Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook Friend Suggestions

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Megwepz wrote: »
    Honestly, without sounding like one of the tin foil hat brigade, I can't come up with any other valid reason than my conversation being monitored....

Please god someone tell me there is another reasonable explanation????
    It's a fact that Google listens for key words. That's no secret. Your phone listened. Has happened me loads of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I don't have facebook but a friend wanted to message me using Whatsapp. I was contacted a week later by vodafone, trying to sell me stuff. I'm a vodafone broadband user but I avoid their call centre calls. The name that came up on my phone screen was of a friend in my contacts who is also on whattsapp. I was so annoyed i uninstalled whatsapp straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Fb friend suggestions can also be location based.

So for example if you went to the same pub each weekend and many of the same people were there each weekend chances are you'd get fb friend suggestions for a few of these people. This is especially true if ye had mutual friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Don't forget Facebook creates a shadow profile for you before you sign up, it gets whatever info your friends have made available about you as their contact. This way they can suggest friends to you should you sign up

Megwepz wrote: »
    I'm honestly gonna try this later, I'll report back.

Did you ever try the Spanish trick?

Advertisement