Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options
1818283848587»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

thank you again ladies. Haha the steak and peppercorn I would love it.. We have a pic of her when she was around 2 licking the t bone from a steak, id say that was he last bit of meat..

Bee for sure they pick up our things, I laugh she is always needs to wipe her hands if they are sticky or anything im like mmmm thats me..And the same we are opposites we have an older girl and younger boy (just gone 16mths) and he just does not stop eating a machine... S

So we are'nt doing to bad with things then, I would love to give her what we are eating as I hate cooking different dinners (i was looking at the option of a mini oven at one stage as it is a waste putting the oven on for one or two bits) but she still will not eat any of it, mind maybe just time to get stricter on it, give her the waffel and then the rest is fair game.. Which i kinda do but then himself is a little softer so it ends up back and forth..Going to try this approach for the next two weeks and see if we get anywhere..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yeah, to be honest, on my first I was making different dinners and that...I made the mistake of not introducing her to soup or spicey things early enough and now she won't eat them ( I think she has slight sensory issues with some foods, so not getting too fussed about it.) By the time number 3 came, I just had lost the will to live with messing about food, so it's basically eat what we are eating or starve:rolleyes:
    Now I mean there are some things that are just not going to happen - pork chops and a mushroom sauce, or salmon or that. But I just give them the same rice/potatoes and veg as us those days, and substitute something else for the meat/fish. I have to admit I don't do options of waffles or chips and that - if there are waffles we are all eating them, same goes for sausages and pizzas and things.
    The problem you will find is that as the second gets bigger and starts having opinions, he will only want what his sister has, and then you end up worrying about 2 of them eating restricted diets.
    They are smart enough Milly - present the plate, give her 15/20 mins and take it away. Occasionally, I do the whole "you won't get ice cream afterwards unless you eat the dinner" with the 2 year old, although he usually pays no attention! They cut their losses very quickly though and none of them will starve. I don't go down the road of making them clear the plate because I don't think that's right, but if they eat a good chunk of it, I'm happy. And you do have to mix and match a bit, sausages or pizza once a week or so isn't the end of the world.:DWouldn't draw too much attention to the eating thing if you can though, sets their backs up against it.:rolleyes:

thanks Shesty, they are very clever indeed more than we give them credit for haha... Yeah we all seem similar i would just love to know why she went off the food.. it wasnt from snacking or bad food just stopped..

Fingers crossed well get to the end of it soon and she will try something new

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ah it is just being a toddler as far as I can see.It is almost like a rite of passage for them!

The 2 year old discovered raw peppers yesterday evening. Chomped away on a good 6 or 7 slices of them as I was chopping (first time ever).

20 minutes later, I offered him a cooked one off my plate. Looked the exact same as the raw, except a bit softer.

"No thanks, I don't like that"

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

haha man they can be painfull.. in the last few days we have cooked her the waffle, and then I made rice with some raisins and (brain fart moment) apricot thats the one! She has eaten most of the rice saying it is her favorite food, she has mostly been eating the fruit out of the rice but in fairness she has eaten a good bit of the rice too.. getting places slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 20,563 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Hey guys
    It's been a while since anyone posted , here I guess there all little people now and not babies

Just wondering has anyone kid been quite emotional of late, Out of no where in the last week our little girl seems to be getting overly upset over trivial things, seems like another growth phase of some sort,

For instance if anyone leaves the house for 5 minutes she will get upset & "misses " them
    Her brother fell over (nothing serious) and she was crying (he was not) because "he hurt himself & he's only a baby "

Just little things like that

Hello hello, it seems like forever ago this thread :) hope eveyone is keeping great...

Bless he yourdeadwright, is she breaking down in tears then? We haven't had emotions this way (unless i put on baby mine from Dumbo) but we have had very very angry tempers, and testing... The tantrums are just like wtf did I do.. We had the most wonderfull time shopping she is so good better behaved that most grown ups in the shop but when I went to put her in the car the beast arrived.. I swear I was shocked red faced as there was a lady in the car next to me, I saw another lady looking over.. I just closed the door and packed the car up told her if she didnt sit in the seat id leave her there to walk home... Took a while of convincing her not to stay there haha..

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hello hello, it seems like forever ago this thread :) hope eveyone is keeping great...

Bless he yourdeadwright, is she breaking down in tears then? We haven't had emotions this way (unless i put on baby mine from Dumbo) but we have had very very angry tempers, and testing... The tantrums are just like wtf did I do.. We had the most wonderfull time shopping she is so good better behaved that most grown ups in the shop but when I went to put her in the car the beast arrived.. I swear I was shocked red faced as there was a lady in the car next to me, I saw another lady looking over.. I just closed the door and packed the car up told her if she didnt sit in the seat id leave her there to walk home... Took a while of convincing her not to stay there haha..

yes she breaks down in tears over the smallest of things and is very upset, its literally only start since last Sunday

She doesn't really do tantrums but I guess they all have there on way of showing emotions,

Have you tried explaining it all to her maybe sit down and have a little chat about how things happen.. Like that if a person goes away they do come back (hopefully :) ) .. That Cocomelon TV with JJ and family in it might have something that might explain all.. I hate refer to shows but sure if needs be

• Advertisement

Have you tried explaining it all to her maybe sit down and have a little chat about how things happen.. Like that if a person goes away they do come back (hopefully :) ) .. That Cocomelon TV with JJ and family in it might have something that might explain all.. I hate refer to shows but sure if needs be

Its funny because over the weekend she seems to reverting back to her old self already ,It crazy how little things worry you & then there gone as quick as they came along,

I think it is their mind just exploding (a brain fart for kids is the other name) :) They must have so much going on in their heads, and it has to get a bit much for them sometimes.. Same with our little one she was having tantrums left right and centre, ended up not sending her to creche one day as she flat out refused to get dressed until she wanted to. Lasted about a week or two and then it was all good.

Her brain has been fitting so many things together lately it is wonderful to watch...Glad your little miss is going back to her old self hope that is the end of this stage :)

I think it is their mind just exploding (a brain fart for kids is the other name) :) They must have so much going on in their heads, and it has to get a bit much for them sometimes.. Same with our little one she was having tantrums left right and centre, ended up not sending her to creche one day as she flat out refused to get dressed until she wanted to. Lasted about a week or two and then it was all good.

Her brain has been fitting so many things together lately it is wonderful to watch...Glad your little miss is going back to her old self hope that is the end of this stage :)

I think your spot on ,
    There little life's must be so hard at times with the growing and hormones released into there brain's to do so,

I guess the refusing to get dressed is trying to see if she can control the situation ,
    Its funny because before you have kids you think you know how u'll deal with every situation but when its real & happing there is so many different things at play sometimes it better for everyone if you let them win some battles from time to time

Another one ladies or gents just incase as I like to say :) . Had a bit of a issue with thrush a few months ago with the little one, I think thrush as well the signs were there and that led to not wanting to pee and burning all that goes for a few days.. Had the great debate was it just getting that little extra bit of sugar with cakes and what not at creche, but cut down on one thing which was dried apricots!! Now she did not get a lot of them, but said we would start at the one thing she did not have all the time, and it seems since not given her these for a month and all is good. I know dried fruit has a lot of sugar but she used to have them as a snack every now and again... Have not given them to her for about a month and nothing.

I know talk about kids having brain farts :)..

Hope everyone is doing well, and vaccines are going well. Got our first ones recently and have to say waiting in the que and getting it done, the last time I felt that scared was was waiting to go in for a planned c section with the second baby.. Nothing bad at all about it but the ohh man do I want this to happen or not I will say I shed a few tears

Advertisement