07-04-2021, 18:10   #7486
Chuck Noland

Friend of mine got their first dose of the AZ vaccine in City Hall today. No delays in, jabbed, 15 mins waiting period, and out. Said all booths were up and running and lots of people about.
Advertisement
07-04-2021, 18:17   #7487
Corholio

232 in hospital. Lowest since week before Christmas.

56 in ICU, which is down 4 from yesterday.
(4) thanks from:
07-04-2021, 22:38   #7488
JP Liz V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Noland View Post
Friend of mine got their first dose of the AZ vaccine in City Hall today. No delays in, jabbed, 15 mins waiting period, and out. Said all booths were up and running and lots of people about.
Is AZ the only one given out in both City Hall and PUC?
07-04-2021, 22:58   #7489
fin12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post
Yes to both. Right now anyway.
Thanks from:
07-04-2021, 22:59   #7490
Chuck Noland

Quote:
I don’t know.
On the vaccination cards now they have QR Codes and the initials AZ as opposed to hand written batch numbers and manufactures name that were on them previously and AFAIK people can’t choose which one they get. So on that front, and I’m only guessing here, it’s whatever one is available at that moment to the vaccinator and not for the person getting the jab to decide
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-04-2021, 23:38   #7491
Jim Gazebo

Quote:
My mother got a text from CUH today for City Hall vaccine but she prefers to wait for her own GP, she is nervous, she is not in healthcare or frontline, she prefers if someone in that group takes her place, she also wants to know what vaccine she is getting, I know a few older folks who asked this to their GP
I have a family member with a text from a mobile number about city hall vaccine appointment. No idea who it's from asking for a yes or no. Is this how it is being rolled out? You'd think they could spread that news on radio / TV ads make sure people know a text will come.... If it doesn't turn out to be real they will be so disappointed..
07-04-2021, 23:57   #7492
ACitizenErased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gazebo View Post
I have a family member with a text from a mobile number about city hall vaccine appointment. No idea who it's from asking for a yes or no. Is this how it is being rolled out? You'd think they could spread that news on radio / TV ads make sure people know a text will come.... If it doesn't turn out to be real they will be so disappointed..
The ones I've saw require the person to text back Y or N
Thanks from:
08-04-2021, 00:48   #7493
JP Liz V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gazebo View Post
My mother got a text first from CUH, then a text from a mobile number for to attend at City Hall for the vaccine but she was nervous and sick so could not attend which was texted back and then she was telephoned back
Thanks from:
08-04-2021, 06:02   #7494
Mardyke

What is the communication method if a person doesn't have a mobile phone? Where does this database of numbers sit? Is it with the GP?
Advertisement
08-04-2021, 08:56   #7495
Chuck Noland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardyke View Post
What is the communication method if a person doesn't have a mobile phone? Where does this database of numbers sit? Is it with the GP?
This is only an assumption but once the registration portal opens next week it will fall on the person looking to get the vaccine to register their own details and then that should help to eliminate double bookings. I’d guess somewhere on it they’ll insert a warning box saying tick method of contact, phone,text,email
08-04-2021, 10:43   #7496
Jim Gazebo

Thanks all! It's legit! Delighted.
08-04-2021, 12:11   #7497
sunbabe08

I genuinely can't deal with the vaccine threat in the covid forum. So I'm gonna ask in here, is there a website where one can register to get the vaccine? I have looked around and I know there is one for health care workers, but that's all I'm seeing
08-04-2021, 12:14   #7498
Stark

Send a message via AIM to Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbabe08 View Post
I genuinely can't deal with the vaccine threat in the covid forum. So I'm gonna ask in here, is there a website where one can register to get the vaccine? I have looked around and I know there is one for health care workers, but that's all I'm seeing
Not yet. Plan is to have something before April 19th. At the moment, everything's being done through GPs so you'd need to be registered with one to be contacted.
Thanks from:
08-04-2021, 13:46   #7499
beer enigma

In fairness it's pretty slick in City Hall, I got a call asking me if I could come in earlier than my appointment as they had capacity. Really trying to get people through as fast as they can
08-04-2021, 13:54   #7500
Douglas Eegit

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer enigma View Post
In fairness it's pretty slick in City Hall, I got a call asking me if I could come in earlier than my appointment as they had capacity. Really trying to get people through as fast as they can
Great news. it's like an old locomotive where it takes a while to get the wheels moving but once it does it'll be smoooooth with the odd bump along the way.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion