Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad or Android tablet

Options
  • 27-03-2020 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭

Just looking for something for everyday use. Nothing too taxing and the odd bit of work so would like to be able to connect to a keyboard.

What is the best value out there at yeh minute for the spec you are getting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Considering the samsung galaxy tab a 10.5 at the minute.

Anyone any feedback on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Have a tab a can't fault it tbh good battery life and fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭droidman123

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Considering the samsung galaxy tab a 10.5 at the minute.

Anyone any feedback on it?

I wouldnt touch apple with a bargepole,rip off prices for what is basically a fashion statement.i have the galaxy tab a for the last 2 years and i couldnt fault it.great battery life and screen and specs,plays any high end games and its very fluid to use over all.there are many cheaper tablets and many choices,but as far as the galaxy tab a goes,i would definitely recommend it

Great thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Just looking for something for everyday use. Nothing too taxing and the odd bit of work so would like to be able to connect to a keyboard.

What is the best value out there at yeh minute for the spec you are getting?

Love my Samsung S5E. Plenty of power, excellent screen and what I like about it is it's more flexible than an iPad. If I want to watch a local movie file I just put it on the sd card and play it.
    Have an ipad too but I use the Android for everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Great thanks very much!

Yeah I endorse that also,stay away to fuc*from Apple, android is much more open

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The big thing for me is that it has to have the same charge cable as my phone, can't be dealing with different cables, my phone tablet and headphones are all usb c.

Any of the iPads will be far superior but you will get more for your money with one of the cheap Samsungs. Apple don’t have one in the price range.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

Was looking into buying one for the kids.
    Was going to buy a second hand ipad off Ebay but then thought about a new Android one instead.
    Has anyone any experience with the HUAWEI MediaPad T3 10. Can be got for £100 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

ewc78 wrote: »
    Was going to buy a second hand ipad off Ebay but then thought about a new Android one instead.
    Has anyone any experience with the HUAWEI MediaPad T3 10. Can be got for £100 on Amazon.

My experience with buying tech is you get what you pay for. If you buy something cheap it will be slow and clunky in a year. I have a Samsung Tab and and iPad that about the same vintage. The iPad is much faster. The Samsung crawls. It wasn't the cheapest Samsung, buy it hasn't been updated since I bought it.

Yes Android is more open and for intermediate users considerably handier for day to day tasks. The iPad will work for everything it is designed to, and it will do it easily in an extremely user friendly manner.

I am far from an Apple fanboi but in my opinion the iPad is a better tablet that Android.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

ewc78 wrote: »

My experience with buying tech is you get what you pay for. If you buy something cheap it will be slow and clunky in a year. I have a Samsung Tab and and iPad that about the same vintage. The iPad is much faster. The Samsung crawls. It wasn't the cheapest Samsung, buy it hasn't been updated since I bought it.

Yes Android is more open and for intermediate users considerably handier for day to day tasks. The iPad will work for everything it is designed to, and it will do it easily in an extremely user friendly manner.

I am far from an Apple fanboi but in my opinion the iPad is a better tablet that Android.

Decided to go with the Samsung Galaxy tab A 10.5

All things considered it looked the best option in the price range

I much prefer android but the ipad at under €300 is a much better price/value deal than the samsung 10.5

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=ipad

Advertisement