Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs Manchester United 16/12 - Sky Sports 16:00 **See OP for mod warnings**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Have a feeling United will nick this by a goal. As much as I want Mourinho gone, this is the type of occasion we've seen him produce big results in the past, with an unfancied team against an in-form side.

Would be a bittersweet victory though as it would likely buy him more time to continue this clown show of a season. Would be typical of United to produce a big result at Anfield and then follow it up by dropping points at Cardiff. Nothing surprises me at this stage. Main thing I'm looking forward to is seeing Keano on punditry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭limnam

MaceFace wrote: »

He only knows one way.

Yep, Porto,Chelsea,Inter,Madrid,united.

Identical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,070 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Hoping for a United win, expecting a comfortable Liverpool win.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

I'm so excited I can hardly sleep...a shock win and Wolves, West Ham, Bournemouth, Everton, Watford, even Brighton are going to really lose ground in that race for 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,344 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'm so excited I can hardly sleep...a shock win and Wolves, West Ham, Bournemouth, Everton, Watford, even Brighton are going to really lose ground in that race for 6th.

Is that a shock win for the team that haven't won a league game against their opponents in 3 years or whatever? Probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Well whatever happens I’ll be keeping well away from this predictable poisonous thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the victors get to write history, no-one else will care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Draw is only result id put money on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Draw is only result id put money on

Haven't been hyped For a game in so long. Keane on the panel will be great too. The worst united side in 6 years against the best Pool side since the 80s. This is gonna be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭limnam

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Haven't been hyped For a game in so long. Keane on the panel will be great too. The worst united side in 6 years against the best Pool side since the 80s. This is gonna be good.

Lovern has been in a world cup final and the best liverpool team since the 80's?

Must give every footballer on the planet some hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Well whatever happens I’ll be keeping well away from this predictable poisonous thread.
    I hope a mod or 4 have cancelled any plans they had for this afternoon, as they'll be busy watching here later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Liverpool should be beating them and well but it's Mourinho, he'll make it ugly and slow Liverpool down.
    Prediction is a draw.

Saying that though an early goal for Liverpool, it could be a long afternoon for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

A draw, a boring scoreless draw!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭Quandary

2-0 Liverpool win.

One club is a rising star, the other is collapsing into a footballing black hole. Anything less than a Liverpool win will be a disappointing result for them

I think that in the unlikely event Utd can bumble their way to a scrappy, somewhat fortunate victory then for some Utd fans it will be bittersweet because it will be prolonging the current failing regime.

I think an early Liverpool goal and it will be all over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's be a Mourinho ****show special. A terrible game in which humanity loses more than either team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It's be a Mourinho ****show special. A terrible game in which humanity loses more than either team.

Glasshouses and stones springs to mind.

How about it could be a game of football with two different managers set up in two different ways to try get the best result for there team. United are massive underdogs and rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

In what way do glasshouses and stones spring to mind?

In what way do glasshouses and stones spring to mind?

we don't want to derail thread it's about today's game

Any score predictions from yourself? I reckon 2-0 home win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Depending on how serious injuries are and who us out for Liverpool might give United some glimmer of hope.

It be great for United to put in a United display though and show some balls for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

I'll be very disappointed if Liverpool don't win but have a feeling it'll be a draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Depending on how serious injuries are and who us out for Liverpool might give United some glimmer of hope.

It be great for United to put in a United display though and show some balls for once.

Hasn't the typical United performance this season been poor in the first half and then up their game once they fall behind?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Hasn't the typical United performance this season been poor in the first half and then up their game once they fall behind?

Or just poor all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

TitianGerm wrote: »

In a few games yes, generally it's been all over the shop and thing is nobody knows what is going on.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Or just poor all game.

Most of the United games I've seen this season they've been much better in the second half. It's like two different teams some days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,269 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭tinpib

Made sure to get stuff done in time for 12:30pm, don't think I've ever rushed back home to tune into Sky Sports coverage an hour before kick off. Hope the nerves don't get to Roy and he clams up alongside Jamie and Graeme :pac:

tinpib wrote: »
    Made sure to get stuff done in time for 12:30pm, don't think I've ever rushed back home to tune into Sky Sports coverage an hour before kick off. Hope the nerves don't get to Roy and he clams up alongside Jamie and Graeme :pac:

The game isn't on until 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

blueser wrote: »
    I hope a mod or 4 have cancelled any plans they had for this afternoon, as they'll be busy watching here later on.

I'm going out. :p

Quite fast.

A draw, a boring scoreless draw!
    Going on most of the recent clashes between these two, that's a good call. They've served up some real sh1te in the last couple of seasons. Here's hoping today is different. Much as a utd win would be a fantastic result for City, I just can't wish for utd to win. I'll settle for an entertaining (2-2 or higher!) draw. And the best of luck to the mods for later on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,503 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I cannot see an easy three points.

Utd will be compact and will be up for it.

Any win, please god. Want the pressure on City to last more than a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Nice goal by mikhitaryan, header from a good distance out, glad we are not playing against him today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,343 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

1-0 to United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,481 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

1-0 to United

Pfft, more like 5-0 to Liverpool.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Would love a Liverpool win but it's hard to know what United will show up. Liverpool expected to win but it wouldn't surprise me to see United sneak a winner

°°°°°

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Would love a Liverpool win but it's hard to know what United will show up. Liverpool expected to win but it wouldn't surprise me to see United sneak a winner

A month ago this would have been valid, we've spent the last few weeks not performing to any type of a level. Lukaku has spent the last few weeks working his way through a book of vouchers for domino's pizza. This will most likely be an embarrassing defeat for United.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

2-0 to Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,887 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Graeme & Roy in the studio could be more exciting than this game.

• Advertisement

Sky hyping the game to ridiculous extremes. Nothing new there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,557 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jaysus remember Red Monday

That was truly awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

"but I had heard that during the week that they have no defenders, but they found a few obviously - all on the pitch :pac: "

Fighting talk from Klopp :D

astradave wrote: »
    Jaysus remember Red Monday

That was truly awful
    It was truly a horrendous game. I've had more exciting diarrhoea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭eigrod

What do you expect ? The 2 most successful clubs in the country by an absolute distance, the 2 biggest supported clubs, North West rivalry, Liverpool challenging for a change, Man Utd not challenging for a change - the 2 games each season have been the biggest games of every season for the last 50 odd years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

eigrod wrote: »
    What do you expect ? The 2 most successful clubs in the country by an absolute distance, the 2 biggest supported clubs, North West rivalry, Liverpool challenging for a change, Man Utd not challenging for a change - the 2 games each season have been the biggest games of every season for the last 50 odd years.

:D:D

The Sky effect............

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

It was truly a horrendous game. I've had more exciting diarrhoea!

A dose on the sh1ts would have more runs in it than Lukaku at least.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Complaining about a game being hyped that even Boards opened a thread about 3 days ago?

Why wouldn't they hype one of the biggest games of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭tinpib

Smalling out, Bailly in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

murpho999 wrote: »
    Complaining about a game being hyped that even Boards opened a thread about 3 days ago?

Why wouldn't they hype one of the biggest games of the season?

Because it's always trash.

Because it's always trash.
    Is the correct answer. "Big", it may well be. "Good", in recent seasons, generally, no.

• Advertisement
Advertisement