Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday with Katie Hannon

Options

Comments

When they have the MONEY, they can sure make as many "complex social reasons" as required. The legal team will be delighted too of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'd like to get a vaccine soon enough due to cardiac history. The AZ seems not to be suitable to a very small number of people with specific genetic immune response who otherwise are healthy. Genetic testing is the future to most medical solutions, but is a double-edged sword as the insurance companies will be looking at it too.

Yes I agree, I guess the it's quite confusing when sporadic announcements /statements /concerns made about AZ, it doesn't help but I get there's ongoing data and constant information being supplied, but I trust my GP and science, hope your not waiting too long :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

This chancer doesn’t give a bollox about the Covid stuff.......

Name checking to beat the band.

Just let us in and shure it’ll be grand.

Has skin in the game for sure

This chancer doesn’t give a bollox about the Covid stuff.......

Name checking to beat the band.

Just let us and shure it’ll be grand.

Who is the guy? Is he seriously suggesting US multinational companies are not here because of generous corporate Tax rates? Has he heard about that little Apple Tax matter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Simon Coveney changing his mind? I think not, he and Leo were adamant about not upsetting the EU. The situation was just ludicrous and both knew it. I still can not fathom what part of a simple and cost effective absolute ban on incoming travellers from listed countries, a simple direction to each government and airlines, update as required. Blunt & Harsh yes but this Mandatory Hotel Quarantine debacle is just beyond farcical and I've no doubt will absolutely cost the state a fortune. Stop people before they even consider flying. If they arrive, send them back at their own cost, it's not rocket science. Why all this confusion, costs, court cases, it's just bizzare.

Quarantine business will never work when countries are being picked on a political basis, all that will happen is that some connected hotel chain will be enriched same as the use of citywest and the conference centre imv
    on the Az im 3 years older than yourself and to be honest I don't care if I never got it after seeing my wife for the couple of weeks after getting it, all through her chemo she never complained but after the Az legs like lead, headaches and the rest, I suspect though life will be made hard for anyone who doesn't take the needle especially for anyone who likes to get away from this damn place every now and then

• Advertisement

Let’s see what the line up is today

3-1 again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

The two Trots and a gormless Junior Minister show is on again.

touts wrote: »
    The two Trots and a gormless Junior Minister show is on again.

Who are they I missed the intro?

Who are they I missed the intro?

Com Henry, James Browne ( not the singer) :), Roisin shorthall, David cullinane, Neil Mc Donnell ( ISME)

Com Henry, James Browne ( not the singer) :), Roisin shorthall, David cullinane, Neil Mc Donnell ( ISME)

Jaysus!!

Tks..

• Advertisement

Cullinane will politicize it anyway....... just wait.

Shortall and Cullinane. Jesus, that’s a strong no from me. Two absolute moaners of the highest order.

Katie is trying to ‘big it up ‘anyway.

Of course David Cullinane is referred to as “David” whereas James Browne is a frosty James Browne.

There’s ‘Up the Ra’ politicizing the pandemic.

All very subdued today, not much to moan a whinge about apart from the possible change (again) of vaccine Roll out, leaning towards younger cohorts.

Maybe I'll call in and ask of David, what his thoughts are on flags flying half mast on the GPO as a mark of respect for Prince Philip :)

Cullinane should get Slab to ship a few lorry loads of vaccine over the border.

The Minister has said that as of now the age related vaccine programme is the one being followed.

Of course they will look at other things if they will improve outcome.

No need for the big Hoo- Hah.

Just bottle of smoke here.

Here’s “David” politicizing the issues.

Katie is firmly on ‘ TEAM TROTT’.

Makes my blood boil this ISME buffoon getting at PUP recepients, what planet is he on, with such uncertainty who in their right mind would close their PUP payment. Furthermore the Hotel sector were very very quick to lay off people and finally and more importantly not all PUP recepients are on €350, most are on less and certainly anyone who worked P/T would be getting far less.

• Advertisement

Hospitality businesses will never ever be the same, especially restaurants and by default fewer people will be employed in this sector. The ISME might explain also the scandalously low wages in the sector

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

its in the constitution that you cannot have a radio panel on irish radio without including Roisin Shorhall

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    its in the constitution that you cannot have a radio panel on irish radio without including Roisin Shorhall

Might be in the T&C"s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

If James browne is the future of the blueshirts, we're in a lot more trouble than we thought folks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭deise man

Make a point of avoiding the programme. Why ruin a Saturday listening to it. Dreadful format, 2/3 opposition politicians trying to score points off a government TD/minister. Maybe they should bring back the doc on one, had some very interesting stories.

deise man wrote: »
    Make a point of avoiding the programme. Why ruin a Saturday listening to it. Dreadful format, 2/3 opposition politicians trying to score points off a government TD/minister. .
    been like that before the pandemic and worse than ever now.

I suppose it will be the usual 3 against 1 for poor Joe O’Brien today.

Katie ‘Nooze’ Hannon will make sure of that!

Wonder will O’Reilly be on ! !

;);):DTwo lefties along with Nooze........

I have a bet with the Hunch on Betway that Carty will be “ very clear” inside the first few sentences.

I hope Joe brought this A game to this one...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Anyone know anyone who is on this citizens assembly? I know they do some great work but I would have assumed that was a very well paying job that we elect TDs to do. How much do you get for a citizens assembly gig. I'd suspect it's not bad if you know someone who can get you on it for a few years. I'd say Catherine Day is pulling in 6 figures easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

touts wrote: »
    Anyone know anyone who is on this citizens assembly? I know they do some great work but I would have assumed that was a very well paying job that we elect TDs to do. How much do you get for a citizens assembly gig. I'd suspect it's not bad if you know someone who can get you on it for a few years. I'd say Catherine Day is pulling in 6 figures easy.

From Wikipedia

Members of each assembly consist of 99 citizens and the chair for a total of 100 members.

The 99 other members were "citizens entitled to vote at a referendum, randomly selected so as to be broadly representative of Irish society".[4] The representative criteria included gender, age, location, and social class.[17]

For the 66 citizen members of the Constitutional Convention, these 99 plus 99 substitutes[18] were selected by an opinion polling company;[19][20][21] Red C won the tender and began selection at the start of September.[22] The Electoral (Amendment) Act 2016 was passed to enable the electoral register to be used in this process.[20][5][23] Media were asked not to photograph the citizen members before the inaugural assembly meeting.[24] Members received expenses but no other payment.

Advertisement