Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

peteeeed wrote: »
    not all bad news so :)

Ya, the back 3 should be Azp Christensen Rudiger for the rest of the year.

Tbo has more clean sheets than any other GK in the league so were not being let down back there, its the other end is the issue. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Its grand when it works, but when it goes to pot, it looks an utter shambles.

I'd welcome Rafa back faster than I would Andy Carroll. :o

No just no

Ya, the back 3 should be Azp Christensen Rudiger for the rest of the year.

Tbo has more clean sheets than any other GK in the league so were not being let down back there, its the other end is the issue. :o

The link between midfield and strikers is too wide thats why we are toothless and why we are keeping cleansheets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind Andy Carroll? :o

Wouldn't mind a freak plan B option at all and at least he would get involved in the game one way or another, more than Michy does most of the time -_-

No just no

Keep it up and it will be Andy Carroll starting away to Liverpool with Rafa in the Chelsea dugout. :P

• Advertisement

The link between midfield and strikers is too wide thats why we are toothless and why we are keeping cleansheets

Ya, theres not enoug support for Morata or Hazard, in the 3-4-3, there was always 3 players up and support offered by the WBs.

Moses has gone back to the player he was before he started RWB for us ala, a useless f**k.

Zappa is at least direct, Alonso has played some serious amount of games for us and hes slower than a wet week, he needs some senior cover/competition because Kenedy wont styart at LWB for us if Alonso goes down injured for a few weeks.

Whats frustrating is that in the 352, there should be 1 spare CM breaking the lines and offering support, Bakayoko is better at it than Drinkwater but both arent exactly gifted with goals in their locker, if we keep 352, Barkley would slot in nicely, you'd hope. :o

hots wrote: »
    Am I the only one who wouldn't mind Andy Carroll? :o

Wouldn't mind a freak plan B option at all and at least he would get involved in the game one way or another, more than Michy does most of the time -_-

I'd say youre alone on that one bud. :o

Costa wasnt brilliant in build up play, not compared to Morata but going from Morata to Carroll would be like Jose relying on Fellaini, its something I hope we avoid like the plague.

Never heard of this blog before

https://footballeconomyv2.blogspot.ie/2018/01/chelsea-become-self-sustaining.html

I must admit cannot be bothered to check but if it is true we have made a £285m profit on buying and selling players since 2010 it is little wonder we are going backwards.

I'd say youre alone on that one bud. :o

Costa wasnt brilliant in build up play, not compared to Morata but going from Morata to Carroll would be like Jose relying on Fellaini, its something I hope we avoid like the plague.

Why not throw Hudson-Odoi in against Norwich he really cannot do any worse

Why not throw Hudson-Odoi in against Norwich he really cannot do any worse

I didnt mention him because I think the Dev squad have a game on Wednesday night. Musonda and Ampadu might not even feature for us in that replay either because of that game.

I hope Tony rings the changes though, the seniors could do with a game off, even if they havent earned it.

• Advertisement

If we're going for a big target man, we'd be better off getting in Charlie Austin.

I didnt mention him because I think the Dev squad have a game on Wednesday night. Musonda and Ampadu might not even feature for us in that replay either because of that game.

I hope Tony rings the changes though, the seniors could do with a game off, even if they havent earned it.

Might be better off throwing Morata, Hazard, Pedro, Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Willian into the development squad.

Might be better off throwing Morata, Hazard, Pedro, Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Willian into the development squad.

Willian hasnt been that bad recently and I'm usually his biggest critic but ya, hes useless, off with him to the U23s to play in the Checktrade Trophy.

The council have backed Chelsea on the stadium and right to light issue.

The family can still go down further legal routes but right now, the injunction has been lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lukker- wrote: »
    Well that's it really. You can even tell Conte is pissed about not going for Sanchez. We will probably make a token bid for him once his deal is agreed with whoever he ends up with. Typical Chels

I don't mean to toot my own horn but:

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/953011408215691264

Posted in the transfer thread.

It looks to be City feeding the media and trying save face that not only them missed out on Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Oh my god I heard we linked with Andy Caroll today , I felt weak at the news , was like a death in the family , :D:D:D

Seriously Andy Carroll would get injured watching a question of Sport !!

Now Sanchez for crazy money , from one end of the spectrum to the other in the space of a few hours , madness

Oh my god I heard we linked with Andy Caroll today , I felt weak at the news , was like a death in the family , :D:D:D

Seriously Andy Carroll would get injured watching a question of Sport !!

Now Sanchez for crazy money , from one end of the spectrum to the other in the space of a few hours , madness

That's the life of a Chelsea fan doom and gloom to euphoria in hours :pac:

We're like a roller coaster you don't k ow if it's and up or down but you're going enjoy the ride.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I'd take him in an instant.

Seen him play against Cork City when he was 18 or 19 in the Europa League qualifiers and he was immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

So any good news today?

I feel ill at thoughts of signing Andy Carroll.

Surely the board as much as much as anyone else could see the writing on the wall this season, we are mid way through and the squad is bolloxed, obviously they've been working behind the scenes to give us a much needed boost to keep us competitive at this crucial and precarious stage of the season. Right? RIGHT?:(

Do we expect to announce Sandro perhaps this week? someone, anyone that isn't Andy fvcking Carroll.

Fvcking laughing stock if thats how high our ambition goes.

weiland79 wrote: »
    So any good news today?

I feel ill at thoughts of signing Andy Carroll.

Surely the board as much as much as anyone else could see the writing on the wall this season, we are mid way through and the squad is bolloxed, obviously they've been working behind the scenes to give us a much needed boost to keep us competitive at this crucial and precarious stage of the season. Right? RIGHT?:(

Do we expect to announce Sandro perhaps this week? someone, anyone that isn't Andy fvcking Carroll.

Fvcking laughing stock if thats how high our ambition goes.

Utd and City fighting over Sanchez and we're thinking about Andy Carroll, shows the level of ambition alright. :o

I'm delighted we wont he title last year because the way things are going, the Manchester clubs are going to have a monopoly on the league for the next 3-5 years.

I've no issue with City winning the league under Pep but as long as Utd dont win it with Jose, I'll be delighted.......yes I am that petty. :pac:

We've thrown our token hat in the Sanchez ring, to little to late i'd imagine especially if reports are to be believed and we've only matched UTD's offer.

You can be sure Jose wll have had the phone call by now and the deal is all but done.

Ragin that we've slipped behind Liverpool too.

Piece on the council, the stadium and the family in question.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42696760
    Chelsea's £1bn development of Stamford Bridge has moved a step closer after Hammersmith and Fulham Council passed a motion that will prevent an injunction blocking the plans.

It was taken out by a neighbouring family, the Crosthwaites, who argue the stadium's expansion to a 60,000-seater would block light into their home.

At a meeting on Monday, the council agreed to acquire land at Stamford Bridge which ensured the injunction is not valid, as the family cannot take the council to the High Court.

The new stadium was granted planning permission one year ago and has been signed off by the Mayor of London.

Monday's decision means the council can take responsibility for the land in question at Chelsea's instruction and lease it back to the club, ensuring it is not subject to legal challenge as had previously been the case.

This will only happen if the club cannot reach an agreement with the Crosthwaites.

The family have no legal right to challenge the council on this issue, but could ask for a judicial review.

No-one spoke before the vote, although councillors did say correspondence on the matter had been received in the past few days.

No member of the Crosthwaite family, who had refused to accept a number of financial offers from Chelsea to compensate them for the loss of light the Premier League club's extensive rebuilding project will cause, was present.

Chelsea expect to be playing at Stamford Bridge until the end of the 2019-20 season and will be forced to play at an alternative venue - likely to be Wembley Stadium - for up to four years.

The Courtyard Room at Hammersmith Town Hall was packed expecting some kind of clash between Chelsea and the family.

The sense of anticipation grew as one of the councillors declared her personal interest in number 17 on the council agenda - as she was a Chelsea season ticket holder.

Under those circumstances, it was agreed, number 17 should be moved to number one.

But there were no fireworks. There was not even a damp squib. There was nothing.

No-one came forward to speak. None of the family members were present. No solicitors. Nothing.

Under such circumstances, the councillors took the only course of action open to them.

They confirmed all had seen recent correspondence - but didn't tell outsiders what it was. They confirmed they understood the recommendation. And they passed it.

All done in less than five minutes.

Now hopefully we can start work on this, there is meant to be some ground work starting to cover the train tracks first and the rest will fall into place then.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Utd and City fighting over Sanchez and we're thinking about Andy Carroll, shows the level of ambition alright. :o

I'm delighted we wont he title last year because the way things are going, the Manchester clubs are going to have a monopoly on the league for the next 3-5 years.

I've no issue with City winning the league under Pep but as long as Utd dont win it with Jose, I'll be delighted.......yes I am that petty. :pac:

giphy.gif

Also i found myself humming that fvcking Salah song in the shower this morning. I might aswell just blow my brains out now :pac:

We've thrown our token hat in the Sanchez ring, to little to late i'd imagine especially if reports are to be believed and we've only matched UTD's offer.

You can be sure Jose wll have had the phone call by now and the deal is all but done.

Ragin that we've slipped behind Liverpool too.

The more reliable Chelsea twitter journos say Chelsea arent in for Sanchez and City have thrown Chelseas name to the media to save face.

I'd believe that TBH, I cant see us giving Sanchez 300-350k a week while Hazard is on 200k and wiating for a new deal.
    Also i found myself humming that fvcking Salah song in the shower this morning. I might aswell just blow my brains out now :pac:

Get out. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Ximena Attractive Prize

I'd take him in an instant.

Seen him play against Cork City when he was 18 or 19 in the Europa League qualifiers and he was immense.

bit of a diva at the game but a fantastic talent...his step dad who'se his agent is supposed to be a pain to deal with

bit of a diva at the game but a fantastic talent...his step dad who'se his agent is supposed to be a pain to deal with

Ya, he should have been sent off in the same game for lashing out. :o

I reckon if a big club come in for him in the summer, he'll be off.

Leverkusen is only a stepping stone for his talent, I dont think hes all that much better than Musonda though its just hes playing reguarly where he is and showing off his talent, if Musonda got that luxury he'd be highly sought after too.

norwich press conf

Ross Barkley is unable to play tomorrow because he didn't sign in time, but he is likely to feature in a friendly and could be ready for the weekend.
    "We are preparing a friendly game for him this week and we will see his physical condition. I am very happy with him and to see his physical condition. He could be ready for the next game [Brighton]"
    Gary Cahill, who went off injured at the weekend, has a muscular problem and Cesc Fabregas has a hamstring injury, so won't feature tomorrow.

"I think this game is an important game. A good chance to continue keeping a clean sheet, because it is not easy. Then score and go through to the next round

Asked if the club are trying to sign Alexis Sanchez, Conte says: 'I don't think so.'
    "I prefer to talk to the club to give my opinions. I repeat, I don't want to give my opinion about the transfer market"
    "We are working hard to build something important for this club. This is my first task. If someone asks my opinion, then I can give my opinion but I think the most important thing is to work and to continue to exploit this squad in the right way

Michy Batshuayi is a Chelsea player and he will be involved tomorrow.
    on Batshuayi loan [Sevilla]: "He is Chelsea's player. He is in our squad and tomorrow he has to play. Then I think this is the truth until now, he is a Chelsea player. He is having the possibility to show he deserves to play for Chelsea"

given the fact Eden Hazard had a bad injury, and surgery, as well as missing pre-season, it's important to be careful with his fitness and make sure he is in the best physical condition.
    on Hazard not completing matches: "This is not important, I am the coach I decide. Only here is this happy. You are very worried if the player is happy or not happy. My task is to do the best for the player and the team, not to make every single player happy"
    "Every press conference, it is are you worried to make a player unhappy... No I am worried about winning."

it's good news we are not conceding, but bad news we have not been scoring, so we must improve in that area.

"We have to make lots of rotations, this is the only way we can do it, if we want to go to the next round"
    he is likely to make a number of changes for tomorrow's game against Norwich, particularly given the fact we are due to play Brighton in the early fixture on Saturday.

Ethan Ampadu will 'probably' play tomorrow because he deserves an opportunity. He adds young players, when given a chance, must prove he was right to put them in the team.
    "A young player has to deserve this opportunity and when I give this opportunity that I didn't make a mistake

on Morata form: "It is normal that when you are a striker, when you don't score you are a bit frustrated. He had good chance s to score but in this period he is a bit unlucky. Improve himself and not lose confidence."
    The coach trusts him, his team-mates trust him"

On Callum Hudson-Odoi, Conte says he is a very interesting player who needs another step to be ready to play with his side.
    "We are talking about a player with good potentiality. He needs another step before he has a chance to play a game with us. For sure, he is a very interesting player for us. We have to continue working with him to improve and have another step

Bo**ocks anyway.

No Barkley, no party.

Going on the above we're probably going to see

Big willy
    Azp Luiz Rudiger
    Zapp Drinkwater Ampadu Kenedy
    Willian Michy Pedro

Eduardo
    Christensen
    Moses Alonso
    Kante
    Musonda
    Morata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Would like to see Charly get a go but tough to see it happening when Michy is guaranteed and Pedro/Willian haven't played much lately. He deserves more chances when we're in poor form like this. Dave has probably earnt a rest too.

hots wrote: »
    Would like to see Charly get a go but tough to see it happening when Michy is guaranteed and Pedro/Willian haven't played much lately. He deserves more chances when we're in poor form like this. Dave has probably earnt a rest too.

Pedro has been a bit **** lately, I'd have no problem swapping Pedro for Musonda in the starting XI.

It could be Rudiger Luiz Ampadu in the back line and Bakayoko and Drinkwater in CM.

We could also go back to 3-5-2 and I'd lose my mind. :o

• Advertisement

I think both Pedro and Willian need game time so really have to start, but I think Charly is a much better option than both if Conte in any way trusted young players.

So Mersey Police have contacted the Mayor of Liverpool to tell him there was no criminal offence committed in the Barkley transfer to Chelsea, why is the Mayor of Liverpool not charged with wasting police time?

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/transfer_talk/267302/police-contact-mayor-of-liverpool-to-assure-him-no-criminal-offence-took-place-during-ross-barkleys-chelsea-transfer.html

I think both Pedro and Willian need game time so really have to start, but I think Charly is a much better option than both if Conte in any way trusted young players.

Ya, I'd love to start Charly tomorrow, I think it wil be Pedro and Willian though.

I'd prefer to start Pedro and Charly, play Willian and Hazard alongside Morata at the weekend but Conte seems set in his 352 ways. :o

So Mersey Police have contacted the Mayor of Liverpool to tell him there was no criminal offence committed in the Barkley transfer to Chelsea, why is the Mayor of Liverpool not charged with wasting police time?

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/transfer_talk/267302/police-contact-mayor-of-liverpool-to-assure-him-no-criminal-offence-took-place-during-ross-barkleys-chelsea-transfer.html

I'd say Merseyside police seen the report, laughed, binned it and contacted him saying that after a conclusive examination of the "evidence" there is no case to answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Still baffled by Andy Carroll still being linked as he has not been fit all this season for a month. We have the English quota met.
    What can be gained by an injured striker? If we need one bring back sturridge as he has a lovely dance after scoring.

• Advertisement

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Still baffled by Andy Carroll still being linked as he has not been fit all this season for a month. We have the English quota met.
    What can be gained by an injured striker? If we need one bring back sturridge as he has a lovely dance after scoring.

If we want to win titles, buying those type crocked, useless players is pointless.

Carroll at his best isnt Chelsea quality, Sturridge 5 years ago was very good, those days are long gone for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Morata is your definition of confidence and esteem player. At Juve when he has relationship issues Conte had to give him TLC because his form went off a cliff. Once he gets his confidence back he'll be lethal again. Sure Suarez took 6 months initially at Barca to start actually scoring regularly. Aguero, Higuain are similar they need a boost then once they get it the goals just flow.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Morata is your definition of confidence and esteem player. At Juve when he has relationship issues Conte had to give him TLC because his form went off a cliff. Once he gets his confidence back he'll be lethal again. Sure Suarez took 6 months initially at Barca to start actually scoring regularly. Aguero, Higuain are similar they need a boost then once they get it the goals just flow.

Conte wasnt his manager at Juventus though. :o

He wanted to sign him but left for the Italian job (not the movie) before Morata arrived.

I do agree though, hes a confidence player, when he came on for Madrid last year or started you just knew he'd score.

I seen him play for Real against Bilbao last October and it was 1-1 when he came on, I turned to the GF and says he'll get the winner, he was on about 10mins and he got the winner.

When he used to come on it was usually within his first 5-10 touches he'd put the ball int he net, he won Madrid some huge points last year too, played a huge part in getting them over the line for a league title and I was surprised they were selling him given how hit or miss Benzema has been the last 2 years.

Have we signed Charlie Austin yet, he'd be a much better option than Carroll, proper Chels too.

I am a little disappointed we have not gone after Defoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Austin is good.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Austin is good.

I'd take Stone Cold Steve Austin over Andy Carroll at this rate.

whatsapp for whatsapp fellas , they won't understand

We've been linked with a Roma LB/LWB.

The way the Sandro deals have stalled, we're better off looking for alternatives at this stage.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement