Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst customer service - Eir or Currys?

Options
  • 17-04-2021 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭

There's not a week that goes by without a thread about appalling after sales service by Eir or Currys.

But which is the champion of appalling service?

Who has the most appalling after sales service? 15 votes

Currys
    93% 14 votes
    Eir
    6% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I had dealings with telecom eireann (eir) recently and they were grand.

The problem is if you have to contact them via the general support number. I make out they enforce a minimum 15 minute wait time in the hope people will hang up before then.

But their sales crowd and Kn were grand to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Currys by far. The customer service at home in the UK is bad enough. Here in Ireland? They take ineptness, disinterest and incompetence to a whole new level.

Eir are a PITA as well, but if you keep after them long enough, they will eventually take action. Therefore, my vote goes to Currys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

I never managed to receive customer service from Eir when I was a customer. As a result, I’m no longer a customer. Had to return a faulty item to curry’s once - no problems at all so can’t complain. (Item was only a week old so many that made the return/exchange easier)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Ironically both companies were making significant progress in delivering quality customer care. Curry’s under Declan Ronayne and Eircom under Richard Moat. Two things happened, curry’s moved their directorship back to the U.K., and Eircom was purchased by Xavier Neil who moved customer care back in-house. Remember the days when Declan would reply to you on here at 1:44am?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It depends on what parts of the companies you have dealt with. I've never had a problem with Eir and I'm with them from the P&T days. The product has been absolutely fine and dependable. Bought once in Curry's and the item was faulty with a lost of hassle to sort it out, so never went back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement