Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crime and policing analyst in AGS (EO level)

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NicolaR123

Thanks 08122019 for letting me know. That is disappointing to hear but not surprising given how the whole process has developed over the last 2 years. Maybe next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭08122019

Ahhhh......seeing a new post in this got my hopes up that there might have been an update :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ArtfulPodger

Anyone else get an email about this today asking if they are still interested?

I was contacted yesterday to see if I was still interested. I still haven’t responded, given how long we’ve been waiting they can wait a few days while I think it over.

Does anyone have any insight into what the job is like? Is it all on site or is there any scope to work from home? Is flexi available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Would anyone happen to have the info booklet for this role?

I understand it's long past accepting applications I just wanted to view the booklet all the same, if possible!

Many thanks

I understand it's long past accepting applications I just wanted to view the booklet all the same, if possible!

Many thanks

It’s probably somewhere in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Think this is the booklet

Many thanks

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107545058&postcount=116

Here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

job seeker wrote: »

Cheers, i managed to find it scrolling through the thread.

But thanks for posting

Has anyone replied to the recent email? And has anyone heard anything back?

Replied over the weekend but given how it has gone so far I won’t be holding my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ElfieSelfie

Did you hear anything back from them? I got a request to re do my vetting application as it had expired,but haven't heard anything since

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Adoni

Based on the most recent posts there seems to be a bit of movement on this competition. As the initial competition is a few years old now, I'm hoping they'll run another one. Has anyone any advice on applying, or do those who were successful have any insights on the job, was it worth the waiting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

I'm also interested in people's experience with this. It seems like the hiring process was terrible. Can anyone say what the actual job is like? Are there opportunities to move up the ladder? Any advice for those interested in applying in the future? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

This is why I lost interest in this competition.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/policing-authority-garda-civilian-analysts-treated-in-deplorable-manner-1.3434853

After reading this, I had reservations about the type of work environment I could end up in, but I still wasn't sure that withdrawing was the right thing to do. Considering how the whole process has been run since, I'm glad I did. The whole thing has been a complete waste of the candidate's time. It reflects very poorly on AGS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I'm also interested in people's experience with this. It seems like the hiring process was terrible. Can anyone say what the actual job is like? Are there opportunities to move up the ladder? Any advice for those interested in applying in the future? Thanks.

Loads of promotions to AP and HEO recently because of the introduction of a new Divisional model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

rostalof wrote: »
    This is why I lost interest in this competition.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/policing-authority-garda-civilian-analysts-treated-in-deplorable-manner-1.3434853

After reading this, I had reservations about the type of work environment I could end up in, but I still wasn't sure that withdrawing was the right thing to do. Considering how the whole process has been run since, I'm glad I did. The whole thing has been a complete waste of the candidate's time. It reflects very poorly on AGS.

Pretty disappointing reading. I really regretted not applying back in 2018 but with what has been written on this forum maybe I need not have felt that way. The job itself sounds like a dream and something I would be hugely interested in but it seems like it not only is it incredibly hard to enter into but the environment itself is poor.

• Advertisement

Loads of promotions to AP and HEO recently because of the introduction of a new Divisional model.

It seems like you know people in this role. If you are able to share more, I'm be very grateful. Do they generally seem happy with the work itself/working for AGS? What types of backgrounds do they tend to come from? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Butcol22

New poster here! It looks like they are rectruiting for this again. I’d be interested to hear from anyone who got the job. What is the job and environment like? Is it worth the hassle of the competition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭914

Also interested in this role as it sounds very interesting and would like to hear people's views thoughts on the role itself.

If I was to apply and be successful, I would be taking a fairly large financial hit from the private sector.

Be interested to hear the day to day life of the role, realistic hours etc

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

I am also interested in this role and would like to hear people's views. Thank you 😁

I'm applying for this myself. I'm not too worried about what the role involves. It is interesting in the application form, how you must outline your experience of qualitative and quantitative data. I assumed they would be looking for specific details. However, to outline something, it's essentially bullet points..

Post edited by job seeker on

• Advertisement

Deadline for the current competition has been extended to 21 March. I suppose that means there weren’t too many applying?

That's exactly what I assumed.. I could be wrong though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Oh no I missed the deadline again!

I was waiting 4 years for this to become available again and missed it.

I saw an article on the job just there and it sounds even more interesting than I originally thought (https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/big-data-at-the-forefront-of-modern-garda-s%C3%ADoch%C3%A1na-investigations-1.4815156)

I know there was stories about the work environment being poor a few years ago but unsure if that's still the case.

Either way I'm kicking myself for not applying, I don't even mind the pay cut it would create!

Good luck to all who applied, not sure how many positions are available but hope you're all successful.

Oh no! That’s very unfortunate! Thanks for sharing that article. I missed it. I bet that’s why they extended the deadline, in the hopes article would generate more interest. For future reference, you can set up an alert on the public jobs site so you don’t miss out the next time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 EllieKelly123

There have been two internal promotion campaigns in GSAS since 2015 from EO to HEO, one is going on at the minute. It looks like that's how the HEO spots are being filled now.

Post edited by EllieKelly123 on

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

does anyone know what happens next in this competition and when?

I don’t know but I’d guess from the booklet it’s a fairly lengthy hiring process with interviews and tests and so on. I applied for a public sector job years ago where they were hiring 100 or so people over all and it took 3 months from applying to starting the job. In this case, they’re making a panel so it could take a good bit longer to actually get hired off the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Mr lebowski

How did the tests go for everyone?. Funnily enough in all the years I've being doing these assessments I have always been stronger in the verbal than the maths. This time I feel I struggled with the verbal and done the best I ever have in the maths!. One of these days il get both.

I found the verbal very tricky. I thought I was choosing ‘cannot say’ much too often

Any ideas when there results of the online aptitude tests will be released?

• Advertisement

I got an email this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jane2021

I got an email with results today too!

i received my results too

Got results last week.

Does anyone know if this offers work from home at all? It would be about the only thing that would make me consider it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Danger3000

Doubt it. Given the sensitive nature of the work, using Pulse system etc, I'd say it'll be all in the office.

Not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LawMu

Any advice for the data presentation next week and the interview?

Ooh, curious about this. What have they asked you to do? Do you have to present something in particular? I haven’t heard anything since the stage 1 results but I saw in another thread that they have only contacted people who applied for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BlueMoon2008

N/A

Post edited by BlueMoon2008 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 LawMu

Does anyone know how many positions there are to fill in Dublin?

Advertisement