is out today too (remake of old Atari 2600 game)

Braid is excellent. A really original and beautiful puzzle game. I played Trials and thought it was over-rated, but that might just be my taste. What I do recommend is Final fight (You get Magic Sword with it free) and Super street fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Balls. Battlefield 1943 is gone from 600 points back to 1200. Just when I bought points and was thinking about getting it. Not gonna bother now, anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Comic Jumper 1200 MSP 800 MSP
    Puzzle Quest 2 1200 MSP 800 MSP
    Droplits 800 MSP 400 MSP

I think these are permanent price cuts not weekly, but deals nonetheless.

I will get Droplits for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Braid is excellent. A really original and beautiful puzzle game. I played Trials and thought it was over-rated, but that might just be my taste. What I do recommend is Final fight (You get Magic Sword with it free) and Super street fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix.

I actually picked up a few microsoft points today for that exact reason. I've been waiting a while for Super Street Fighter 2 and Final Fight to drop in price a bit. Looking forward to downloading them and having a nice retro night :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

So Lads,

Castle crashers and Monday Night combat... Are they as good as people say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Just picked up Limbo for 600 thanks to the 1 day sale. :D

Korvanica wrote: »
    So Lads,

Castle crashers and Monday Night combat... Are they as good as people say?
    Not re-typing, but here's what I had to say about MNC http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71673728&postcount=2172

I've been playing it since launch day, almost daily, and stopped about a month ago. It's stupidly fun, but you're silly if you buy it on Xbox over PC. The remaining community are mostly a-holes, and the learning curve is HUGE. Said remaining members like to stomp newbies in games, rather than helping them learn.

That said, if you DO buy it on Xbox, I'll tell you everything I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Not re-typing, but here's what I had to say about MNC http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71673728&postcount=2172

I've been playing it since launch day, almost daily, and stopped about a month ago. It's stupidly fun, but you're silly if you buy it on Xbox over PC. The remaining community are mostly a-holes, and the learning curve is HUGE. Said remaining members like to stomp newbies in games, rather than helping them learn.

That said, if you DO buy it on Xbox, I'll tell you everything I know.

Great thanks... It sucks to see console games get this treatment... Think Ill pass and maybe pick it up on PC sometime....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Took a punt with Limbo and Shadow Complex.

They look like two superb arcade games.

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    Great thanks... It sucks to see console games get this treatment... Think Ill pass and maybe pick it up on PC sometime....
    Yeah, it's sad... game had so much potential. As much as the devs denied it getting the Valve treatment, it's the same as TF2. PC version released at Christmas, and it's already leagues ahead of the console version. Pick it up during a sale. I got it for €8/9 a few weeks ago. And again, if you do get it, PM me. I'll explain l337 techniques to you

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

Does anybody know what the story is with uper street fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix?
    saw that it was half price but when i went to buy it they were charging the full 1200.

It's ok, just saw that the price is for gold members

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

farreca wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the story is with uper street fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix?
    saw that it was half price but when i went to buy it they were charging the full 1200.

It's ok, just saw that the price is for gold members

With the amount of sales that have been on since xmas / deals of the week, and the amount of things I have gotten cheaper that way, my €35 gold sub is paying for itself really :)

calex71 wrote: »
    With the amount of sales that have been on since xmas / deals of the week, and the amount of things I have gotten cheaper that way, my €35 gold sub is paying for itself really :)

35 for a sub??? I get mine for 25 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Marvel vs Capcom 2, is it worth 600 points?

SEGA sale this week,
      After Burner Climax 800 MSP 400 MSP Altered Beast 400 MSP 240 MSP Comix Zone 400 MSP 240 MSP Crazy Taxi 800 MSP 400 MSP Cyber Troopers: Virtual-On OT 1200 MSP 800 MSP Ecco the Dolphin 400 MSP 240 MSP Golden Axe 400 MSP 240 MSP Gunstar Heroes 400 MSP 240 MSP Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm 800 MSP 400 MSP OutRun Online Arcade 800 MSP 400 MSP Phantasy Star II 400 MSP 240 MSP Shinobi 400 MSP 240 MSP Sonic The Hedgehog (Arcade) 400 MSP 240 MSP Sonic The Hedgehog 2 400 MSP 240 MSP Sonic The Hedgehog 3 400 MSP 240 MSP Sonic 4: Episode I 1200 MSP 800 MSP Sonic Adventure 800 MSP 400 MSP Streets of Rage 2 400 MSP 240 MSP

No info on what the deal of the week is yeah, sigh time to get some more points :pac:

SEGA sale this week,
    • After Burner Climax 800 MSP 400 MSP
      Altered Beast 400 MSP 240 MSP
      Comix Zone 400 MSP 240 MSP
      Crazy Taxi 800 MSP 400 MSP
      Cyber Troopers: Virtual-On OT 1200 MSP 800 MSP
      Ecco the Dolphin 400 MSP 240 MSP
      Golden Axe 400 MSP 240 MSP
      Gunstar Heroes 400 MSP 240 MSP
      Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm 800 MSP 400 MSP
      OutRun Online Arcade 800 MSP 400 MSP
      Phantasy Star II 400 MSP 240 MSP
      Shinobi 400 MSP 240 MSP
      Sonic The Hedgehog (Arcade) 400 MSP 240 MSP
      Sonic The Hedgehog 2 400 MSP 240 MSP
      Sonic The Hedgehog 3 400 MSP 240 MSP
      Sonic 4: Episode I 1200 MSP 800 MSP
      Sonic Adventure 800 MSP 400 MSP
      Streets of Rage 2 400 MSP 240 MSP

