Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards users bike fleets - with added chat!

Options
  • 18-02-2017 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

The bike fleets thread has the potential to be great but is cruelly held back by the no-chat restriction....end this injustice :cool:

I'll get started with 2 from my fleet (of 3)

First up is the road bike, Wiler GTR with a mix of Ultegra/FSA

wilier_2.jpgimg upload

Secondly, the rarely seen (being ridden) Vitus 275

vitus.jpgimage host

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

My two, one for the flat bits and one for the hilly bits,

IMG_5392_zpshaf2nu5u.jpg

71C3179E-9C2B-41BD-86BA-795EC6B90A8F_zpsec0saxu7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

colm18 wrote: »
    The bike fleets thread has the potential to be great but is cruelly held back by the no-chat restriction....end this injustice :cool:

I'll get started with 2 from my fleet (of 3)

First up is the road bike, Wiler GTR with a mix of Ultegra/FSA

Love the williers, and it has my fav bike colour, green!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

thelawman wrote: »
    My two, one for the flat bits and one for the hilly bits,

Very nice, love the Giant colour scheme, more green!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,522 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The fleets thread was created as a result of disquiet over chat in the images of beauty thread (which is still live around here);)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

terrydel wrote: »
    Love the williers, and it has my fav bike colour, green!

It's a little bit too hi-viz for my liking - oh well :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Beasty wrote: »
    The fleets thread was created as a result of disquiet over chat in the images of beauty thread (which is still live around here);)
    Well, there were two reasons: no penis-swinging (whatever that means) and no random-pic-off-the-web stuff.

So now we have three threads:

- Boardsie bike - with chat
    - Boardsie bikes - no chat
    - Images of Beauty - everything

So it seems like the IoB thread could be renamed to something like "Images of Beauty - no boardsie bikes" and that can be the safe space where we argue the toss over whether something is hot or not without accidentally offending someone who posted their own bike.

Just a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Lumen wrote: »
    Well, there were two reasons: no penis-swinging (whatever that means) and no random-pic-off-the-web stuff.

So it seems like the IoB thread could be renamed to something like "Images of Beauty - no boardsie bikes" and that can be the safe space where we argue the toss over whether something is hot or not without accidentally offending someone who posted their own bike.

Just a suggestion.

Just for a split second when reading the above I though you wrote Images of Beasty :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Just for a split second when reading the above I though you wrote Images of Beasty :eek:
    There is one of those too. :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056619425

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Oh dear God!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

10152610_234720306719929_3948789999912478345_n.jpg?oh=0bc0dc0cf19675ae3662d242ba634df9&oe=593E66CE

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,522 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just a suggestion.
    IoB's nearing its end anyway. Just need's Raam to start posting again and we'll soon have to start a "part II":)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

New bike has been sorted, for years I was renting and was limited to 2 bikes, not anymore. Gradually building up the numbers, hopefully a cross and an alu bike next.

Winter bike, Scott cr1 pro, Ultegra DI2, mix and match of bits and pieces I have. Moved to winter bike when I got a new bike, mudguards only put on

33401229115_1c0759be60_c.jpg

Triathlon bike. Got it recently second hand, pain to work on but love how it looks. Trek speed concept 7.5, have a set of FLO 60's and a FLO disc to go on it.

33162124316_c7463d0e7e_c.jpg

And the newest addition. Cannondale supersix evo. Bought and built up over the last few months. Sram etap with a dura ace crank. Hasn't been used on the road yet but looking forward to the good weather so I can get out on it

32587303483_87edb04ef6_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

My three:

Felt F5 - 2011 model bought in 2012. The only original part is the grand/forks. Upgraded it to 6800, Deda carbon seat post, stem and bars. Fulcrum Quattro carbon wheelset and GP4000 tyres and a Prologo Kappa PAS saddle.

Ridley Compact - winter bike with full guards and lights. Campy Zonda wheelset, Pro PLT compact bars, Zipp carbon seatpost, Tiagra 4600 groupset and Prologo Kappa saddle.

Cube LTD Race 29er - 2015 model. Standard spec so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

8nLrSpQh.jpg

Latest addition to my fleet. A mixed bag of parts from various bikes that were chopped and changed over the last few years. Picked up the frameset on Adverts for a price that was too good to pass up even though I wasn't actually looking for anything - the danger of bored browsing. I've wanted a 10 for a long time but never got around to purchasing as they seemed pricey for the spec of the standard builds.

2011 CAAD10 58
    - Chorus11 RD, FD, shifters
    - Chorus10 chainset, WheelsMFG BB30 adaptor cups
    - Athena11 brakes
    - Eurus/Zonda wheel combination with GP4000SII
    - 3T Rotundo Pro bars
    - DedaElementi stem
    - eBay carbon seat post
    - Selle Italia X1 saddle

17lbs/7.7kg as pictured on the bathroom scales test. Happy with that for a training/commuting bike. Massively easy to lose another 250/300g very cheaply with a Kalloy stem, Hylix seat post, light saddle, and latex tubes if I want to.

Very impressed with how it rides for an aluminium frame. It completely lived up to all expectations and hype. And more than that it left much more of an impression on me after an initial 25km shakedown spin earlier in the week than my 2016 SuperSix Hi-Mod did on its first spin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

latest addition, something i don't need to change my footwear to use, if i want to pop down the shops. also a little cheaper to replace than any of the others.

424714.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

aFECebXh.jpg

Latest addition to my fleet, which has been 2.5 years in the making. It's a 1980/1981 Carlton Super Course that an uncle of mine bought new, thoroughly used, and let fall into disrepair. What I thought would be a very quick revamp turned into a major project of procrastination.

I needed to buy a few new parts - saddle, seat post, front fork as the original was bent, and I had to have the front wheel rebuilt with a new hub. Plus the usual finishing kit consumables - chain, cables, tape, hoods, tyres. Nothing out of the ordinary.

7 speed 12-21 cassette, 53x42 up front, Suntour Cyclone derailleurs, Weinmann 605 brakes and levers. Only took it for a quick 5k this evening. Hard to describe. Heavyish slowish but a very, very ... happy bike!

f8W8npXl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

The fleet.

Curve Belgie Ti - Disc
    Weight: ~8.5kg
    54cm titanium frame w' carbon fork
    45mm Curve G4 wheelset w' 25mm Vittoria Corsa G+ tyres
    2015 Campagnolo Chorus groupset
    power2max Campagnolo powermeter chainset
    120mm Ritchey stem
    44cm 3T Ergonova bars w' black/red LizardSkin tape
    Thomson Elite inline seatpost
    Specialized Power saddle
    Speedplay Zero pedals (red, stainless)

c1UBVce.jpg

Cervelo R5
    Weight: ~7kg
    54cm frameset
    31mm handbuilt wheelset (The Cycle Clinic); Kinlin rims, 32f/32r on Campagnolo Record hubs w' 27mm Vittoria Pave tyres (wheelset and tyres purchased for Spring Classics sportives in 2016)
    2014 Campagnolo Record groupset
    120mm 3T stem
    44cm 3T Ergonova bars w' black/red LizardSkin tape
    3T inline seatpost
    Specialized Power saddle
    Speedplay Zero pedals (red, stainless)

7RG48Ps.jpg

PIcked up this Genesis CDA 20 from ThinkBike this morning - some lovely little details on it like the top tube & seat cap designs.

Genesis_CDA.jpg

IMG_20170909_142810e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Always impresses how much love Genesis put into even their entry level designs.

All's I gots is this picture of my holiday rental....

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Lovely bike Colm, loving the colour! I was only thinking you'd nearly gone a year without buying another bike :)
    PIcked up this Genesis CDA 20 from ThinkBike this morning - some lovely little details on it like the top tube & seat cap designs.

Genesis_CDA.jpg

IMG_20170909_142810e.jpg

• Advertisement

Cheers man; I've sold two bikes over the last 6 months so needed to redress the balance!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

latest addition - bought the frame S/H from a boardsie recently, most of the rest is new. have yet to settle on what length i want the steerer tube, and have not yet decided on what pedals i'll go for.

458135.jpg

New winter bike built. Frame bought from Letape after he bought my Scott frame. Budget build in the end using a lot of parts I already had and a cheap 105 groupset. Feels a bit of a pity having such a nice frame set up like that but it will do for now.

44392067932_947fff6e3a_z.jpg

44392066542_b7d0bd0eeb_z.jpg

did that need long throw brakes?

Yep, and even then the back ones are at the limit of the long throw.

Stay tuned. I've a new very wide angle lens for the camera.....

I present to you The Dolans:

460751.jpg

Alas Black Beauty could not make this photo shoot as she's currently performing in Manchester

And for you proper trackies:

460752.jpg

The first time the Red Devil and Red Dragon have been photographed together

Speed concept being replaced, a new to me Argon 18 E119 +. Power meter and wheels were my own, just put them on to see how it looked in race set up.

30235889717_3f59acf982_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Took the winter bike out of reverse hibernation. Full Mishmashno 10spd with Mavic Open Pros. It was so nice out I even left the mudguards off!

463783.jpeg

Advertisement