Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application inquiry

Options
  • 12-04-2021 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have worked 4 years in a permanent role with steady increase in wage (still under 30k per annum)

I am currently studying to become a teacher with Hibernia.

This year I worked my standard job and have since took a break to work as a substitute teacher. This substitution will end at the end of the academic year.

Is there any way banks will look at me. For example, if I work full time for the rest of the year, 3 months, 6 months back with my standard retail job?

Any help or questions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Can't see it happening without substantial deposit from you? What size of a mortgage would you be looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Audioh8

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Can't see it happening without substantial deposit from you? What size of a mortgage would you be looking for

120,000 max. My partner’s father will do up the property for minimal cost.

She has permanent job of 23k per annum

How much deposit are you suggesting? I have decent savings record and would receive gift for up to 20k if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

So is it a joint application? That's different to your opening post

That changes things

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Audioh8

That changes things

For the better I hope? Yes, a joint application with my partner being the main applicant. Her bank is Perm TSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 spion1892

That changes things

Buddy Bubs is right, if your partner has been earning 23K for over a year then that should clear you for 3.5 that, around €80K. You might be able to get your earnings counted at a discount ontop, some lenders discount this by 50%, so that would get you another 50K = 130K.

If your savings are good and you have no other loans etc.. it's possible.

I'd have a chat to a broker who could steer you to a lender that might include your income as a variable, not all of them will. Make sure the broker deals with PTSB, ICS or Finance Ireland these seem be more flexible than some of the others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement