Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi mi 10 or Samsung S10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

irishchris wrote: »
    Wish I had seen this sooner. That's a cracking price from an eu warehouse. Showing out of stock now, was it in stock when you checked and did you order it from them?

I did. Had the Pro ordered from Amazon but could justify the price differential with knowing there will be no additional VAT. Its If GB works out there won't be much in the difference.

I was a bit sketchy when they asked for ID and a picture of the card as the billing info did not pass(was definatly not going to send it) . My issue though, updated my address on Revolut and they ran it again and it was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I've not bought from them, but some of the reviewers on Youtube seem to rate them as OK, I think MKBD and a few more of them got early CN versions of the Mi 10 from them.

Dual SIM is a requirement for me, and the only Dual SIM from there is the CN version which doesn't have Band 20 for 4g.

I'm in the same boat as you , at that price it looks great accept lack of dual sim :(

I'm looking into alternatives at the moment around that price point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Barr wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you , at that price it looks great accept lack of dual sim :(

I'm looking into alternatives at the moment around that price point.

Oneplus one is being launched soon.

Oneplus one is being launched soon.

Their cameras never have been great .

I'm veering towards a Samsung S20 at this stage

This seems a good price for a plus (€699)

https://www.donedeal.ie/phones-for-s...-plus/24585203

Their cameras never have been great .

I'm veering towards a Samsung S20 at this stage

This seems a good price for a plus (€699)

https://www.donedeal.ie/phones-for-s...-plus/24585203

That link seems to be broken?
    Never really liked samsung. I'd be on the P40 like a rash except for Google. I'm looking for a premium chipset, 5G, Dual sim, has GMS so i can use Google Pay and has Band 20. Camera isn't a priority for me, so Oneplus may do. I don't like the camera hump in the middle of the back though, but I may have to compromise on this bit.

Not sure why the first link isn't work but here goes

https://www.donedeal.ie/phones-for-sale/samsung-galaxy-s20-plus/24585203

€556 on Ali with €26 shipping

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dVZbhKc

Never used this seller before. ALL others seem to be pricing around €630 including HongKong Goldway.

Never used this seller before. ALL others seem to be pricing around €630 including HongKong Goldway.

Thats about €814 including P and P,Customs, VAT and an post admin if applicable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

Amazon Spain have it at the minute with 100 eurp off so 722 with postage and no need to worry about duty/vat. Also includes free wireless headphones and mi band (albeit mi band 3)
    I would assume Amazon UK will have it soon too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

When do we think Amazon uk will stock the mi 10? What about eglobal with the EU warehouse? Will these stock the mi 10.

When do we think Amazon uk will stock the mi 10? What about eglobal with the EU warehouse? Will these stock the mi 10.

It said not long after Europe so assume this month. Most places seem to be having stock from 22 April.
    These have them in stock at the minute and seem reliable from trustpilot reviews but never used them personally. https://www.powerplanetonline.com/xiaomi-mi-10-8gb-128gb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

How do people feel about the mi10 vs the op8? Seem fairly similar

How do people feel about the mi10 vs the op8? Seem fairly similar

Remarkably similar,specs wise Mi 10 slightly trump's it on camera/battery,has infared but is also slightly heavier. Not a lot in it so will come down to preference in OS/brand. OP8 RRP also cheaper but not a lot in it with Mi 10 being on sale.

Anyone got there hands on the Mi 10 yet?

Remarkably similar,specs wise Mi 10 slightly trump's it on camera/battery,has infared but is also slightly heavier. Not a lot in it so will come down to preference in OS/brand. OP8 RRP also cheaper but not a lot in it with Mi 10 being on sale.

Anyone got there hands on the Mi 10 yet?

looks very interesting alright! Gearbest seem to have some in stock. Amazon.es pre order also includes wireless earphones and the mi band 3 for 799

looks very interesting alright! Gearbest seem to have some in stock. Amazon.es pre order also includes wireless earphones and the mi band 3 for 799

There's €100 off also when you checkout.

• Advertisement

There's €100 off also when you checkout.

Woha serious? What part do you get that on? I got to the credit card page yesterday but presume it's after that?

Edit: I see that now, that's some deal. Turned me away from the op8 now

Woha serious? What part do you get that on? I got to the credit card page yesterday but presume it's after that?

