Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC On Field Gossip & Rumour Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

900 I believe, but I'm sure the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen regularly get a few 100 more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Had the last derby of the season been at ibrox, would it have sold out given the likelihood of a pumping?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Done deal Katic signs

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/rangers-sign-nikola-katic/

RANGERS Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of 21-year-old Croatian defender Nikola Katić from Slaven Belupo on a four-year deal.

The 6ft 4in former Under-21 internationalist is highly rated in his homeland and was capped for the first time by Croatia’s senior side in a friendly against Mexico in May 2017.

A towering centre-half born in Ljubuški, Katić started his football career at HNK Stolac in Bosnia and Herzegovina before moving to Neretvanac in Opuzen, Croatia, in 2014.

In February 2016 he joined Slaven Belupo in the northern city of Koprivnica, a club that finished seventh in the Croatian First Football League in 2017/18.

Katić made 34 appearances last season and for several games took on the responsibility of being captain in the absence of the experienced Vedrun Purić.

After signing his four-year contract at Ibrox today Nikola becomes the fourth Croatian to play for Rangers, following in the footsteps of Dado Pršo, Nikica Jelavić and Niko Kranjčar.

Jon Flanagan due to have a medical with us. Not sure how I feel about this one. His off field problem could be to much baggage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Jon Flanagan due to have a medical with us. Not sure how I feel about this one. His off field problem could be to much baggage

On the field he has loads of talent without doubt. I share your concerns about his off the field antics. I'm just hoping that Gerrard has a good relationship with him off the pitch, from his Liverpool days and he can provide guidance to him. The move away from Liverpool and the NW of England might be exactly what he needs to kick start his career.

Sad news that the penalty king Johnny Hubbard (87) passed away today.
    I saw him play when I was a very young boy though I dong remember it but my dad talked about him all the time. I did have the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times and he was a real gent.

R.I.P. Johnny Hubbard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Didn't learn your lesson after the Joey Barton debacle?

Think this is a wee bit different but hey ho

• Advertisement

Think this is a wee bit different but hey ho

For what it's worth, I was a bit worried that Barton was going to be a success for ye :o

In fairness, Flanagan seemed a decent prospect, and could well be a good signing. I suppose it's a small example of Gerrard using his contacts to be able to bring players to Rangers who might not otherwise have signed.

Obviously though, I hope this signing proves to be a disaster :D

For what it's worth, I was a bit worried that Barton was going to be a success for ye :o

In fairness, Flanagan seemed a decent prospect, and could well be a good signing. I suppose it's a small example of Gerrard using his contacts to be able to bring players to Rangers who might not otherwise have signed.

Obviously though, I hope this signing proves to be a disaster :D

I wouldn’t expect anything else :P

I have my concerns about him as I say but if he can back to anywhere near where he was he should be a good one. I will say that I am pleased the way Stevie G is looking to tighten our defence so far

Flanagan is a 25 year old looking to kick-start his career. He is joining the club on the back of Gerrard taking over. Barton joined us in the hope of the squeezing another few years out of his footballing career. Totally different situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Berserker wrote: »
    Flanagan is a 25 year old looking to kick-start his career. He is joining the club on the back of Gerrard taking over. Barton joined us in the hope of the squeezing another few years out of his footballing career. Totally different situation.

Flanaghan is done. 25yo with 51 first team appearances. He'll be lucky to add another 51. The long term injury he had has ruined him.

Flanaghan is done. 25yo with 51 first team appearances. He'll be lucky to add another 51. The long term injury he had has ruined him.

Ok think we might take SG’s take on him over a Celtic fan thanks. We all know there’s a risk

Ok think we might take SG’s take on him over a Celtic fan thanks. We all know there’s a risk

It was my view when he was a Liverpool player too. Nothing to do with him signing for you. Appearances under Klopp (who's actually managed before): 0

It was my view when he was a Liverpool player too. Nothing to do with him signing for you. Appearances under Klopp (who's actually managed before): 0

Yup he has had his problems and by your take he must be the only player in the world that for whatever reason his manager didn’t rate. He is now getting a chance to show his worth

Yup he has had his problems and by your take he must be the only player in the world that for whatever reason his manager didn’t rate. He is now getting a chance to show his worth

His worth is £0. The exact amount Rangers paid for him.

