Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing for stamps only

Options
  • 07-04-2021 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

My jobseekers benefit is due to finish soon, I will not qualify for Job seekers allowance as my partners earnings brings us over the threshhold. Is it possible to sign for a stamp(prsi contribution), and is this the same as paying a stamp while you are working?
    What is involved in this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

You can sign on just for stamps. In normal times you would have to sign on once a week as usual, but presumably not these days. Not sure what you mean about paying for stamps while working? There are differences between paid and unpaid contributions, e.g. unpaid can't count towards maternity benefit, but both count towards pension. Definitely worth doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭square ball

You can sign on just for stamps. In normal times you would have to sign on once a week as usual, but presumably not these days. Not sure what you mean about paying for stamps while working? There are differences between paid and unpaid contributions, e.g. unpaid can't count towards maternity benefit, but both count towards pension. Definitely worth doing.

You would normally sign in the office once a year for Credits only to see do you meet the conditions for the scheme is: are you available and looking for full time work. But pretty much the same principal making your aapplication pre Covid you would receive a UP1x form when current JB claim is coming close to exhausting send that back and they should make a decision around the week your payment is due to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,354 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Easten wrote: »
    My jobseekers benefit is due to finish soon, I will not qualify for Job seekers allowance as my partners earnings brings us over the threshhold. Is it possible to sign for a stamp(prsi contribution), and is this the same as paying a stamp while you are working?
    What is involved in this?

It's called signing on for credits, the term 'stamp' hasn't been used for years now to describe PRSI contributions.

When your JSB finishes, send a letter or e-mail to your local Intreo (DSP ) office, tell them you won't satisfy the means test for JSA and want to sign on for credits.

Advertisement