Edit: I see that now, that's some deal. Turned me away from the op8 now

Agreed, posted this last week alright when I saw it as cracking deal. Makes the gearbest etc deals look poor in comparison when you add the vat,customs etc. I had originally ordered through gearbest but they pushed dates back several times and had worked out it would cost 844 with added duty so cancelled it. Also the earphones you get with this deal after their latest if I read it right and cost 60-80 work on their own too. Just hope they release it in the day they gave advertised or sooner. Anybody here ever preorder off Amazon Spain and what were their delivery times like?

Agreed, posted this last week alright when I saw it as cracking deal. Makes the gearbest etc deals look poor in comparison when you add the vat,customs etc. I had originally ordered through gearbest but they pushed dates back several times and had worked out it would cost 844 with added duty so cancelled it. Also the earphones you get with this deal after their latest if I read it right and cost 60-80 work on their own too. Just hope they release it in the day they gave advertised or sooner. Anybody here ever preorder off Amazon Spain and what were their delivery times like?

Order presale off Amazon France before and it was bang on.current environment could have some affect on all shipping companies.Still think I got the better deal at €630. :D

Got a notification that shipping was requested today,now let's see when it arrives.

Order presale off Amazon France before and it was bang on.current environment could have some affect on all shipping companies.Still think I got the better deal at €630. :D

Got a notification that shipping was requested today,now let's see when it arrives.

Where did you get it for 630?

Where did you get it for 630?

https://tradingshenzhen.com/en/xiaomi-mi-10-mi-10-pro/2221-xiaomi-mi105g-8gb-128gb-global.html

Out of stock now. I posted it a while back.

• Advertisement

Oh yes forgot your mentioned that previously. Let us know how delivery progresses

Oh yes forgot your mentioned that previously. Let us know how delivery progresses

Got tracking number today and has been shipped from Germany. Lets see how long it takes.

Got tracking number today and has been shipped from Germany. Lets see how long it takes.

Nice one, hope it arrives soon for you. Let us know how it progresses.

I notice eglobal central has it for 640 today but going to stick with Amazon Spain for warranty purposes plus the difference is made up for with the headphones

Good luck with that, the more I look at it the more I like it as a phone. Much better looking than the OnePlus 8/8 plus.

I notice eglobal central has it for 640 today but going to stick with Amazon Spain for warranty purposes plus the difference is made up for with the headphones

Yeah, they're also advertising it as Dual SIM, I've queried this with them by email, but as usual, I would have been just as quick if I sent them a query by Post.
    I'm thinking its just a Typo, they also don't mention that it's 5G or which 5G bands it supports.

Yeah it's a decent price if you want the earphones. Already have a wireless set so wasn't interest in them.when are Amazon due to ship?

Yeah it's a decent price if you want the earphones. Already have a wireless set so wasn't interest in them.when are Amazon due to ship?
    Supposed to be from tomorrow the 22nd April.

Supposed to be from tomorrow the 22nd April.

I found this interesting in the camera review

The mi 10 Pro is above the Samsung S20 ultra in the camera stakes :eek:

https://www.gizchina.com/2020/04/22/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-disappoints-in-dxomarks-camera-tests/

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sth_safal

Did anyone's amazon.es order get shipped today? I received an email saying they are waiting for stock..

sth_safal wrote: »
    Did anyone's amazon.es order get shipped today? I received an email saying they are waiting for stock..

Mine didn't get shipped but got onto them by phone and they said should be shipped by Saturday but he seemed a bit clueless so not sure.
    It says in stock on their website. Or was it the pro you ordered as that is out of stock?

• Advertisement

Mines been sorted by an post now. Hopefully have it by the weekend.

Mine didn't get shipped but got onto them by phone and they said should be shipped by Saturday but he seemed a bit clueless so not sure.
    It says in stock on their website. Or was it the pro you ordered as that is out of stock?

It's a non pro version. Sent them an email yesterday and they got back saying they are looking into it. Yeah, they seem to be in stock on the website strangely. Will update if it gets sent out.

Mines been sorted by an post now. Hopefully have it by the weekend.

Arrived this morning,Postman left it on the doorstep.Just seen it now.

Flipping revolut declined the transaction as suspicious so Amazon have moved the delivery date to a week later now grrr!

Arrived this morning,Postman left it on the doorstep.Just seen it now.

Please let it be dual sim :pac:

Flipping revolut declined the transaction as suspicious so Amazon have moved the delivery date to a week later now grrr!

They have a habit of doing that,surely the likes of Amazon should always go through.