His worth is £0. The exact amount Rangers paid for him.

Right you are. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Really nailing the colours to the mast with the new orange shirt. Says it all about what Rangers are

Celtic fans seem to have no issue with the Irish flag being flown over Celtic Park regularly despite it being green, white and orange to symbolically represent the Catholic and Protestant communities in Ireland – which bizarrely enough is the same reasoning Celtic fans use to oppose the Gers wearing orange.

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Celtic fans seem to have no issue with the Irish flag being flown over Celtic Park regularly despite it being green, white and orange to symbolically represent the Catholic and Protestant communities in Ireland – which bizarrely enough is the same reasoning Celtic fans use to oppose the Gers wearing orange.

If Anyone gets offended about the colour of a top it says more about them

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Really nailing the colours to the mast with the new orange shirt. Says it all about what Rangers are

This must be a joke.

Same colour as 1/3rd of the Irish flag.

Sorry that you're upset about it :(

Jelle1880 wrote: »

I guess all the sectarian marches today are representing 1/3 of the Irish too?? Try turning up to one of them wearing the first 1/3 of an Irish flag. See how long you last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

It's pathetic. Pandering to the lowest of the low of their support.

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

In fairness the Rangers away kit is white, so they have used 2/3 of the Irish flag this season in their kits.

Celtic usually use 2/3 of the Irish flag in their kits, albeit using the other end of the flag.

It has proven successful for Celtic in recent years, maybe Rangers think there's something in it!:D Either that or it's an homage to Cote d'Ivoire!

In fairness the Rangers away kit is white, so they have used 2/3 of the Irish flag this season in their kits.

Celtic usually use 2/3 of the Irish flag in their kits, albeit using the other end of the flag.

It has proven successful for Celtic in recent years, maybe Rangers think there's something in it!:D Either that or it's an homage to Cote d'Ivoire!

Also in fairness maybe it’s just a reminder to all those Celtic fans that the flag is Green white and Orange and not Green white and Gold as many of them like to sing about :)

Seriously I will go with the point I made earlier if people are offended over that top that’s their problem

Also in fairness maybe it’s just a reminder to all those Celtic fans that the flag is Green white and Orange and not Green white and Gold as many of them like to sing about :)

Seriously I will go with the point I made earlier if people are offended over that top that’s their problem

Who's offended? I just think it's actually pathetic and pandering to the extremists in your support.

Who's offended? I just think it's actually pathetic and pandering to the extremists in your support.

Then don't buy one. ;)

• Advertisement

Then don't buy one. ;)

Big Mike has seen to it that no one can.

I really don't care if Rangers wear orange jerseys. The majority of their supporters support the Orange Order, so I'm sure that financial considerations were a major part of this decision.

I'd love it if Celtic introduced a small bit of orange trimming on our kits :)

Then don't buy one. ;)

Ill try and resist. I cant see too many on sale in Mayo anyway:)

I really don't care if Rangers wear orange jerseys. The majority of their supporters support the Orange Order, so I'm sure that financial considerations were a major part of this decision.

I'd love it if Celtic introduced a small bit of orange trimming on our kits :)

You know that’s a fallacy most of our supporters have nothing to do with the OO. They may sing the songs but they certainly are not members. A certain amount may be in bands but then you don’t need to be in the OO to play in an orange band

You know that’s a fallacy most of our supporters have nothing to do with the OO. They may sing the songs but they certainly are not members. A certain amount may be in bands but then you don’t need to be in the OO to play in an orange band

Maybe not actual members, but it would be fair to say "fellow travellers".

