Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance company cancelling my direct debit

Options
  • 30-11-2018 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi guys,

So I've got bit of problem, I was insured with KennCo, was actually quite happy with them. Due to my work I've missed 3 direct debits in a row but on each occasion I was paying the debt straight away so nothing was in debt.

I got a call on Monday saying that the company that was taking direct debit for them cancel the agreement and I have 10 days to pay full insurance.
    I was looking at the terms and there's nothing mention that they will cancel my dd after 3 missed payments.

Today I got a letter of the company that was taking dd for KennCo saying that it was my insurance company that cancel the dd agreement.

So I was wondering where they have a right to cancel dd yet nothing was mention in the terms ? Only that an extra charge would be put which I had no problem paying.

Is there anyway I can sort this out or they just cheated and I have to come up with the money in order to not have policy cancel ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have you rang KennCo? They are probably the best ones to answer this.

I'd imagine missed 3 DD in a row gives them just cause to cancel your policy and subsequent DD with your bank, but ultimately they need to answer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

They usually have something in the T&C's that they have the right to cancel if a payment is missed, technically it has been missed as they made a call for the money and it was declined by the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Is there now way of having X amount of money in your account before getting paid to ensure it's collected on time?

What's the issue with work? If you're not being paid the correct amount or on time you might want to sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭damian01211

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Is there now way of having X amount of money in your account before getting paid to ensure it's collected on time?

What's the issue with work? If you're not being paid the correct amount or on time you might want to sort that out.

Usually my wage was right before my dd so never had to save any money for them but for the past 3 months they changed the date they we're paying out, didn't think that was going to be an issue as I was never told by my insurance that if I'll miss payment again, they're gonna cancel my dd. I was always paying it straight after realising that dd didn't went thru.

I guess I have no other chance but borrow money to pay off the outstanding balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Is there anyway I can sort this out or they just cheated

Seriously???

You made an agreement to repay a loan for €x on a certain day each month and you have broken that agreement 3 times! Most insurers would demand full payment on a second default occurring or just proceed to cancel your policy entirely, with all the problems that will bring you

• Advertisement
Advertisement