Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Guy, Futurama Series 1

Options
  • 08-08-2003 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭

Family Guy Series 1 is only £9.99 (€14) and Futurama Series is 1 is £14.99 (€21) at www.play.com

Looks like Fox is having a special on their series 1's as

Dark Angel £24.99
    NYPD Blue £14.99
    Buffy Season 1 £16.99
    Mash Season 1 £11.99

are all there too.

Was almost tempted to pick up Family Guy at the HMV sale (buy one get the one free) over the weekend. That was until i noticed that they upped the price of most of the DVDs to €41!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ah love family guy. Was about to buy all the series' at various stores too until i realised i'd b spending a coupla hundred. Think i'll get that, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I highly recommend the family guy season 3 box set from play. Its 21 episodes on 3 DVD's and priced quite reasonably. I had it preordered for several months, finally got it a few weeks ago after its release got delayed by over a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

I have ordered Family guy last week from Play and went into Hmv Grafton street to laugh at the price they are charging for the same dvd. €44.99 euros for season one.

Rip Off Ireland, I have not bought a cd or dvd in Ireland for the past 3 years, when I buy online I often price what its would have cost me in Ireland and save 50 or 60 % by buying online.

Neonitrix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mayto

got season 3 for 22.70 euro from www.cd-wow.com.hk ,while play .com is 25.50 euro. everything i bought from cd wow hong kong was cheaper than play.com , and delivered in a week from ordereing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Got to agree with mayto when it comes to shipping cd-wow are pretty quick and as regards price got Final Destination2 R3 about a week ago for just €9.Ordered a disk from dvdsoon nearly 2weeks ago and still waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,904 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Play.com dvds are very unreliable as well. The disks give jerky playback and the silver side of the disk looks like some liquid is spilled inside the disk or something, like the disk had been stored in excessive heat/moisture.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Play.com discs have never ever given me any problems. They've been great every time I ordered from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Although this is all going a little off topic i'll throw my tuppence worth in. I have noticed myself using the 3 companies mentioned above CDwow, Play and DVDSoon.

Play have a much better selection of R2 DVDs than CDWow. Cdwow usually beat Play on price and customer service.
    Dvdsoon cannot be beat for R1 preorders. If you keep your eyes open on DVDSoons site you will get some fantastic offers but you will have to pay when you order them, not when they ship. They are very slow to ship items that have been out for a while though.

There are other sites i have used, but i always come back to those 3. And, as this particular thread is about Family Guy and Futurama Series 1, i will note that CDWow do not have those items in stock so Play have the best price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by neonitrix
    I have ordered Family guy last week from Play and went into Hmv Grafton street to laugh at the price they are charging for the same dvd. €44.99 euros for season one.
    Go back and check out the price for the Goodness Gracious Me DVD (in the TV section). Can't remember whether it's season 1 or 2 that has the fantastic price.

Ordered Family Guy btw - thanks mbroaders. Thinking about Futurama and Simpsons but £9.99 can't be beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    Play.com dvds are very unreliable as well. The disks give jerky playback and the silver side of the disk looks like some liquid is spilled inside the disk or something, like the disk had been stored in excessive heat/moisture.

I have gotten quite a lot of dvds from play.com and only ever had a problem once, which they sorted out very quickly. So if you'd like to back up that very unreliable comment, I'd be interested in how many times you have gotten faulty goods from them.

Dvdsoon are slow. They have great prices and are excellent for pre-orders like mbroaders said, but they are really slow.
    I've waited weeks for them to ship stuff, you can't tell if the item is in stock or not which is annoying so you have to sit and wait. I don't mind though, considering their prices.
    A side note. If you order more than one thing at the same time they are bundled together. Say you order 3 things, if one is out of stock none will be shipped til they get it back into stock. Unlike play and cdwow.

cdwow is great. The Hong Kong site being the best imo. Same dvds as the Irish and English site, but cheaper. Also, the DVDs arive quite quickly, considering they are shipped from Hong Kong. Quickest I got one was 3 days after dispatch.

Play is the site I use to get info on the dvds. Then I'll try Cdwow to see if they have it and will buy it off them if they do. However Cdwow have far less of a selection when compared with Play.
    Both have excellent customer service imo, and Play has the nicest site to navigate (I know this doesnt mean too much, but everything is clear, you know if it's in stock or not.)

Ezydvd.com.au deserves a mention too. Very competitive prices and a good selection. Mainly region 4 dvds, but there is the odd region 2/4 dvd. Not free shipping, which is the only bad side. $9.68 (Australian dollars) for 2 dvds isnt bad though. They dont individually ship either. So something to watch out for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Originally posted by Makaveli

A side note. If you order more than one thing at the same time they are bundled together. Say you order 3 things, if one is out of stock none will be shipped til they get it back into stock. Unlike play and cdwow.

Best thing to do is to order each DVD seperate. There is free shipping with them now too. I havent had any problems with shipping from them (in fact they have been scarily quick for me, took 2 days to get Animatrix from Canada). Their prices are just crazy, ordered the collecters edition of Finding Nemo for €13 last week. Have the 9 disk Alien Quadroligy on order for €43.

Just noticed they are now partially shipping all items for free now also.

And to top things off here is a link to some money off coupons :

https://www.dvdsoon.com/coupons.xml

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah I have ordered them individually after finding that out. Just thought it would be a good idea to let others know.
    I want the Alien Quadroligy boxset. Price seems to be hopping up and down a bit at the moment. I think it's currently $98.98 it was $93.98 for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

the site to use is

dvdpricecheck

it will give you the cheapest price in uk sterling and u can convert it at

Currency Convertor

tks

Neonitrix

Advertisement