Maybe not actual members, but it would be fair to say "fellow travellers".

Really that is nonsense that’s like saying every ticfan who sings rebel songs supports the ra. Many would be loyal to the crown that’s their political beliefs but again I know many who are supporters of independence. This thing of trying to pidgeon hole all fans is utter rubbish. I bet even among the few Bears on here there are vast differences.

I'm not suggesting that EVERY Rangers fan is a rabid member of the Orange Order at all. There will be a fair number who are members, and many more who would be supporters, and perhaps the majority probably don't care. Like you say, it's an easy comparison with the Celtic supporters and Republicanism.

I don't know enough Rangers fans to give an honest opinion but when I see them on telly there seem to be a large number of Union flags with "Loyal Wherever" on them, which I associate with the Orange lodges (maybe I'm wrong here).

Anyway, I don't have a problem with Rangers wearing orange jerseys - it seems very apt to me :)

I'm not suggesting that EVERY Rangers fan is a rabid member of the Orange Order at all. There will be a fair number who are members, and many more who would be supporters, and perhaps the majority probably don't care. Like you say, it's an easy comparison with the Celtic supporters and Republicanism.

I don't know enough Rangers fans to give an honest opinion but when I see them on telly there seem to be a large number of Union flags with "Loyal Wherever" on them, which I associate with the Orange lodges (maybe I'm wrong here).

Anyway, I don't have a problem with Rangers wearing orange jerseys - it seems very apt to me :)

Big difference in believing in the union and being a member of the OO. Oh I get where you are coming from I will say that one if my closest friends is in the OO in Scotland and we have differences opinion as you may imagine but we get in well and both families get on

Team for tonight versus FK Shkupi

RANGERS: McGregor, Tavernier, Katic, Goldson, Flanagan, McCrorie, Arfield, Candeias, Murphy, Windass, Morelos.

SUBS: Alnwick, John, Jack, Docherty, Halliday, Ejaria, Middleton.

Love the new Hummel shirt!

• Advertisement

FT 2-0. Got the win which is the most important thing. Should make our job over there much easier. Not sure about the penalty decision, if i'm honest.

Berserker wrote: »
    FT 2-0. Got the win which is the most important thing. Should make our job over there much easier. Not sure about the penalty decision, if i'm honest.

It was probably soft but made up for the earlier one which was a definite other than Alfredo decided to swan dive

Team news

RANGERS: McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Flanagan, McCrorie, Jack, Candeias, Windass, Murphy, Morelos.

SUBS: Alnwick, Halliday, Docherty, Middleton, Ejaria, Bradley, Rudden.

I see Declan John is not in the bench other than that just the expected Jack in place of the injured Arfield

Remember this is a 4:55 Kick off folks

Very comfortable in defence but attacking we desperately need to improve. Morelos was a disgrace with the chances he missed, I like him but I can't see him get better. Just doesn't have the striker mentality we need, often goes into a bad mood when he misses too much.

Can't wait for Sadiq to be registered.

Apparently we are in for Kean Bryan, a Manchester City 19 year old CB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Apparently we are in for Kean Bryan, a Manchester City 19 year old CB.

Manchester Media now saying it’ll be a 3 year deal. Good coup by Gerrard, few championship clubs interested also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

What do you reckon tonight guys? Important for Scottish Football that ye win. Hopefully Hibs and Aberdeen aswell.

Score draw I think, finish the job at Ibrox.

Think a lot of Rangers fans are getting ahead of themselves. This will be a tough game. I’ve seen lots talking about Maribor already. Wouldn’t be surprised if Osiejek (sic) win tonight.

• Advertisement

Confirmed team for tonight

RANGERS: McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Flanagan, Coulibaly, Ejaria, Jack, Murphy, Kent, Morelos.

SUBS: Alnwick, McCrorie, Halliday, Docherty, Windass, Candeias, Middleton.

Advertisement