Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N17 Tolo Makay

Options
  • 04-02-2021 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭

I never liked the Sawdoctors. Always thought yer man was always just shouting around the place. I could imagine them bashing around country halls and so on.

Came across Tolo Makay recently with her version of the NI7. I could actually hear the words she was singing as her diction was spot on. It was a much better version than the boys themselves. More sensitive and I think more meangingful.

What ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

bobbyss wrote: »
    I could actually hear the words she was singing as her diction was spot on. It was a much better version than the boys themselves.

The song is meant to be interpreted and sung in it's own way as intended by it's writers, The Sawdoctors.
    It was not really written and recorded in 1990 to be covered 30 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I'm a big fan of Tolu and love her version of N17.

Advertisement