No info on what the deal of the week is yeah, sigh time to get some more points :pac:
    It's called Spring Fling. I'm gonna pick up Plants Vs Zombies and Peggle Nights

It's called Spring Fling. I'm gonna pick up Plants Vs Zombies and Peggle Nights

Wooooooo finally those go on the cheap, been holding out for them for ages :)

Forgot that "Fancy pants adventures" was out this week, well tomorrow. Only world 1 + 2 for 800 points
    Fear not, you can play the original for free here http://www.kongregate.com/games/DrNeroCF/the-fancy-pants-adventures

Wooooooo finally those go on the cheap, been holding out for them for ages :)
    Yep. Still a bit annoyed that PvZ is only 800. I think that should have been the original price, but, I really want to play it on Xbox instead of DS... :o

• Advertisement

Yep. Still a bit annoyed that PvZ is only 800. I think that should have been the original price, but, I really want to play it on Xbox instead of DS... :o

Annoying that 1200 seems to be the norm these days for a lot of things. PvZ seems packed with stuff though from what I played of the demo just there.

Just wondering if Popcap Hits Vol. 2 on disc would be better value for money as PvZ is on it and I could trade it away later :confused:

It's about €20 on zavvi at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

PvZ is probably one of the most enjoyable games on arcade . (handy 200 gs pts as well ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

SEGA sale this week,
      After Burner Climax 800 MSP 400 MSP Altered Beast 400 MSP 240 MSP Comix Zone 400 MSP 240 MSP Crazy Taxi 800 MSP 400 MSP Cyber Troopers: Virtual-On OT 1200 MSP 800 MSP Ecco the Dolphin 400 MSP 240 MSP Golden Axe 400 MSP 240 MSP Gunstar Heroes 400 MSP 240 MSP Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm 800 MSP 400 MSP OutRun Online Arcade 800 MSP 400 MSP Phantasy Star II 400 MSP 240 MSP Shinobi 400 MSP 240 MSP Sonic The Hedgehog (Arcade) 400 MSP 240 MSP Sonic The Hedgehog 2 400 MSP 240 MSP Sonic The Hedgehog 3 400 MSP 240 MSP Sonic 4: Episode I 1200 MSP 800 MSP Sonic Adventure 800 MSP 400 MSP Streets of Rage 2 400 MSP 240 MSP

I can't recommend Gunstar Heroes enough for anyone that missed it on the Megadrive.

Jericho. wrote: »
    I can't recommend Gunstar Heroes enough for anyone that missed it on the Megadrive.

Was the 1st one I got today in the deals, it's ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Gonna grab Ilo Milo from the deal of the week. I think that great value at 400pts and I'll probably pick up Peggle Nights for 200 as well. Add to that a new Pinball FX2 table released today for 200pts and I'm getting alot of bang for my 800pts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I cant see this deal thing :(. Is it out? Usually there's promo on xbox live..

I cant see this deal thing :(. Is it out? Usually there's promo on xbox live..

I can't see any sale either:confused:

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I can't see any sale either:confused:

Happens me all the time on my dash too, yet when I sign in on my uk account or a silver account there it is. Very annoying.

Usually I either go through the xbox site to by things or if I know what i'm after ill browse to it on the xbox.

Thanks Calex.

Luckily you guys are here to tell me when the sales are on;)

• Advertisement

Old school shooter Trouble Witches Neo is released next Wendesday along with Sega rally arcade for 800 MS points.

It looks really good.

Cheers! :) Case Zero and Case West for a grand total of 600 points, FTW!

More deals, this time under the name "Blast from the past"

Blast From the Past Deals
    Banjo-Kazooie 1200 MSP 600 MSP
    Centipede & Millipede 400 MSP 200 MSP
    Contra 400 MSP 200 MSP
    RISK: Factions 800 MSP 400 MSP
    Street Fighter II Hyper Fighter 400 MSP 200 MSP

Nice, I've wanted the original Banjo-Kazooie since it was out for N64, with this offer I think I'm finally going to buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

those 2 Dead Rising games are amazing and you don't need to have the full game to play them either. Highly recommended for anyone on the fence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Tried to download Case West, and its saying its not avaliable in my region or the offer has expired, and that is happening for both the demo, and the proper download. It isn't happening for any other content for me as well. Anyone try to download it as well, and have the same issue?

Emailed MS about it, but no response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

wes wrote: »
    Tried to download Case West, and its saying its no avaliable in my region or the offer has expired, and that is happening for both the demo, and the proper download. It isn't happening for any other content for me as well. Anyone try to download it as well, and have the same issue?

Emailed MS about it, but no response yet.

I tried to download it last night and the same thing happened but I assumed that the deal of the week started Wednesday.And that was why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I downloaded Case West yesterday no problems, was 400 points too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i'm downloading case west now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

really liking DR: Case West played it for a while

• Advertisement
Advertisement