Impressed with the phone so far,the speed difference from my Mi Mix 2s is unreal. Not the slimmest or lightest phone but screen is massive. Camera quality pretty good too from the few snaps I've taken.

Confirmed it's single SIM but no issue for me there. The cover included is very good quality but need a screen protector badly.have a Milken cover and screen protector on order. Let's hope the screen lasts til then.

They have a habit of doing that,surely the likes of Amazon should always go through.

Impressed with the phone so far,the speed difference from my Mi Mix 2s is unreal. Not the slimmest or lightest phone but screen is massive. Camera quality pretty good too from the few snaps I've taken.

Confirmed it's single SIM but no issue for me there. The cover included is very good quality but need a screen protector badly.have a Milken cover and screen protector on order. Let's hope the screen lasts til then.

Thanks for that , I can definitely rule it out for me at this point . Shame as it looked the best for the money .

Thanks for that , I can definitely rule it out for me at this point . Shame as it looked the best for the money .

I'd imagine there will be a workaround for this. Probably flashing another rom and using changing the SIM tray to dual tray but not really worth the hassle when there is alternatives out there. The forum on XDA are looking at this

They probably get more from the networks with the single SIM option.

I'd imagine there will be a workaround for this. Probably flashing another rom and using changing the SIM tray to dual tray but not really worth the hassle when there is alternatives out there. The forum on XDA are looking at this

They probably get more from the networks with the single SIM option.

That would be too much of a headache for me . The Mi 10 was top of my wish list . If it had dual sim , I was pulling the trigger.

Just have to look at the alternatives now.

I am looking at the following (in order of current preference)

Samsung S10
    P30 pro
    Mi Note 10
    One plus 7t

Not a huge difference in price except Mi Note 10 is far cheaper

• Advertisement

Got my amazon.es order shipped by UPS Express. Hoping it would arrive tomorrow but I know I am expecting too much. :)

Would anyone know if UPS delivers on Saturday?

Got my amazon.es order shipped by UPS Express. Hoping it would arrive tomorrow but I know I am expecting too much. :)

Would anyone know if UPS delivers on Saturday?

Nice! I got mine shipped too but is coming with an post! How did you get ups option for delivery?

Thanks very much for the review. Sounds excellent phone. Really looking forward to finally getting hands on mine next week.
    I have cover and glass screen protector on way from China but it's been three weeks and no sign yet but hopefully will be here same time as phone

Nice! I got mine shipped too but is coming with an post! How did you get ups option for delivery?

Great! I don't know really. May be because I sent an email asking about the status as it said waiting for stock even though they were in stock. It looks like I am getting it tomorrow. The tracking says Departure Scan and has scheduled delivery as Friday, 24th. :D

Great! I don't know really. May be because I sent an email asking about the status as it said waiting for stock even though they were in stock. It looks like I am getting it tomorrow. The tracking says Departure Scan and has scheduled delivery as Friday, 24th. :D

Nice, fingers crossed it does! Let us know what you think of it when you get it

Screenshot-2020-04-24-09-04-39-156-com-miui-securitycenter.jpg

6 hrs SOT so far with 25% battery remaining.includes about an hour of video calls.

• Advertisement

Received it around an hour ago.

Came in a big box with phone, earphones and band.

Everything looks fine. The glossy back looks better in person. No screen protector though.

The phone felt a bit warm coming from pixel 2 XL when gaming. Camera and screen are great.

Everything looks fine. The glossy back looks better in person. No screen protector though.

The phone felt a bit warm coming from pixel 2 XL when gaming. Camera and screen are great.

Screenshot-2020-04-24-13-16-40-638-com-miui-securitycenter.jpg

7hrs 45 mins SOT on first charge with bluetooth and GPS on all the time.About an hour of video calls too. Didn't use battery saving mode at all either. Not bad.

Screenshot-2020-04-24-13-16-40-638-com-miui-securitycenter.jpg

7hrs 45 mins SOT on first charge with bluetooth and GPS on all the time.About an hour of video calls too. Didn't use battery saving mode at all either. Not bad.
    Nice, that's good considering never found muiu to be good in battery usage constipated to custom time but that battery usage sounds great considering that.

Mine left France today so hopefully be here before the may 1sr date they gave

Nice one, that was quick delivery! Was hoping would come with screen protector in our with it as the ones I ordered from China don't look like arriving any time soon!

• Advertisement
Advertisement