Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread: the second

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Hi folks, I'm toying with the idea of getting an Vita, pretty much only so I can play Persona 4 Golden but I understand there are a lot of other good JRPG's on it too.

Any idea what I should be expecting to pay for one? Don't want to spend much, and definitely not CeX prices, as I'm not sure how much use it'll get beyond P4. Already have a Switch for all my other handheld gaming needs.

Also read somewhere that you can mod to use SD cards so is there a specific model I need to be looking at for this or future modding tomfoolery?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

skerry wrote: »
    Hi folks, I'm toying with the idea of getting an Vita, pretty much only so I can play Persona 4 Golden but I understand there are a lot of other good JRPG's on it too.

Any idea what I should be expecting to pay for one? Don't want to spend much, and definitely not CeX prices, as I'm not sure how much use it'll get beyond P4. Already have a Switch for all my other handheld gaming needs.

Also read somewhere that you can mod to use SD cards so is there a specific model I need to be looking at for this or future modding tomfoolery?

If you have a PS3 you can get it on the US PSN account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

fixxxer wrote: »
    If you have a PS3 you can get it on the US PSN account.

Don't have PS3. Game is showing up on the app on my regular account for €9.99 for Vita. Just need a decent bargain on a Vita first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

skerry wrote: »

Not sure if you got sorted but if you want something you can hook up to a tv you could always get a ps tv. I got one recently on adverts for 50 quid.

Try to get one with firmware 3.65 or below (ideally 3.60). I think up to 3.68 is ok, just more hassle if you want to hack it. Same FW numbers for vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Picked up Trials of Cold Steel, NISA Europe have a good few Vita games on sale https://store.nisaeurope.com/collections/ps-vita?sort_by=price-ascending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Picked up Trials of Cold Steel, NISA Europe have a good few Vita games at a good price https://store.nisaeurope.com/collections/ps-vita?sort_by=price-ascending

Some good deals there.

Xenji wrote: »
    Some good deals there.
    Yeah there's a fww more I'd like but wanted those the most

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Thinking about picking one of these up ?

Best place to get one?

Not to sure what you can play on them, just looking to expand the collection.

Thinking about picking one of these up ?

Best place to get one?

Not to sure what you can play on them, just looking to expand the collection.
    CEX or Amazon?
    depends on your price range, if you've other cash converters local I'd give them a look, I got mine in a smaller chain for e110 I think in 2014 and still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone replaced a Vita battery? My launch one is only holding a charge for a couple of hours now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

With the news that the PSP, PS3 & Vita stores are to shut down I decided I'd hop onto the PlayStation Store on the Vita and see if there was anything decently priced that I might get. Nothing seemed to be working/purchasable though.

Anyone else having that issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

With the news that the PSP, PS3 & Vita stores are to shut down I decided I'd hop onto the PlayStation Store on the Vita and see if there was anything decently priced that I might get. Nothing seemed to be working/purchasable though.

Anyone else having that issue?

The store on vita has been in various states of disrepair for a good while and sony don't seem to care.

You can still access the old version of the online store here: https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/home/games?smcid=psapp

They don't update it anymore though which means no sales so the games are full price. I hope they do one big sale before they close it down but I doubt they will.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

This might be a silly question but what does the store closing actually mean? That digital only games for the VITA/PS3 will no longer be purchasable?

Kingp35 wrote: »
    This might be a silly question but what does the store closing actually mean? That digital only games for the VITA/PS3 will no longer be purchasable?

It will. I believe anything you have purchased should still be playable..... unless I'm mistaken. Does anyone know otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

It will. I believe anything you have purchased should still be playable..... unless I'm mistaken. Does anyone know otherwise?

Correct, all digital purchases continue to be playable and anything purchased digitally 'should' still be available to download. The second point is yet to be clarified but should be the case, for a while anyway.

Only the store and ability to purchase games/DLC are definitely going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Email just received to confirm you can still download games you own or you got through Plus, as long as they're in your download list on the device

On that topic, anything worthwhile to get before closing? That's like rare and cheaper to get digital, that kinda stuff

Gyan84 wrote: »
    The store on vita has been in various states of disrepair for a good while and sony don't seem to care.

You can still access the old version of the online store here: https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/home/games?smcid=psapp

They don't update it anymore though which means no sales so the games are full price. I hope they do one big sale before they close it down but I doubt they will.

I had been able to see the PS3 and Vta stores from your link but can't see anything at the moment, it just loads up the regular store. Have they cut off access early?

Edit: Bloody feckers, seems they have:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-03-29-sony-quietly-kills-old-web-version-of-the-playstation-store-that-let-people-buy-ps3-vita-and-psp-games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I had been able to see the PS3 and Vta stores from your link but can't see anything at the moment, it just loads up the regular store. Have they cut off access early?

Edit: Bloody feckers, seems they have:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-03-29-sony-quietly-kills-old-web-version-of-the-playstation-store-that-let-people-buy-ps3-vita-and-psp-games

Yeah they shut that down a few days after I posted the link to it.

The store on the vita itself is meant to stay open until August but I've always found it 50/50 as to whether it would work at all.

Advertisement