Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Its not a matter of want more so we need him.
    One Striker with no backup is not good enough.
    On the money. If Gabby hadn't got injured, I'd have held off until the summer and snare Sanchez on a free (assuming he was still available and we're apparently the club he wants to come to). As you say though, one striker is not enough, irrespective of the season Raz is having. The rumour on Twitter (I know!) is that Arsenal are prepared to accept 25m for him. Yeah, I bet they are!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

blueser wrote: »
    On the money. If Gabby hadn't got injured, I'd have held off until the summer and snare Sanchez on a free (assuming he was still available and we're apparently the club he wants to come to). As you say though, one striker is not enough, irrespective of the season Raz is having. The rumour on Twitter (I know!) is that Arsenal are prepared to accept 25m for him. Yeah, I bet they are!

He would cost an astronomical account on wages if signed on a free transfer. Be looking at nearly 375k a week I’d imagine. Least if it’s a 25m fee, should keep the wages around the 250k mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

The whole argument that we have no history really irks me. Just because we have not won the league twenty times doesn't make our history less worthy than others. We have won a European competition before Liverpool and our successful teams of the 60s/70s and early 80s probably didn't win what they deserved, we were unlucky to coincide with some other great teams.

gstack166 wrote: »
    He would cost an astronomical account on wages if signed on a free transfer. Be looking at nearly 375k a week I’d imagine. Least if it’s a 25m fee, should keep the wages around the 250k mark.
    No way would we pay him that. I don't think the likes of Kev, Kun, Merlin or Vinnie are on anything near that. Up to him. If he doesn't like what we offer him, let him go elsewhere. We can't allow players to hold us to ransom.

The whole argument that we have no history really irks me. Just because we have not won the league twenty times doesn't make our history less worthy than others. We have won a European competition before Liverpool and our successful teams of the 60s/70s and early 80s probably didn't win what they deserved, we were unlucky to coincide with some other great teams.

You’ll get no satisfaction debating that topic because Arsenal, United, Chelsea & most of all Liverpool fans don’t realise that. If you mention it then they revert to Empty Seats. Then if you mention that Liverpool had an average of 12,000 more attendance in the Premier League in 1999 when City were in division 2 (28,000 to Liverpool’s 40,000) they’ll do a 180 soon from saying we have no history to the present day saying we’d be no where without the Sheik :) you just can’t win.

• Advertisement

blueser wrote:
    No way would we pay him that. I don't think the likes of Kev, Kun, Merlin or Vinnie are on anything near that. Up to him. If he doesn't like what we offer him, let him go elsewhere. We can't allow players to hold us to ransom.

If Pep really wants him would they honestly say no? He can do no wrong so can see them breaking the bank to keep him Happy

That’s exactly what will happen though. PSG are sniffing too. He has to get that money if he signs for free. The s*n were actually reporting City were willing to pay him 425k a week. That’ll never happen I’d imagine, but id be shocked if Sanchez wasn’t the highest earner at the club if/when he signs.

If Pep really wants him would they honestly say no? He can do no wrong so can see them breaking the bank to keep him Happy
    At the risk of causing unrest in the camp? We seem to be a solid unit at the moment, I'd hate to see that being affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Great result tonight

Nice gesture by the club;

https://twitter.com/BristolPost/status/949346258304491520

Seems the family have had a tough go of it this last year or so. Hope they have a great time.

Not TOO great, mind!

;)

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/949649296827342848

A surprisingly strong line up. Particularly that forward line. Try and get the game sewn up early, then get the subs on.

Stones at fault there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We need to put away these chances shooting ourselves in the foot

We need to put away these chances shooting ourselves in the foot
    No shots on target yet. Doesn't look like Kev will be getting the whole game off.

That's how it's done

What a ****ing goal beautiful

Better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Should have been 3.

A nice win before the pool game,Aguero with a brace not much more could ya ask for.

Never in doubt.

• Advertisement

Jaysus I was worried for a bit sure no need. Kevs ball for the last was a thing of beauty. Would prefer to have kept him fresh for next week but it seems he wants to play

Jaysus I was worried for a bit sure no need. Kevs ball for the last was a thing of beauty. Would prefer to ha E kept him fresh fir next week but it seems he wants to play

This is the thing

Typical old school city fan is worried when we go a goal down that's it

New reality is That we go a goal down we we will turn it around and win

Loving it

Typical old school city fan is worried when we go a goal down that's it

I am worried all the time. About our finances, are we spending too much, will we blow up, city have me torn to pieces over the years!

Reading that City can only register 1 player that has played in the Europa League to be eligible to Champions League if we sign them in this window. Thoughts are we will try for Sanchez ahead of Evans, bid expected to be make this week.

Edit. I know Evans hasn’t played Europa League :) just quoting what I read.

gstack166 wrote:
    Reading that City can only register 1 player that has played in the Europa League to be eligible to Champions League if we sign them in this window. Thoughts are we will try for Sanchez ahead of Evans, bid expected to be make this week.

I thought it said sanchez rather than the real socieded defender because he has?

I thought it said sanchez rather than the real socieded defender because he has?
    You're correct. It was either/or Sanchez or Inigo Marinez. If it comes down to it, I'd go for Sanchez as we only have 1 fit striker at the moment, whereas we have options at CB.

You're correct. It was either/or Sanchez or Inigo Marinez. If it comes down to it, I'd go for Sanchez as we only have 1 fit striker at the moment, whereas we have options at CB.

Yeah think that was it, but think we have to shift Mangala for that to happen as they can’t get 2 foreign players in with the home grown rule or something like that.

gstack166 wrote: »
    Yeah think that was it, but think we have to shift Mangala for that to happen as they can’t get 2 foreign players in with the home grown rule or something like that.
    Is there not some rule about amending the CL squad in january? Not 100% on that, butI thought I read that somewhere a year or two back.

Is there not some rule about amending the CL squad in january? Not 100% on that, butI thought I read that somewhere a year or two back.

Liverpool without Coutinho, Salah is a doubt, new center back in there mix great time to play Liverpool.
    When is Jesus ment to be back, I'd nearly hold out on Sanchez is Jesus is back in 4/5 weeks any longer we have to get a striker.

• Advertisement

Liverpool without Coutinho, Salah is a doubt, new center back in there mix great time to play Liverpool.
    When is Jesus ment to be back, I'd nearly hold out on Sanchez is Jesus is back in 4/5 weeks any longer we have to get a striker.
    Pep was talking between 1 and 2 months. If it turns out to be the latter, it's a long time with only one out and out striker (the middle to end of next month).

Advertisement