Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread Part II Mod post in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

The little hoor looks younger than me!

Daniel, not Miyagi, before anyone decides to rip the piss! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Keno wrote: »
    I completed QWOP today.

Today was a good day.

I bet you did it the cheating way doing the splits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Pro. F wrote: »
    I bet you did it the cheating way doing the splits.

If you can prove it on Judge Judy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's not football related, but she is a sports illustrated model, and football is a sport so this post is justified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Really is difficult to find somewhere to rent in Dublin these days. Tilting me badly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Really is difficult to find somewhere to rent in Dublin these days. Tilting me badly

In what way? price or finding it difficult to find a place? or both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Switch with me, girls are annoying

In what way? price or finding it difficult to find a place? or both?

To get a place. Willing to pay a good amount for the room but just lack of availability. Infuriating. The competition is insane - landlords market at the moment
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    Switch with me, girls are annoying

Hot wife?

To get a place. Willing to pay a good amount for the room but just lack of availability. Infuriating. The competition is insane - landlords market at the moment

Hot wife?

Ya its very tough trying get a place alright.

Always been the way in Dublin.

Wife, wtf, noo

Living with 2 college students is tough enough

• Advertisement

Ya its very tough trying get a place alright.

Always been the way in Dublin.

then you have daft messing you about when you pick available only - you click into it and it shows 'place has already been let'.

take it the **** down then :mad:

Wife, wtf, noo

Pics or gtfo;)

Wife, wtf, noo

giggity.

It's not football related, but she is a sports illustrated model, and football is a sport so this post is justified.

Kate Upton does not need to be related for her to be posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Imagine how uncomfortable things would be if she was related...
    Probably still would.

Anyone seen photos of the new Kelly Brook calender?

ridiculous!!!

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Imagine how uncomfortable things would be if she was related...
    Probably still would.

probably?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Was browsing the app store and came across this, https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/score!-world-goals/id490952152?mt=8 well worth a download and its FREE :D

This is good too https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/dream-league-soccer/id472315002?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Just in response to the apps above, I came across LS Addicts the other day. Fantastic app, shows line ups, games, stats, videos of goals within three mins of being scored and a whole load of other info too. Definitely recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Does know of any good Android apps that they would recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

then you have daft messing you about when you pick available only - you click into it and it shows 'place has already been let'.

take it the **** down then :mad:

I need a place, let's live together. Although I'll probably be gone in 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Does know of any good Android apps that they would recommend?

what kind are you looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Really looking forward to the coming weekend, Sports wise.

Giants have a massive game against Cowboys (lose and season is over, effectively), and Liverpool against Everton in the Derby.

Potential to be a great weekend or an absolutely horrendous one!

Knex. wrote: »
    Really looking forward to the coming weekend, Sports wise.

Giants have a massive game against Cowboys (lose and season is over, effectively), and Liverpool against Everton in the Derby.

Potential to be a great weekend or an absolutely horrendous one!

Go Giants!

Go Everton!

Keno wrote: »
    Go Giants!

Go Everton!

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Perhaps an odd question here... I have followed soccer much in a few years but recently I've been watching a lot more games and regaining the interest I once had. I'm wondering are there any classic games that people would recommend I watch on youtube or elsewhere? I figure its a good way to get reacquainted with things. Can be World Cup, Premiership, La Liga, whatever... Just games that you think are among the best.

Perhaps an odd question here... I have followed soccer much in a few years but recently I've been watching a lot more games and regaining the interest I once had. I'm wondering are there any classic games that people would recommend I watch on youtube or elsewhere? I figure its a good way to get reacquainted with things. Can be World Cup, Premiership, La Liga, whatever... Just games that you think are among the best.

One of the more recent games that I felt was an absolute classic was the Italy v Japan game in the Summer's Confederations Cup.

You can see it here: http://www.footballorgin.com/2013/06/confederations-cup-italy-v-mexico-watch.html

(Link says Mexico but its definitely Japan game)

Anyone watching boxing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭klose

Anyone watching boxing?

