Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clonmel Nov 14th - return of Douvan!

• 14-11-2019 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

All tips and fancies for the day.....
    Heading to the track myself.
    Few decent market movers this morning i'll keep an eye on:
    Braeside (1.10) 7/1 - 4/1.
    Port Rashid (1.40) 9/1 - 11/2
    Cloudy Morning (2.15) 16/1 - 10/1
    Tout Est Permis (2.50) 10/1 - 15/2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

i have thrown away a fiver on

12.40 Kalanisi Og
    13.10 Braeside
    14.35 Brewinupstorm
    14.50 Douvan
    15.20 Sattered Love
    15.55 Fancy Foundations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

I'd imagine anyone backing Douvan would be as well off waiting until the last hour before the off. Couldn't have him at the prices myself I'd imagine the books will try and take him on as much as possible too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Going against Douvan and Monalee.... dabble on Jett at 12/1.

On Fancy Foundations at 2/1 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Douvan has been smashed up in the betting come on boy

Odds on now

• Advertisement

Amazing horse.

Pretty decent run that after the break. Couldn't have had him on my mind at the prices. Good to see a good horse come back though. Be interesting to see if he comes on from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Great to see him win but... I'm going to reserve judgement on whether or not he'll mix it up at the top again until his next run.

Great to see him win but... I'm going to reserve judgement on whether or not he'll mix it up at the top again until his next run.

Ya same as that. You'd like to see him doing it again. Beating Jett 9 odd lengths getting weight is hardly top top form. But the scope is there anyway and his jumping was fairly scratchy in the mid section of the race. So lots of room there for improvement.

Shattered love been absolutely smashed now. The clonmel punters are getting well stuck in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is a King George bid to optimistic? Would love to see him try it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is a King George bid to optimistic? Would love to see him try it

For Douvan? Judgement reserved as i said but I'd be surprised if he runs over 2m4f again, let alone over 3m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

He will be in the Ryanair, have it on decent word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I thought Douvan was pleasing. I also thought he could have gone further. He made a hash of 2 fences, but its been over 500 days so I will forgive him that
    What pleased me most was the ground he was making between fences, had them all in trouble 3 out and PT was Ruby like on board just sitting.

Little caveat, not sure how hard Monalee was pushed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

He will be in the Ryanair, have it on decent word

This is an absolutely ludicrous post. There is no way that the Mullins team have even got close to putting bums on seats for March. They change their minds repeatedly in the closing weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

D9Male wrote: »
    This is an absolutely ludicrous post. There is no way that the Mullins team have even got close to putting bums on seats for March. They change their minds repeatedly in the closing weeks.

WPM doesnt even know himself till a day before the decs.

Wait and see who is right, if he turns up he is in the Ryanair. As I said from a good source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Wait and see who is right, if he turns up he is in the Ryanair. As I said from a good source.

Nonsense.
    He may well run in the Ryanair, but there's no way anybody has decided that yet. That yard in particular do not make Cheltenham race decisions in November (see Vautour etc. for previous examples).
    Either you're a liar or your 'source' is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

They don't even know where to run him in December never mind March

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

Looked good today. A few messy jumps that cost him at least 6 lenghts.

I'll reserve judgement until after the next race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

The Ryanair is the most obvious destination but there is no running plans made in that yard for the festival in January nevermind in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Yeah impressive enough, great to see him back.

I seen Ruby telling Paddy Power that Monalee will be tough to beat, so that said it all. Scummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Douvan had 18 lb in hand of the second and looked absolutely race fit.On the other hand based on paddock inspection Monalee looked like a right pig that would require another race to be race fit.Imo come Cheltenham Monalee has by far the most scope for improvement not just fitness but also jumping.

Really are a bunch if sensitive types in here, the Ryanair is the target and to say willie doesn't know where his main championship race horses are been targeted at is a load of bull. Kemboy if allowed, al boum photo gold cup, classical dream champion hurdle, Cancun por champion chase.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Yeah impressive enough, great to see him back.

I seen Ruby telling Paddy Power that Monalee will be tough to beat, so that said it all. Scummy.

Seen that and the day before in fairy house he said if you are down a few quid you would get it back on bapaume. Scandalous stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Really are a bunch if sensitive types in here, the Ryanair is the target and to say willie doesn't know where his main championship race horses are been targeted at is a load of bull. Kemboy if allowed, al boum photo gold cup, classical dream champion hurdle, Cancun por champion chase.

Good man you are Ruby!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

There's something intrinsic on here that everyone feels they have to be an expert. If any of us were, we wouldn't bother our ar$e with the place!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

A horse that hasn't raced in over 18 months due to an injury set back which hadn't won a race in almost 3 years has just beaten a few decent handicappers, 4 in fact, whilst being in receipt of 5 lb's, by 9 lengths. It looks like 3 of them were non triers and turned up to get a few quid for their feed and hay. Peregrine Run got paid over 2 grand for his troubles.

Then your all bickering about his Cheltenham target? 9 times out of ten a horse with Douvan's profile will end up bouncing on his next run, which is hardly going to be the John Durkan or anywhere fancy this Christmas.

At the end of the day it was a nice few quid for Cry Baby and the owners of Monalee have booked their tickers and accommodation for Gold Cup day with the € 7,500 they got for a spin around Clonmel. The Harrington's would probably agree, Jett has had a productive few weeks also and can hang around for place money all year if he wants to now.

It was a shight race if I am honest. Douvan battered a rake of fences and it is not hard to beat 4 other pigs who are not even bothered getting in the race. They should all be put up in front of the stewards. There literally was "nothing to see" there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    A horse that hasn't raced in over 18 months due to an injury set back which hadn't won a race in almost 3 years has just beaten a few decent handicappers, 4 in fact, whilst being in receipt of 5 lb's, by 9 lengths. It looks like 3 of them were non triers and turned up to get a few quid for their feed and hay. Peregrine Run got paid over 2 grand for his troubles.

Then your all bickering about his Cheltenham target? 9 times out of ten a horse with Douvan's profile will end up bouncing on his next run, which is hardly going to be the John Durkan or anywhere fancy this Christmas.

At the end of the day it was a nice few quid for Cry Baby and the owners of Monalee have booked their tickers and accommodation for Gold Cup day with the € 7,500 they got for a spin around Clonmel. The Harrington's would probably agree, Jett has had a productive few weeks also and can hang around for place money all year if he wants to now.

It was a shight race if I am honest. Douvan battered a rake of fences and it is not hard to beat 4 other pigs who are not even bothered getting in the race. They should all be put up in front of the stewards. There literally was "nothing to see" there.

You must be well set for Christmas hopefully you got the 9/4

• Advertisement
Advertisement