Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭148multi

Muckit wrote: »
    4yo sitting up on the loo. I get a call to wipe his bum, as u do.
    "My poo smells like slurry!!"says he.
    "That's because your a farmer son!" I say.

You should have seen the proud smiley head on him!

A pretty tough morning here, but by god that made me smile

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Sitting here wondering who will be the first lad/lassie on boards with an electric tractor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

MeTheMan wrote: »
    Sitting here wondering who will be the first lad/lassie on boards with an electric tractor!

Reggie.... who else....?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,124 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

MeTheMan wrote: »

Probably loads if you count those mini toy John Deeres. :)

Ah electric is a dead end for tractors. Unless you count hybrid diesel engines.

Methane seems to be the most promising. Albeit the most likely to be opposed by government based on lost fuel tax revenue and fossil fuel lobbyists.

Cnh tractor.
    https://youtu.be/M_3xM3jDgOk

Volvo lorry.
    https://youtu.be/kAjQIbG330M

Peugeot rocket.
    https://youtu.be/rYvHGSeDQFU

Cnh loader.
    https://youtu.be/iR2W7LDSR8A

Latvian train.
    https://youtu.be/tmsVxvA94w0

Scania bus.
    https://youtu.be/mxLNQKo7DTM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,124 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Odelay wrote: »
    Sand

Scania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,143 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

On the subject of dogs did anyone read about the 2 pit bulls attacking another dog on Dollymount beach yesterday. That could easily have been a child attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

There was an old farmer attacked by some bred of pit bull in Cavan last week,
    https://www.anglocelt.ie/news/roundup/articles/2019/06/12/4175419-pensioner-aiflifted-after-attacked-by-dog/
    he got a bad doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I had to put down ''misty'' on Monday, 16 years old and like that a faithful friend.
    I don't know how anyone works sheep without a dog

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Anto_Meath wrote: »
    There was an old farmer attacked by some bred of pit bull in Cavan last week,
    https://www.anglocelt.ie/news/roundup/articles/2019/06/12/4175419-pensioner-aiflifted-after-attacked-by-dog/
    he got a bad doing.
    Must have been a tough scene for the postwoman to come across. I hear he may loose an arm as a result of the attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

There's a new guy on the same bog as ourselves. Had 4 alpacas but lost one to a dog attack one night last week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

_Brian wrote: »
    Must have been a tough scene for the postwoman to come across. I hear he may loose an arm as a result of the attack.
    Must have been, she was a brave woman as an out of control dog like that could have turned on her too. At the poor mans age it will be a hard recovery on him. I did here the initial fear was that he would loose his arm but I think the hospital may have managed to save it, it marvelous what some hospital can do in situations like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

There's a new guy on the same bog as ourselves. Had 4 alpacas but lost one to a dog attack one night last week :(

And they're meant to be good at defending against dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

ganmo wrote: »
    And they're meant to be good at defending against dogs

Dunno if the dog was found or what the story is but would take a strong dog to kill one alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Quick one, if u bring a vechicle for DOE and it passes, do the crowd that inspect issue the DOE disc that day or does it come in post?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Muckit wrote: »
    Quick one, if u bring a vechicle for DOE and it passes, do the crowd that inspect issue the DOE disc that day or does it come in post?

Comes in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Parishlad wrote: »
    Comes in the post.

Tks!

New phone today. Was fixing the tyres on the silage pit this morning and phone smashed on the ground on empty silage pit floor next door. Glad it wasn't me who fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

whelan2 wrote: »
    New phone today. Was fixing the tyres on the silage pit this morning and phone smashed on the ground on empty silage pit floor next door. Glad it wasn't me who fell.
    Where’s that poll gone??
    Lol would have given you a fright thou so at least it was just the phone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

We'll have to report you to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Phones:D

• Advertisement

We'll have to report you to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Phones:D

Got 6 months out if that phone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Got 6 months out if that phone

I got a caterpillar phone for father's day. It's built like a brick sh1thouse and is nearly as heavy. PM me if you want it, only trouble is you'll have to wear braces to keep the jeans up:o

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

wrangler wrote: »
    I had to put down ''misty'' on Monday, 16 years old and like that a faithful friend.
    I don't know how anyone works sheep without a dog

Sorry about that. U do miss them when they go. And always hard to replace some.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Ard_MC wrote: »
    Sorry about that. U do miss them when they go. And always hard to replace some.

She was a very good dog, but went deaf very young due to something genetic, She was taught to hand signals then so she'd work well even up to 500 yards away provided she could see you.
    At least she'd always be watching for direction and most work would be repetitive so she worked away

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

wrangler wrote: »
    She was a very good dog, but went deaf very young due to something genetic, She was taught to hand signals then so she'd work well even up to 500 yards away provided she could see you.
    At least she'd always be watching for direction and most work would be repetitive so she worked away

The old JRT here had gone deaf and blind for the last three years and sadly had him put down in April. His companion sadly went as well as his backend had gone. Both missed. Haven't replaced either tbh.

Has a bat flying around our bedroom at 2am. The joys of an old house. Have a kids fishing net. Oh caught it in that and put it out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Not just in an old house, we have at least one family in the attic; they have access through the air vents in the gable ends. They are harmless; once or twice one has flown around the living room when the trapdoor was left open. Watch out for infant bats on the footpath in July, who fail to get air borne. Just return them to the attic before the cat gets them.

Here is one for the children, fledermaus, or a flying mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Suckler

Looking for a 20ft shipping container or two for safe storage. Anyone bought these recently? I have no experience in them - do I have to organise delivery and cranage etc. of just prep a base and they do it all?

Saw a great job when two were placed apart and a roof built between them to form a handy workspace in between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Suckler wrote: »
    Looking for a 20ft shipping container or two for safe storage. Anyone bought these recently? I have no experience in them - do I have to organise delivery and cranage etc. of just prep a base and they do it all?

Saw a great job when two were placed apart and a roof built between them to form a handy workspace in between them.

Have a small one here. 15ft maybe. More of a site office sort of yoke. 8ft work bench along one end and then shelves and an L shaped bench along
    The rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Have a small one here. 15ft maybe. More of a site office sort of yoke. 8ft work bench along one end and then shelves and an L shaped bench along
    The rest.

I bought a 40ft when we were building.
    Needs a bit of repair but serious storage space.

It’s been on loan at another site for last two years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement