Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong winds Sunday evening/night, Oct 5/6th

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭highdef

Nothing to speak of of interest during the night in my part of Kildare. Local hills may have been doing some sheltering. A few small twigs and branches at the top of the hill and loads of leaves but just a typical autumn blowy night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

highdef wrote: »
    Nothing to speak of of interest during the night in my part of Kildare. Local hills may have been doing some sheltering. A few small twigs and branches at the top of the hill and loads of leaves but just a typical autumn blowy night.

Big tree down around bodenstown. But the worst thing was my bin fell over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Nothing out of the ordinary happened here (north meath) after all to, rain didnt even amount to much, 21mm is all we got since 12pm yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Just back from a damage assessment. We lost 4 trees that stood through the big storm earlier this year. Lots of branches broken also. :( A lot of small debris to be cleared up.

14km north of Wexford town.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

From looking at the ESB network outage map there must be quite a decent scattering of trees and tree limbs down around the country after last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Went a drive last night to see if there was much damage in my area, lots of leaves and small branches on the road, seen the odd big branch that had already been shifted off the road as well.

It was also lashing the entire time in this video, if you notice I never used my wipers once, this is because I apply "RainX" to my windows which just makes the water scoot off. Highly recommended!!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Timfy

77 km/h (41knts) was the highest gust that I recorded here in North West Connemara... We class that as a nice day round these parts!

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Highest Gust recorded in Galway city was 66.0 km/h at 22:55 PM
    Highest Speed (10 minute average) was 31.0 km/h (F5) at 21:32 PM

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

39mm rain from the storm here, second deluge in the last few days here. Leaves everywhere but thankfully no damage that i can see.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A big load of nothing :p The place is sparkly clean though :) Its like the air got a high speed rinse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Maybe I'm living in a bubble?! That was by far the worst weather I've seen in years in North Dublin. The entire house was shaking with the strong winds most of the night. The storms from last year were no where near as bad. A lot of trees and branches down around the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Maybe I'm living in a bubble?! That was by far the worst weather I've seen in years. The entire house was shaking with the strong winds most of the night. The storms from last year were no where near as bad. A lot of trees and branches down around the area.

where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Maybe I'm living in a bubble?! That was by far the worst weather I've seen in years. The entire house was shaking with the strong winds most of the night. The storms from last year were no where near as bad. A lot of trees and branches down around the area.

Funny, it really does depend in the direction of the wind. The same strength from one direction can cause chaos, but from the other, nothing, because something unknown is blocking or directing it somewhere else.

Was windy here in Limerick last night alright, but not a patch on the Feb 12th Storm.

Southerly gales are not that common here, so maybe your area is usually sheltered from the more typical westerly/southwesterly gales.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Maybe I'm living in a bubble?! That was by far the worst weather I've seen in years in North Dublin. The entire house was shaking with the strong winds most of the night. The storms from last year were no where near as bad. A lot of trees and branches down around the area.

Try living in the west ,during last winter and that would be considered walk in the park weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'm not complaining :) Although when you see the neighbours wheelie bins being thrown around like leaves.. it's a little unsettling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Was pretty wild around 3am, was awoken with rain hammering against window, a squall must have pushed through as the rain was torrential with really high gusts but then abated quickly 15 minutes after.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Was pretty wild around 3am, was awoken with rain hammering against window, a squall must have pushed through as the rain was torrential with really high gusts but then abated quickly 15 minutes after.

Yeah I woke to the same at 4am , checked and it was an intense but small squall . Was quite exciting :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Would definitely class last nights event as a notable storm in these parts. My station in a residential area recorded regular gusts near 80km/h and over 90km/h recorded at the near coastal Waterford Airport. Also 30.5mm of rain recorded over the storm period.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement