Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭ThePott

Smyths order from Wednesday arrived today in case anyone is in the same boat.
    Had a text it was coming Monday but came early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Macken2021

Supposedly Curry's in Jervis st is taking pre orders now. Tried calling them as I am in work but no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Shipping confirmation from Gamestop of my order of 23 February. A heads up for those that got in that afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Not sure if you can order over the phone with Curry's. I thought you had to call in to the store ?

I was in Curry's Jervis today and I could order one to be collected. I opted for an xbox instead but I could have gotten a PS5 if I wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

DIY KING wrote: »
    Not sure if you can order over the phone with Curry's. I thought you had to call in to the store ?

yeah its all in store for currys, you fill out a form, bring it to till and pay, you will be called then when stock is in. I did this yesterday in Cork. Console and Controller bundle only.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 betarayjay

how long is the turnaround for curry's after you put your name down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

betarayjay wrote:
    how long is the turnaround for curry's after you put your name down?

Hard to know. I asked three people yest in Currys. One said I'll have it this week, another said next week and another said 2 to 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Just ordered in Curry's, Waterford. They had three bundles: with Miles Morales, Demon Souls or an extra controller. The girl said they should be in over the weekend, obviously not sure if that's correct. They had another few slots available when I was leaving about an hour ago.

Hard to know. I asked three people yest in Currys. One said I'll have it this week, another said next week and another said 2 to 3 weeks.

Most of the employees I saw were bored low level staff. The lady I spoke to seemed to be the manager. She said 2-3 day wait for PS5 and up to 10 days for Xbox.

But I don't know how reliable that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just a heads up,went to PC World Blanchardstown and was told they no longer take names for pre order. If they have stock, people just have to go in and buy it.

He said the ques were causing a problem for the store so there now trying this.

They had 180 PS5's this morning which all sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Curry's now happy to sell to the public so I assume that staff, friends and family have been sorted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just a heads up,went to PC World Blanchardstown and was told they no longer take names for pre order. If they have stock, people just have to go in and buy it.

He said the ques were causing a problem for the store so there now trying this.

They had 180 PS5's this morning which all sold out.

Strange logic...

Queues were causing a problem so they now ask people to come to their store anyway. That should solve the problem lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

I was in Curry's Jervis today and I could order one to be collected. I opted for an xbox instead but I could have gotten a PS5 if I wanted.

Oh no not an Xbox

Jayisplay wrote: »
    Oh no not an Xbox

Don't worry, I'll own both soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

wonski wrote: »
    Strange logic...

Queues were causing a problem so they now ask people to come to their store anyway. That should solve the problem lol.

Thought exactly the same thing but no point in saying it.

He did mention specifcally Friday morning,I can't make it with college but might be worth checking out if people can make it up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Mac B

Ordered today in Currys Naas. Manager said end of week.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

Got lucky in the latest Argos drop and mine delivered this evening. Cheers for the updates.
    Goodbye & good luck to y'all. It's been emotional!

Argos drop? Did they release some and I completely missed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭bdmc16

muddypuppy wrote: »
    Argos drop? Did they release some and I completely missed it?

No Argos drop for Ireland , that was in the UK which strangely that poster didn’t bother to clarify. Amazon dropped today but I couldn’t get near completing the purchase .

Because I didn't know if there was any for Ireland; I could only speak for the UK.

But you do realise this is an Irish site, and virtually everyone here is looking for one in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

This is the second time he's talked about UK drops as if they were Irish ones. I think he's doing it for attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Yes. However, am I not allowed to participate in this thread and share my own experiences as a foreigner? If I knew about any Irish drops I'd post them as well to help yous out.

I'm not a "he". :rolleyes:

I apologise for saying he.

You have to assume that if you come onto an Irish forum and start talking about getting a PS5 from Argos, people will assume you mean in Ireland. And I see you didn't deny doing it for attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I apologise for saying he.

You have to assume that if you come onto an Irish forum and start talking about getting a PS5 from Argos, people will assume you mean in Ireland. And I see you didn't deny doing it for attention.

That is exactly what I assumed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Called in to Liffey Valley Currys earlier to enquire, as I was nearby.
    Added my name and number to the list and said I was around 130th on the list and it could be a month before I hear anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

milltown wrote: »
    Called in to Liffey Valley Currys earlier to enquire, as I was nearby.
    Added my name and number to the list and said I was around 130th on the list and it could be a month before I hear anything.

Not if this is true!

PS5.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Sounds like the drought is over, based on the above and the reduced post frequency here.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Goggleyed_gimp

Sounds like the drought is over, based on the above and the reduced post frequency here.

Certainly looks that way alright.

Anyone have updates on any Swords stores?

Effort of going back reading all the posts.

Thanks in advance guys

Cex offering 595 is a good indicator.

Still more that RRP/official price, but we are getting close to normal price.

wonski wrote: »
    Cex offering 595 is a good indicator.

Still more that RRP/official price, but we are getting close to normal price.

I checked cex and I'm still seeing 800ish?

• Advertisement

I checked cex and I'm still seeing 800ish?

I mean selling price (We Buy for) ;)

Used to be higher than that.

Advertisement