Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postage (An Post? Other?)

Options
  • 12-04-2021 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Wow just realised this forum existed!! Looking forward to having a good browse. :)

Quick question, I'm in the process of getting ready to launch my small business at the end of this month. It's just making and selling small homemade crafts.

What are my options for postage? I heard mention somewhere that An Post do pre-paid packages which work out cheaper than if you just weigh and pay at the post office, would anyone have any more info on that?

I guess it's hardly worth my while doing registered post or couriers? (I would anticipate most orders will be between €20 and €50, it's unlikely I'll have many worth more than that.)

Would really appreciate any advice from anyone who's a bit further ahead in the process!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

This is what you are looking for https://www.anpost.com/Shop/Products/ACStandPL

Works out at 5.96 each. Vat is not applicable. Tracked and can be used for up to 10kg parcel. Simply drop them off to the post office or delivery unit.

That in reality is your only option as all other services will want high volumes and will add vat to the cost.

Build it up and if the volume is there you can look around for better prices.

Advertisement