Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unlock phone? (Huawei P smart)

• 22-03-2020 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Have a huawei psmart 2019 and its new but I want to unlock it to use for a relative on another network.

The phone is locked, I'm going to continue using the sim that came win it but on another phone. But can't wait for the 200 euros spend required to get the network provider to supply the key.

I tried one service online and it didn't work but I got my money back.

So looking for any recommendations for online service as like many here I'm staying at home with the corona virus going around.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

Did you try unlock.ie? Someone had a thread before here with the very same phone and they were the ones that did it. I also had a Huawei unlocked with a code they provided after getting messed about by a couple of eBay sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HeyCelia

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Have a huawei psmart 2019 and its new but I want to unlock it to use for a relative on another network.

The phone is locked, I'm going to continue using the sim that came win it but on another phone. But can't wait for the 200 euros spend required to get the network provider to supply the key.

I tried one service online and it didn't work but I got my money back.

So looking for any recommendations for online service as like many here I'm staying at home with the corona virus going around.

Any help appreciated.
    Dear, did you ask help from the seller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

HeyCelia wrote: »
    Dear, did you ask help from the seller?
    Yes, they are insistent on the credit spend limit before unlocking. I understand their position.

Did you try unlock.ie? Someone had a thread before here with the very same phone and they were the ones that did it. I also had a Huawei unlocked with a code they provided after getting messed about by a couple of eBay sellers.

Unlock.ie are looking for €45. I'm still looking for a cheaper option. Thank you for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Unlock.ie are looking for €45. I'm still looking for a cheaper option. Thank you for the reply

Cheaper would be via eBay but not guaranteed to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

GBX wrote: »
    Cheaper would be via eBay but not guaranteed to work.

I'm in the same boat- contacted Eir (whom I'm with) and they put in a request with Huawei but 3 weeks later they still havne't gotten the code. (Before Xmas they got the code within 5 days).

On Ebay there's sellers that mention Ireland but prices are €45-55.
    Sellers that mention UK are from £2. Any reason why wouldn't a UK one work?

Thanks,
    Pa.

dinneenp wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat- contacted Eir (whom I'm with) and they put in a request with Huawei but 3 weeks later they still havne't gotten the code. (Before Xmas they got the code within 5 days).

On Ebay there's sellers that mention Ireland but prices are €45-55.
    Sellers that mention UK are from £2. Any reason why wouldn't a UK one work?

Thanks,
    Pa.

You’ll need a code for the Irish network you want to unlock from.

You’ll need a code for the Irish network you want to unlock from.

So looking at €45 minimum?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HeyCelia

Yes, they are insistent on the credit spend limit before unlocking. I understand their position.
    Dear, who is 'They'? where u bought it?

HeyCelia wrote: »
    Dear, who is 'They'? where u bought it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

You won't get cheaper than €45 with unlock.ie

As mentioned you might see cheaper on ebay but as others have found the sellers just come back looking for more money on top of what you've already paid.

I got through two ebay sellers. Both came back looking for extra money, I said no to the first and yes to the second. The second then came back after about two weeks looking for more (higher than the 45 mentioned above by that stage) so I cancelled. In fairness, both refunded but I was just couple of months older with a still-locked phone by the end of it all. unlock.ie were 3 days and job done.

So you're looking at paying €45 to get unlcoked? FFS

So you're looking at paying €45 to get unlcoked? FFS

some phones just cost more to get unlocked - even if it is not an expensive phone. I suppose that it comes down to how easy or not it is for the reseller to get the codes - who they have to pay. some phones are really cheap to get it done, some not.

if you're buying a phone to use on another network straight off then it's good to check the unlock code price first.

if you've used the phone for a while then worth checking with the "locked-to" operator first to see if they might do it for free if you have spent enough credit with them.

Just checked with Unlock.ie and it's £51.40 (sterling)!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Just checked with Unlock.ie and it's £51.40 (sterling)!!!!

Thats a glitch on mobiles, won't let you select euros at all on phone, just checked on pc and still €45

Advertisement