Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 18 Mexico

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Not the best strategy from Ferrari, even 'though it has to be given to them that they tried to diversify. Maybe without the pitstop issue and the mistake, Leclerc might have tried a go at Hamilton, but that's it.

Lewis...the race win is mostly on him in reality - came to the grid with the 5th fastest car, manage it to the most minute detail, come out with the race victory somehow. Basically, a full page from the "Alain Prost Manual of Racing".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Kvyat gets a 10 second penalty for the torpedo job on Hulk - demotes him to 11th and Hulk up to 10th with Gasly now claiming 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭This is it

Top Dog wrote: »
    Kvyat gets a 10 second penalty for the torpedo job on Hulk - demotes him to 11th and Hulk up to 10th with Gasly now claiming 9th.

I missed that, what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Kvyat front left touched Hulks rear right in the stadium section . Hulk spun off Clipped the barrier with his rear. Bit harsh calling it a Torpedo Kvyat had come from 8 sec behind Hulk in 5 laps , so was right on him at the end

Danny Ric trying to overtake Perez now that was a Torpedo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Thought Vettel had played it perfectly and was excepting a big charge from him in the last 10 laps. Never happened. Track position is king here, remember that for next year. Why was Leclerc so slow in the middle stint though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Joeface wrote: »
    Kvyat front left touched Hulks rear right in the stadium section . Hulk spun off Clipped the barrier with his rear. Bit harsh calling it a Torpedo Kvyat had come from 8 sec behind Hulk in 5 laps , so was right on him at the end

It was a torpedo job though, he dived up the inside when the gap wasn't there

Why was Leclerc so slow in the middle stint though?
    That has happened him a few times this season(beginning of the season really ) , disappears in the middle of the race . Bit strange , but he really thought he was going to be in the mix really did close a gap to Bottas and the like the rest ...the pace levelled out .

skipper_G wrote:
    It was a torpedo job though, he dived up the inside when the gap wasn't there

There was no dive Hulk was a little wide , not a great attempt by Kvyat but definitely not a Torpedo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Brutal viewing! On the bright side no work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Top Dog wrote: »
    First full race I've watched in a while, and God it was boring after the first couple of laps. Think I'll stick with the highlights, though lately even they seem boring.

Brundle even alluded to it in the commentary at the end - F1 really needs the new rules to have closer racing.
    Not a bad race at all. Hamilton imperious, lots of good overtakes, pit lane cock-ups and the Williams boys giving it loads at the rear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

what was the virtual safety car at the start for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

what was the virtual safety car at the start for

Debris on the track from Verstappen and Hamilton contact I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Why wasn't verstappen given a penalty for going off the track to overtake Magnusson!?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Thought Vettel had played it perfectly and was excepting a big charge from him in the last 10 laps. Never happened. Track position is king here, remember that for next year. Why was Leclerc so slow in the middle stint though?

Exactly what I was expecting, I still can't understand why for what seemed half the race, Vettel was hovering 2.4~3 seconds behind Lewis and then on the last lap when it was too late he closed it down to around 1.5 sec.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

vectra wrote: »
    Exactly what I was expecting, I still can't understand why for what seemed half the race, Vettel was hovering 2.4~3 seconds behind Lewis and then on the last lap when it was too late he closed it down to around 1.5 sec.
    Once the following cars got to within 1.2-1.6 seconds they just couldn't progress further because of the effect of the turbulent air. Happened Leclerc, Bottas, Vettel & Danny Ric (who on fresh medium tyres couldn't get past Checo on well used hard tyres). Sadly its the nature of the cars at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Why wasn't verstappen given a penalty for going off the track to overtake Magnusson!?

Partly because he was forced off but also K Mag seemed to be going very slow at the time. We only got one replay from one angle though so hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Joeface wrote: »

The crucial difference being Riccardo didn't shunt Perez into the wall.

Advertisement