Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool are like the grim reaper for under-performing managers.

Jokanovic, AVB, Roberto Martinez, Bilic, Guidolin, Mourinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Cheers,
    Yes, I'm working in London so flying him over and planning to take him. I'm not a pool fan but he's a fanatic (Mothers influence, that and I would not subject him to supporting my chosen team!!!!)

I would prefer the away end as I'd like to see him express himself!!! Cheers for the reply.

AA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Salah couldn't be more obvious. Christ, they need to sort out that Egyptian FA stuff asap.

Caption is:
    Reporting for National Team duty...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqKB4_0jJ_3/

:D He feels like I do about the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I thought the same when I saw that post! Couldn't be more obvious.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Betting shouldn't be outlawed.

However, it's a luxury and should be taxed heavily. At least 10% imo. They get away with tiny tax tbh.

Who gets away with tiny tax?
    The bookies have over a 10% gross margin so anyone having a bet is essentially 10% down before the event starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Liverpool are going to bid £85M for Dembele in January according to the daily mail. This is the kind of thing they leak to the press before they sell one of our better players to Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,905 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Liverpool are going to bid £85M for Dembele in January according to the daily mail. This is the kind of thing they leak to the press before they sell one of our better players to Spain.

Pearce said this morning they won’t be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Bye Alberto Moreno so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Klopp will not and is not interested in buying Dembele.....he knows the lad is trouble. I can quote someone in Dortmund who was close to Klopp during his time there....."Dembele might be a good player, however Klopp doesnt need that kind of cancer in his squad. Dont forget Klopp is still best good friends with Watzke and Zorc in Dortmund and has the full insight into what went on in Dortmund and he knows how Dembele left the house he was renting during his time in Dortmund."

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dembele was a kid at Dortmund. Barca would be keeping a tight reign on him as well and he would have matured a bit by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Dembele was a kid at Dortmund. Barca would be keeping a tight reign on him as well and he would have matured a bit by now.

He didn't show up for training recently with no explanation. I don't think he's changed that much in a year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lots of reports he is showing up late to training & team meetings.

Left out of the squad last week to.

Quotes from Pique
    Pique has since stated that being dropped from the matchday team will hopefully get the message across to Dembele that he needs to be more disciplined.

"We were also young and we have also committed mistakes," the Spaniard said, according to Reuters.

"From experience, we have to help him to understand that football is a 24-hour job and he has to live accordingly.

"I'm convinced that he's going to improve in this respect and that decisions like the one the coach took will help him."

I think half the people who want him don't actually see his performances for Barca.
    He has had some good moments but mostly been very poor & his decision making is shocking losses the ball so often.

Dembele is a kid who got elevated beyond his level by a desperate Barcelona. In a few years under the right conditions he should be a good reliable player.

The problem is not the player alone....but the people who are around him. He hasnt changed nor will he because he believes he is above everything and everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

The same was talked about Shaqiri and his laziness before he signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

Is Dembele just another version of Balotelli? A potentially brilliant footballer, with a serious attitude problem?

Luap wrote: »

No Klopp tried to sign Shaqiri a few times and failed. Tried to get him twice when he was in Dortmund and tried twice when he was at Stoke.

Luap wrote: »

Shaqiri cost us 12m.

Dembele cost Barca about 140m. Barca would want 80m for him. I wouldn't be paying anywhere near that for him.
    Dortmund sold Dembele for 140m & got Alcacer on loan with a 30m option a year later. Has to be one the best deals in the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

MD1990 wrote: »
    Shaqiri cost us 12m.

Dembele cost Barca about 140m. Barca would want 80m for him. I wouldn't be paying anywhere near that for him.

We're going to continually be linked with their players though because they are still paying us for Phil Coutinho in installments. If they can offset what they owe us with players it helps them and if we're actually interested in someone we could use that as leverage....but I feel it's just a way of lazily linking us to players.

If their number 9 wants a move back to the PL however....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

8-10 wrote: »
    We're going to continually be linked with their players though because they are still paying us for Phil Coutinho in installments. If they can offset what they owe us with players it helps them and if we're actually interested in someone we could use that as leverage....but I feel it's just a way of lazily linking us to players.

If their number 9 wants a move back to the PL however....

Hehe, I imagine we'd see an "all guns blazing" Bobby pretty sharpish if that were to happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

It's fantasy FIFA stuff but shoehorning Luis into the Liverpool first 11 (wouldn't work but...) has me drooling at the thoughts of it!

On the subject of 'overrated' young wide men Pulisic is in the guardian who are linking him with Chelsea first and foremost.

On the subject of 'overrated' young wide men Pulisic is in the guardian who are linking him with Chelsea first and foremost.

Klopp said during the summer he didn't see the value in the 85 mill price tag Dortmund were putting on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Klopp said during the summer he didn't see the value in the 85 mill price tag Dortmund were putting on him.

I could see why Pulisic may want to go as Sancho has taken his place in the team now :p

He is out of contract in 2020 so next summer would be "relatively" cheap, probably get him for 40-50 million. That said I'd prefer to give Harry Wilson a chance :) and spend money on a good backup stopper and more full backs (Moreno and Clyne will go).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

He is out of contract in 2020 so next summer would be "relatively" cheap, probably get him for 40-50 million. That said I'd prefer to give Harry Wilson a chance :) and spend money on a good backup stopper and more full backs (Moreno and Clyne will go).