Yup, friend managed to get a decent stream and hooked it up to the tv. Good fight but no way should the ref have called it like he did, massive call. Groves was winning too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Big handball match taking place in the Finnish league today.
    http://goo.gl/9DphRF

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Yup, friend managed to get a decent stream and hooked it up to the tv. Good fight but no way should the ref have called it like he did, massive call. Groves was winning too.

it was a joke. Want rematch and love to see Froch taken out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

If it goes to a rematch I think Froch would decimate Groves. He was surprised by Groves' speed and aggressiveness last night I think, he won't let that happen again.

Froch has struggled against mid 20yo in the past.

You could also say grooves wont be as naive and let froch get back into the fight

More scope for improvement comes from young boxer imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I dunno, if Groves couldn't knock him out last night then I can't see him ever doing it, and I couldn't see him lasting a full 12 rounds without getting drawn into a scrap at some point of the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anyone getting a PS4 on Friday or this side of Xmas?

Never put my name down for one months ago but would like to have one before Xmas.

GavRedKing wrote: »

Never put my name down for one months ago but would like to have one before Xmas.

Can't for the life of me make my mind up as to which console to get. Loved the 360 having switched to it from PS2.

Think I'll probably monitor the situation until September next year or so when the new batch of games will be released.

Most likely it'll just depend on what my mates have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Yep. The missus paid it off in full last week. It's my early Christmas present.

Knex. wrote: »
    Can't for the life of me make my mind up as to which console to get. Loved the 360 having switched to it from PS2.

Think I'll probably monitor the situation until September next year or so when the new batch of games will be released.

Most likely it'll just depend on what my mates have.

At the moment only one of my mates is getting a PS4 having made the switch from Xbox, his words to save 100 quid and future exclusives on PS.

I'm hoping for one but I'm not pushed at the moment waiting unitl Jan/Feb/March as I've 2 or 3 PS3 games to play and Football Manager 2014 is a huge time sync. :pac:
    Yep. The missus paid it off in full last week. It's my early Christmas present.

If I do get one before Xmas I wont be touching until Xmas thats for sure, althoguh as I said above, its not the end of the world, only one of my mates will be getting one this side of Xmas.

I think Amazon are still taking orders for a before Xmas delivery. I ordered one for my little cousin a couple of weeks ago.

Avid 360 user but I am more than likely getting a PS4 this generation.

Going to wait til around March I'd say. No games worth getting on either console now imo.

• Advertisement

Getting Killzone Shadowfall with mine, I liked the others in the series so should be happy with that. Battlefield 4 will keep me going until some decent titles are available. Held off on getting it for PS3 so I can't wait to get stuck into it on the PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Ordered a PS4 from Amazon back in June and paid some money off every month. Should get it Friday or Saturday.

They're still taking orders for the 2nd batch which they're assuring people will be delivered before Christmas. They'd be your best bet.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Ordered a PS4 from Amazon back in June and paid some money off every month. Should get it Friday or Saturday.

They're still taking orders for the 2nd batch which they're assuring people will be delivered before Christmas. They'd be your best bet.

I've a buddy in Tesco who said they'll be selling on Friday morning but they've no idea how many they'll have at the moment.

TBH, I'm not to bothered but I wouldnt mind having one on release day, I'd probably keep it for Xmas regardless.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I've a buddy in Tesco who said they'll be selling on Friday morning but they've no idea how many they'll have at the moment.

TBH, I'm not to bothered but I wouldnt mind having one on release day, I'd probably keep it for Xmas regardless.

:)

I don't have the self control to be able to do that. From the moment I cover it in wrapping paper, I'd probably have it ripped, open and started within about a minute :p

Mehhhhhhh I'm waiting until next summer to decide on my next console

Oh guys Late Late Toy Show this Friday :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Had the ps2 and ps3 and have no reason to change, so will likely go for the ps4. Won't be getting it for awhile though, let the early customers work out the bugs! Wouldn't be that bothered about getting it, but I assume Fallout 4 will be exclusive to that generation and that's a game I won't miss.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

PS4 all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Oh guys Late Late Toy Show this Friday :D

Yea im kinda looking forward to it myself, finish work at 7 heading straight up to the girlfriends via a stop off at the off licence and a few drink watching it. Haven't watched it in years.

On new consoles don't know if im bothered have an Xbox 360 but only time it's been turned on the last year was for GTA. I'll probably wait for a new GTA before I buy one.

• Advertisement

I'll probably wait for a new GTA before I buy one.

See you in 5-7 years.

Advertisement