Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding a Wii

Options
  • 02-11-2008 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I am new to all this so I was wondering if somebody might be able to help me further. I have ordered a d2pro9 chip presoldered with the wii clip. Once the modchip arrives and I put it inside the console what exactly do I need to do then? I have heard of things like the Homebrew Channel, scrubbed games and non-scrubbed games etc...

If somebody who has experience with this could give me just a list of what I need to download and where it goes etc....I would really appreciate it. I can find the downloads myself I just really need a crach course in what I need. I am not being lazy because I have googled it but some many sites with so much information becomes confusing. If it was all in just one place it would be great.

Oh by the way do I need anything special to play scrubbed games as opposed to non-scrubbed games?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mralanduggan

Well i personally would buy the games from the internet... snip snip is very good.

When i say games i mean real games not backups.......

So dont put ''wii backups'' in the search box because thats not allowed......

yes....

Is it illegal if you own the games? Not as far as i know...

Any one have details of the law against it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Is it illegal if you own the games? Not as far as i know...

Any one have details of the law against it?

It is legal to backup data that you own (ie a purchased game) but the means of backing up and playing these "backups" are illegal

animaX wrote: »
    It is legal to backup data that you own (ie a purchased game) but the means of backing up and playing these "backups" are illegal

well does anyone have a copy of the actual legislation regarding this because no one really knows...

all the sites i've seen have different stances on it...

I know we are no to talk about backups but i just wanna find out the legality of it...

i don't want anyone to tell me where to get them or anything because you will get banned...

Advertisement