Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headset's/voice chat?

Options
  • 10-02-2021 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭

So after waiting patiently, my youngest two have finally received their headsets for their switches.

Ok, fair enough. I didn't put much research into it, but I was under the impression that if they have the headsets they can chat with each other, and their cousins who are miles away from them

Apparently it's not that easy, they were hoping to be able to chat and have a bit of craic with each other on Minecraft, but it doesn't seem possible from what I've seen.

There's something to do with an app I need to install, but the problem with that is, it asks you to sign in with an Nintendo profile, and I've more than one kid here here in the house with more than one profile.

Do I need a Nintendo' app on a different device for each profile? I assume their cousin will need to do same their end?

Anyone any quick and easy advice as to what we need to do to enable them to all chat together and save my phone from all the facetime it's being put through?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

There is no voice chat on the Switch like on PS or XBox.

A couple of games have built their own voice chat, Fortnite will work if you plug in a headset and join a party.

There is a Nintendo voice chat app that only works with some games, Minecraft isn't one of them.

So the only way to let them chat is to use a phone or tablet like you have been doing.

If you have the time or inclination you could set up a family Discord for them and they can all chat using phones/tablets in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

nedd wrote: »
    There is no voice chat on the Switch like on PS or XBox.

A couple of games have built their own voice chat, Fortnite will work if you plug in a headset and join a party.

There is a Nintendo voice chat app that only works with some games, Minecraft isn't one of them.

So the only way to let them chat is to use a phone or tablet like you have been doing.

If you have the time or inclination you could set up a family Discord for them and they can all chat using phones/tablets in that.

Ugh.... I wish I had of looked at this before shelling out for the 3 headsets..... They seem a bit pointless now in hindsight.

If I go down the discord route, they presumably hook the headsets into the phone/tablet as opposed to the switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

McMurphy wrote: »
    If I go down the discord route, they presumably hook the headsets into the phone/tablet as opposed to the switch?

Yep. There is no option that lets them chat on Minecraft on the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

nedd wrote: »
    Yep. There is no option that lets them chat on Minecraft on the Switch.

Thanks nedd, yeah they're all set up now in their own little discord private voice server thinking they're the biz God love them. They can even have video session kind of like zoom too.

Seems to be suiting them ok, it's not perfect but it's doing their job just fine!

Thanks nedd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thought I'd throw this in here.

Can anyone recommend a bluetooth adaptor that plugs into the stand and allows two way communication with a bluetooth headset?

Hope I'm asking that right!

• Advertisement
Advertisement