Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

All Hazard has to do is tell the club leave me go this summer coming or I'll walk for free the year after.

If it comes to that the club wont want to miss out on money for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I think someone somewhere has been left loose on those special mushrooms.

It is pig ugly - can't see many being sold myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Well that was dull as ditchwater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

davycc wrote: »

Yep, we don't want them at the club has stepped straight in that it won't be tolerated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

top story on ssn. stupid how a handful of people can bring a club into the spotlight in such a negative way. just have to deal with it anytime it pops up - lifetime bans etc

davycc wrote: »

Yes we are the only club in the world with this problem oh wait a minute .........

That was an enjoyable, no pressure romp through a Thursday night.

Should have won with the chances we created last night and the injury to Morata is far from ideal, even if he has been useless for some time now, you need everyone fit and ready for the busy period over christmas.

I can see Sarri sticking with the false 9 agaisnt Brighton who to be fair, have been exceptional at home in the PL, I think they've only lost one game all season and that was to Spurs.

With Pool v Utd on Sunday we need to win to get closer to or keep pace with Pool and pull clear of Utd, we have to win every time two top 6 sides are playing.

On last night, I felt Odoi was a threat all night but was too telegraphed in what he was doing, he has a good cross on his left but every finish consisted of him cutting on to his right even though he had a great chance on his left at one stage. He missed one chance on his right that he should have scored but it was too weak and straight and its tough being critical of him as hes so young but hes got amazing talent and i expected a better return.

Ampadu was calm as ever and lead the back line, even though there was two goals scored and he managed an OG, I think he played well enough to suggest he should be in Sarris plan next season in a big way.

• Advertisement

Thought we were OK indeed, OG was unlucky and Emerson was all at sea for the second lovely finish in fairness to the Vidi player. But wouldn't really blame Emerson small positional cock up can happen when you don't play much. Would imagine Alonso back for Brighton and then perhaps he gets another run against Bournemouth in the league cup but as with all of the back four yesterday dropping them into a game and expecting perfect harmony off the bat is asking a bit much really.

Still find out on Monday who is up next would like Celtic, not much travelling and an easy game.

Thought we were OK indeed, OG was unlucky and Emerson was all at sea for the second lovely finish in fairness to the Vidi player. But wouldn't really blame Emerson small positional cock up can happen when you don't play much. Would imagine Alonso back for Brighton and then perhaps he gets another run against Bournemouth in the league cup but as with all of the back four yesterday dropping them into a game and expecting perfect harmony off the bat is asking a bit much really.

Still find out on Monday who is up next would like Celtic, not much travelling and an easy game.

Celtic would be the dream.

I think as group winners we avoid any of the sides that have dropped into the EL from the CL.

Its written in the stars that we'll face Napoli given the Sarri/Ancelotti/Zola links.

Apparently these are the teams we can draw

Celtic
    Club Brugge
    Fenerbahce
    Galatasaray
    Krasnodar
    Lazio
    Malmo
    Olympiacos
    Rapid Wien
    Rennes
    Slavia Praha
    Sporting CP
    Shakhtar
    Plzen
    Zurich

Any idea when the draw is?

To be honest, we should easily beat any of those sides, maybe Sporting would be the toughest and a trip to Galatasray would be far from ideal but the rest, I'd have no issue with drawing.

Its an open draw for the following round so if we avoid Arsenal, Napoli or Sevilla we'd be flying.

Monday at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Same starting XI as last week, so Hazard through the middle again

We surely have to be in the market for someone in January, 2 strikers and neither of them playing has to mean Sarri has no faith whatsoever. You'd think Giroud would suit more against what will be a packed defense in Brighton

We're gonna be relying on a piece of magic from the front 3 or a set piece in this game

Good win. 2nd half was a bit messy but nothing we didn't deserve.

Good to put points between us and Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Glad I was wrong with the board backing the special one. Nice to be winning games and with some scoring strikers we should wrap up 5th place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Very good first half.
    Very bad second half.

Lucky to come away with the points in the end.

Johner wrote: »
    Very good first half.
    Very bad second half.

Lucky to come away with the points in the end.

Era we deserved to win. We're still better than Arsenal and Spurs but the top 2 are so far beyond the rest catching them on a off day might mean you finish comfortably in the top 4.

As it stands, it's us, spurs and arsenal for 3rd/4th Utd are nowhere.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Era we deserved to win. We're still better than Arsenal and Spurs but the top 2 are so far beyond the rest catching them on a off day might mean you finish comfortably in the top 4.

As it stands, it's us, spurs and arsenal for 3rd/4th Utd are nowhere.

The second half annoyed me. Instead of going for the kill we sat back and invited trouble on ourselves. I’m not as impressed as some people are with Arsenal this season. I think they might be the ones to miss out.

The second half annoyed me. Instead of going for the kill we sat back and invited trouble on ourselves. I’m not as impressed as some people are with Arsenal this season. I think they might be the ones to miss out.

We've no killer instinct. It's cost us a Lot this year.

Put Kane or ageuro in this side and we'd score 3 or 4 goals a game. Morata/Giroud just don't cut the mustard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

We've no killer instinct. It's cost us a Lot this year.

