Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Image management / sorting software

Options
  • 11-12-2018 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise me if there is software available out there that is capable of taking the manual element out of sorting and Grouping a folder of say 1000 photos.....say selecting photos with the same people in them/same scene etc......I have a lot of pictures stored on lap top and Flickr......I don’t feel like or have the time to manually thrall through them all and tag or rename files which are similar in nature. If there was any way of doing this by picture/image recognizing I would be most grateful for a tip.....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Lightroom has some features for doing sooner of that work. You put in a few names and it sorts based on face recognition, leaving you to fill out the ones it doesn't recognize.
    Keywording helps with other sorting.
    If you have GPS data in the images it'll extrapolate locations one you've put a few in.
    It's annoys me that it's subscription only. (I'm lucky enough to have the last version you could "buy" but sadly it doesn't handle raw files from my current camera)

Advertisement