Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 16 Russia

Options
  • 27-09-2019 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭

Verstappen seems to be able to get amoung the Ferraris. Mercs appear a little off the pace, but hey, it's practice and they usually storming around Sochi!

So will the tyres hit the cliff in the race causing an upset? Let's see how this weekend pans out but I don't expect it to be that exciting.

So key times for this weekend:

Qualy on Saturday at 1pm, with the RACE at 12.10pm on Sunday.

Other racing includes F2 where Renualt drivers are paying tribute to Anthoine Hubert with his pink helmet design. Feature race at 2.45pm Saturday, with Sprint Race at 9.20am on Sunday.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

Rain and showers are forecasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Harika wrote: »
    Rain and showers are forecasted.

For quali yes, it looks like it will be wet. But they are saying a dry race!

Ferrari looked racy today in the practice sessions. Going to be another tight one at the front on Sunday I think!

Although we really need Hamilton to DNF to get some life back into the Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Looks like Kvyat will take no part in qualy, engine change after an issue this morning. Will start from the back of the grid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

So just 4 other cars then to be eliminated in Q1. Two be Williams. So who else?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Albon in the barriers and Seb still doesn't have a lap in. Red Flag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Juan Pablo :)

Ouch Kimi had a horrible lap. Russell more than a second clear of Kubica but still half a second down on the Alfa

• Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Turn 13 is unlucky for some.

Midfield fight as close as ever, 3 tenths from 6th down to 14th

I'm genuinely happy that McLaren are doing better as a team compared to a few years ago. They are a good bet to get into Q3 every race bar an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BikeRacer

Super lap from Grosjean in Q2.

Is that stat accurate I wonder, if Leclerc gets pole he'll be the first ferrari driver since Schumacher to get 4 poles in a row

oh Jesus taxi for Ted kravitz.

Cracker of a final sector from Lewis to go P-2.

Wow! 4 tenths.... What a lap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Lewis put in an excellent lap too. Hopefully we will see a great battle between himself and Leclerc tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Looks like a good mix at the start again tomorrow , I am hoping the drivers are still having problems with the turns (8 & 13)during the race , no crashes needed just some mistakes . Midfield battle should be good .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I don't know which run of pole positions is more impressive, the current one from LeClerc or Montoya in 2002 who was also in his second season of F1 but a bit older.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

EFk4jWBWwAAWzja?format=jpg&name=900x900

Might be handy as the GP2 race, was decided between alternative race strategies.

• Advertisement

F2 race is red flagged for an incident between Mazepin and Matshush!ta. No replays just yet, medical and extraction team at one of the cars.

astrofluff wrote: »
    F2 race is red flagged for an incident between Mazepin and Matshush!ta. No replays just yet, medical and extraction team at one of the cars.

Matsush1ta went into the wall at an awkward angle - hope he's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Didn't look too bad to me... hopefully the techpro barriers will absorb most of the impact.

Edit* They have said both drivers ok so I'll post a link

https://twitter.com/TifosiTurkiye/status/1178228078432129024

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Argh, annoying. I normally purchase a day pass with NowTV to watch the races, and NowTV seems to be dead. Guess Ill be missing this race :mad:

Strategy for tyres is assumed like this
    Ferrari to run softs to lap 15 or so, then the hards to the end.
    Merc to run mediums to lap 30 or so, then the softs to the end.

I'd expect a safety car to mix the plans a bit. 15 sec loss in pits when SC is out. 25 sec loss normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Important that Vettel gets passed Hamilton give the differing strategies. Starting on the softs, with a power advantage and a tow from Leclerc into turn 2 should help.

Looking forward to Max and Riccardo scrapping through the field.

Fupin' love the Russian nation anthem :)

What a start from Vettel! And Sainz as well!

Great start by Seb!

Safety Car, Danny Ric and Grosjean by the looks of things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Nice from Sainz putting it to Hamilton

Advertisement