Put Kane or ageuro in this side and we'd score 3 or 4 goals a game. Morata/Giroud just don't cut the mustard.

We'll end up with Wilson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I heard the plan in Jan is to sign Mertens, and he,d be first choice until summer. Thought we lost our impetus when Pedders was subbed. Let Lofty excel in mid, right winger he is not. Alonso has been shocking since he signed new contract, Emerson must start. Ross needs to us him game. Kova is understanding the rigours of The PL, that said contributes nothing in final third. Nice to see Azpi looking more comfortable.

Europa League draw is on today.

Hoping for Celtic.

Hoping we avoid Galatasray.

Apparently Barca make an official approach for Christensen - wonder if they will make do with Cahill?

Europa League draw is on today.

Hoping for Celtic.

Hoping we avoid Galatasray.

Would love to dish out a beating to Celtic. I predict we get Krasnador or Rapid Vienna.

Would love to dish out a beating to Celtic. I predict we get Krasnador or Rapid Vienna.

We're going to get Napoli at some stage anyway, hopefully in the final. :o

Apparently Barca make an official approach for Christensen - wonder if they will make do with Cahill?

Buy one, get one half price, throw in Willian.

• Advertisement

Malmo, nice draw.

Probably couldn’t have asked for a better tie, the Swedish league is over since November, doesn’t start for again until February and Malmo only finished 3rd in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Long time reader, first time poster in here. Lifelong Chelsea fan (30 odd years).

I think this season has been very good so far (above expectations). Sarri did not have long to get his ideas across, or assess the players in the squad having come so late in a hectic summer.

I am hoping for a few incomings in January, particularly a centre forward, and I actually think Callum Wilson would be a good signing, not THE signing, but a good one nonetheless. I would certainly bring Tammy back next season too as an option if going 2 up top.

Great Europa league draw and hoping for a very good Christmas period results wise.

Hello Tom welcome to the Pleasure Dome.

Callum Wilson - done nowt since I put him in my fantasy team :mad:

Shopping is great this time of the year in London

• Advertisement

If we get a transfer ban and its likely at the moment, we have to go all out for signings in Janaury.

WE can appeal it and it will likely be dropped to a 2 window ban so we have to make the most of whats possible in January.

The flip side of that is we'll be bent over a barrel on prices but the most pressing issue is a CF, if we can sort that issue out we'll be ok for the next 2 windows, if we have to face a ban with Giroud/Michy/Morata/Abraham, in short, we're f**ked.

peteeeed wrote: »

Lot of money and Morata, get it done. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Shame he just signed a new contract

Lukker- wrote: »
    Shame he just signed a new contract

Ya, theres no hope of Icardi in Janaury.

Even in the summer if we didnt have a ban, we'd seriously struggle to get a deal done for him, he would cost an insane amount of money but hes the CF I think we need.

We've lacked a proper #9 for 2 years now and before Costa, we hadnt a proper #9 for about 2 years too, we've to sort it out in the summer.

What I'd like to do is get Icardi and promote Abraham, keep Giroud, sell Michy and Morata and get back about 80m for two of them, it would go someway to paying for Icardi.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I don't think Icardi is realistic for us in summer, even with a bucket load of cash.

Only club I can see him going to is RM.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    I don't think Icardi is realistic for us in summer, even with a bucket load of cash.

Only club I can see him going to is RM.

Ya, unless we win something big I cant see his head being turned.

He wont end up at Barca anyway because Messi hates him.

If Madrid go after Hazard and another CF too, unless its Icardi and Hazard, I rckon they'll be priced out of the market. Very good #9's are rare as hens teeth now a days, the PL has 2 exceptional players but none of them will go to another PL club.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

I certainly think Icardi is a dream signing, but there are others out there who would suit our style.

I think Callum Wilson has a lot to offer and will score goals. I think Tammy is a poacher too and will be a top quality striker in years to come.

Whatever the Board decide to do in terms of buying players, what is clear is that Morata and Michy need to be sold as soon as possible to recoup as much as we can for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

I maintain Timo Werner would be a great shout. Leipzig arent performing as well this season so he could very well be a good option.

Callum Wilson would be a serious waste of money, Bournemouth would want mad money for a limited enough player whos just going through a purple patch.

It would be like signing another Danny Drinkwater and we'd be here, 18months later wondering we spunked 40/50m on a bang average English talent.

so the youth cup 5 in a row dream is over , lost 4-3 at united , great game

No Odoi, Ampadu or Bulka would test any youth setup.

Hopefully the first two feature against Bournemouth.

Bulka is likely gone as hes not signed a new deal with the club and wont feature at all until he does so or he leaves for free in the summer.

Jose gone.

3 years and 1 day to the day Chelsea sacked him.

Stupid Utd couldnt even do sacking him right. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Feel sorry for Mourinho, his tactics have been found out, he is done as a manager.
    He should retire and take up Golf ...

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Feel sorry for Mourinho, his tactics have been found out, he is done as a manager.
    He should retire and take up Golf ...

well when you look at it , he lost all of his original backroom staff which was a big part of his success .. over the years one by one they moved on the mgmt jobs themselves

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement