Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitted Kitchen

Options
  • 16-03-2015 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi

Could anyone recommend any good Kitchen companies. Has anyone used Cash and Carry Kitchens or Cherrymore in Donegal town, Any recommendations please? Also looking for new insert stove with fireplace surround, would appreciate recommendations also.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Winterwood on Water Lane. On the ally way between Castle Street and Rockwood Parade. Ask for Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Delta7

Hi

Thank you for reply. Ill try them, did you get a kitchen from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Delta7 wrote: »
    Hi

Thank you for reply. Ill try them, did you get a kitchen from them?

I did, and very happy with them too. Very professional, friendly, from the very start, through the installation, right through to finish.

Hi Mint Sauce,

Thank you, great to get a recommendation, I had a look at the link you posted, they look very good, will call into showroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I can recommend Terry's stoves for your stove. He has a Facebook page.

He done a great job for me.

http://terrysstoves.com/

• Advertisement

Hi
    Thank you for recommendation, will try them

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Shop around winter wood are a bit tot price wise for what they offer.my mother in law got a new kitchen a few years ago she was going winterwood they had the name until she shopped around she got a fabulous kitchen at less money's.i will ask over the weekend for details.

Also Joe Simon's in Boyle for a stove I got one from them there competitive and the lads know their stuff,would recommend giving them a call

Hi SligoNo1,

Thank you for your reply. Would be great if you could find out who your mother in law used, thank you. Will def give Joe Simons a call also.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Firblog

Big negative for Cherrywood in Donegal, mate got kitchen from them for cottage he has at home, had trouble, they did nothing, went to court, got fixed.

Hi Firblog,

Thank you for feedback, Ill stay away from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Delta was chatting my mate yesterday he got a kitchen off cash and carry kitchens he said they were top class great help when planning the kitchen and delivered everything on exact time plus the quality and fitting service was great and it was fitted for free.

He had no good word with cherrymore two months later he is still waiting on a kitchen plan and a price

Hi Sligono1,

Thank you for feedback, I rang Cash and Carry kitchens and they were very helpful. Im going to go in with plans this week, free fitting is great. Thanks again

Delta7

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Maisie59

Hi Delta 7, Did you go with Cash and Carry? I'm considering getting a kitchen from them soon and wonder how you got on?

Hi

I actually went with a carpenter, worked out better value and got to move things around. I am very happy with kitchen. I can pm his details to you if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Firblog wrote: »
    Big negative for Cherrywood in Donegal, mate got kitchen from them for cottage he has at home, had trouble, they did nothing, went to court, got fixed.

Care to elaborate on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dk1979

Been about 5 years now, but Cash and Carry Kitchens worked out great for me. Good service and fitting was trouble free

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Maisie59

Yes, please do pm. Thanks!

Care to elaborate on this?

What details do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Firblog wrote: »
    What details do you need?

like what happened, what the solution was, the story etc.........

As said he got kitchen in his holiday home, this was July/Aug. By March some of the door and drawers had warped so much they wouldn't close properly, one door had even split.He contacted them, one guy came down, had a look and said the problem was that the holiday home was too damp and that was the cause of the warping. - Only the kitchen units were effected, no doors, floors or anyother piece of furniture was effected.

Mate got some expert to come an have a look, he took samples of kitchen units, and other wooden items in the house - his conclusion was that the kitchen units had not been dried right in the factory, that they'd actually dried out in the mates house; nothing he tested in the house was damp.

Mate gave Cherrymore results, they said they were going to do nothing to fix issue; went to court, after several postponements and general fannying about by Cherrymore they eventually agreed in court to replace whole kitchen, pay for mates expert report, and all other expenses incurred.

Hope that helps

• Advertisement
Advertisement