Harry Wilson who is in and out of the team at Derby and only highlights have been free kicks,
    He will be 22 by the start of next season , He will never play an official game for Liverpool ,
    T
    his is Liverpool 2018 look at the match days squads with Ox still to come back, not under Roy Hodgson , people like Wilson aren't getting near our match day squads I'm afraid,

Midfeild / wide options are Milner, Ox, Hendo, Lallana, Fab, Keita, Mane , Shaq , Salah,Wini , where in the world is Wilson getting a look in ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

I reckon we'll find it very hard to get in a good keeper when/if Mig goes. The club broke the world record for Alisson. I doubt the club will spend more than €10m on another keeper. Who is under 34/35 and in their right mind would sign for us knowing their gonna be second choice. Alisson would need to have a very poor run of 10/12 games for anyone decent to be willing to come in and challenge him.
    Chelsea and United would be in the same boat.

Mig won't stay, why would he? Someone will need to come in.

Harry Wilson who is in and out of the team at Derby and only highlights have been free kicks,
    He will be 22 by the start of next season , He will never play an official game for Liverpool ,
    T
    his is Liverpool 2018 look at the match days squads with Ox still to come back, not under Roy Hodgson , people like Wilson aren't getting near our match day squads I'm afraid,

Midfeild / wide options are Milner, Ox, Hendo, Lallana, Fab, Keita, Mane , Shaq , Salah, Wini , where in the world is Wilson getting a look in ?

Will both be gone next summer along with Mig, Moreno, Sturridge. Fab is a flop according to you so he may also be gone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

.red. wrote: »
    I reckon we'll find it very hard to get in a good keeper when/if Mig goes. The club broke the world record for Alisson. I doubt the club will spend more than €10m on another keeper. Who is under 34/35 and in their right mind would sign for us knowing their gonna be second choice. Alisson would need to have a very poor run of 10/12 games for anyone decent to be willing to come in and challenge him.

I'd love to see Kelleher given a shot as backup. It would definitely be difficult to persuade any keeper at the level we require to come join us and sit on the bench in the hope Alisson has a few bad games.

Would love to see us go for Jose Reina as backup

.red. wrote: »

I'd take Heaton from Burnley at 32 can still do a decent job if and when called on from the bench and won't get in the way of the development of Kelleher & Grabara.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

8-10 wrote: »
    Would love to see us go for Jose Reina as backup

Shouldn't have replaced Pepe to begin with.

I'm not really convinced of the reasons that surrounded his departure but I remember being fairly disappointed that Mignolet was his replacement.

Ranieri wants to sign Matip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Shouldn't have replaced Pepe to begin with.

I'm not really convinced of the reasons that surrounded his departure but I remember being fairly disappointed that Mignolet was his replacement.

He was replaced because he was repeatedly making mistakes that cost us points. The same thing people wanted Mignolet and Karius replaced for.

I also doubt ‘The Rodgers’ was a fan of his clown persona in the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It was about 6 years after I started supporting Liverpool I realised we had a reserve keeper. Different times I guess.

It was about 6 years after I started supporting Liverpool I realised we had a reserve keeper. Different times I guess.

Good ol Mike Hooper in the late 80's!

But this is a good point. The last few seasons saw a number of teams trying to do a rotation on having two keepers who are supposed to be equal.

I blame Barcelona for starting this with having Ter Stegen as their Europe and cup keeper and having Bravo as their league keeper.

Keepers generally do not suffer long term injury in a season and is a position that they should not suffer fatigue from like the outfield players.

Allison should start every league and European game for us. The reserve keeper just needs to be competent enough to be able to cover should Allison get injured for a few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Never been a fan of rotating keepers, do goalkeepers ever even get fatigue-based injuries? Not like they're gonna pull a hamstring from playing too many games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ranieri wants to sign Matip.

He hasn't really pushed on since his first season, unfortunately. Injury set him back and I'm just not comfortable with him when he plays.

Just not quite aggressive or decisive enough where it matters. I'd have preferred if we kept Klavan, but he was itching for more game time apparently.

Another PL club signing one of our players is a minimum 20m though, you'd think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Turtyturd wrote: »
    He was replaced because he was repeatedly making mistakes that cost us points. The same thing people wanted Mignolet and Karius replaced for.

I also doubt ‘The Rodgers’ was a fan of his clown persona in the dressing room.

Reina is a far superior goalie compared to those two, yes he made mistakes but don't they all.
    The difference is how they react and just get on with rather than dwell. The other two seemed broken and couldn't cope with the large expectation that goes with playing for such a big club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Good news lads, my young fella got Salah and Firmino in the same packet of Match Attax yesterday.

#OurYear

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

46362769_10156693731806132_3558883663233941504_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=4696af68ce413742d1656580509f5bfd&oe=5C809DCE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Never been a fan of rotating keepers, do goalkeepers ever even get fatigue-based injuries? Not like they're gonna pull a hamstring from playing too many games.

Rotating keepers is a stupid idea, they would have their backs to the play 50% of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

46362769_10156693731806132_3558883663233941504_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=4696af68ce413742d1656580509f5bfd&oe=5C809DCE

Is that available for purchase?

EDIT: just realised it's Adidas, so not through official site anyways.

• Advertisement

Just seen the snap and though Salah looks great in the old school gear :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

BREAKING: VAR has been voted through by Premier League clubs and will be introduced for the start of next season

Might get some Pens now at least

FitzShane wrote: »
    Is that available for purchase?

I used to have it back in the day. Wonder if it's still in a drawer somewhere.

MD1990 wrote: »

"initial" sum is encouraging too - fair play to them

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement