Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dyson V8/V10

• 23-11-2018 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Anyone in the market for a dyson V8 or V10? BF price seems to be the same at Littlewoods, Currys, flamin gollahs etc. Anyone see a better deal anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

PRman wrote: »
    Anyone in the market for a dyson V8 or V10? BF price seems to be the same at Littlewoods, Currys, flamin gollahs etc. Anyone see a better deal anywhere?

Ya on the lookout for V10. No change in price at all it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭deegs

Ya on the lookout for V10. No change in price at all it seems

Dyson website will match any similar price for next few days.

I see the v10 animal at 400 but want the absolute for the fluffy roller. Can't see it under 450 which doesn't seem like a great deal

deegs wrote: »
    Dyson website will match any similar price for next few days.

I see the v10 animal at 400 but want the absolute for the fluffy roller. Can't see it under 450 which doesn't seem like a great deal

Where is the absolute €450? Cheapest I see if €499

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rock2009

V10 animal is 450, absolute is still 499.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

HN had V8 for €350

You could get a V8 refurbished in the Dyson eBay store for £279

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/Dyson-Outlet/_i.html?_fsub=25334932010

Dyson Outlet has Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Refurbished - 1 Year Guarantee

for £279

I got a V7 in Jan frpm the Outlet and it was brand new. Cost was £189 and is the best tool in the house.

Sorry ya that's Sterling.

Best option right now looks like buying in Currys.ie and getting 10% back using Visa offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

TimHorton wrote: »

Dyson Outlet has Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Refurbished - 1 Year Guarantee

for £279

I got a V7 in Jan frpm the Outlet and it was brand new. Cost was £189 and is the best tool in the house.

Hmm you might have convinced me to pull the trigger! Did you Parcel Motel it or Address Pal it? Says they don't deliver to Ireland...

KathleenF wrote: »
    Hmm you might have convinced me to pull the trigger! Did you Parcel Motel it or Address Pal it? Says they don't deliver to Ireland...

I used Parcel Motel and it fitted in the locker so no extra charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

Cheers Tim. Will give that a shot! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Have the V8 over a year now. Couldn’t be without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭dec2000

Best option right now looks like buying in Currys.ie and getting 10% back using Visa offer

Didn't just myself earlier, seems like the only way to get a discount on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

Just a word of warning if buying in Sterling - Don't use Paypal as they've screwed me 4% on the exchange rate which is even more than kiosks....

Just a word of warning if buying in Sterling - Don't use Paypal as they've screwed me 4% on the exchange rate which is even more than kiosks....

Curry’s.ie charge in euro so all good on that front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

PRman wrote:

Get a revolut card man

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

for £279

Happy wife this evening :)
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

Is the v10 worth the extra money? Saw a few reviews saying that the suction wasn't that greatly improved especially in full power which could only last 6 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭suave.4u

use this going forward:

http://blog.iopsl.com/change-paypal-conversion-options-to-avoid-high-currency-exchange-fee/

Is the v10 worth the extra money? Saw a few reviews saying that the suction wasn't that greatly improved especially in full power which could only last 6 minutes

V8 was a big jump for the V6/V7.
    I haven’t actually used a V10 so can’t comment on if it’s worth the extra.

Technically it’s better and in paper it’s better but would you notice it in day to day cleaning?

It’s like the way cars progress, 2005 Bmw 520d was 163bhp, 2008 was 177bhp, 2011 was 184bhp, 2017 was 190bhp.....small increases but would you notice from one to the direct replacement.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brookers

I have a v10 absolute, can do carpets n wood floors. It is fantastic. If you going to spend on the v8, just go the extra for the v10, you wont regret it. The suction is fantastic, my husband was sceptical about any dyson as he used to own a pub and swears by the henry vacuum cleaner, which we still have, but the v10 is so easy to operate, the whole thing comes apart so easily and the dirt just shoots into the bin, a quick rub with a damp cloth and it looks like it is just straight out of the shop. I love it and it looks great too. Buy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

Pulled the trigger on the V8 total clean this morning on the outlet store. Looking forward to getting it in my hands by the end of the week. Thanks to all posters for their contributions, ye made my mind up for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Dublin72

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/dyson-cyclone-v10-motorhead-cord-free-vacuum-cleaner.html

Anyone ever purchase from eglobalcentral.eu? V8 is €367 and V10 is €429.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

I wouldnt fancy having to deal with them if you need to return or warranty issues

bidiots wrote: »
    I wouldnt fancy having to deal with them if you need to return or warranty issues

I think you can go direct to Dyson for warranty, similar to Apple products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭fafy

Dyson.ie are including the Floor Doc FREE with the V10 Absolute & V10 Animal. (Strangely, not with the V10 Total Clean). This is floor standing storage unit, which i was aware of, but i was not interested in paying €140 for it.

Reports on the wall mounted unit are not great, and you need to store all the tools elsewhere. The floor doc, keeps the vacuum and ALL the tools in one place, it is €140 normally, but included free with the above two models today ONLY, and only on dyson.ie

Prices remain the same €449 for V10 Animal, €499 for V10 Absolute, i have not seen these discounted anywhere, including the UK and Ireland websites.

The visa currys offer is good, but getting the floor doc free more than makes up for that.

fafy wrote: »
    Dyson.ie are including the Floor Doc FREE with the V10 Absolute & V10 Animal. (Strangely, not with the V10 Total Clean). This is floor standing storage unit, which i was aware of, but not at €140.

Reports on the wall mounted unit are not great, and you need to store all the tools elsewhere. The floor doc, keeps the vacuum and ALL the tools in one place, it is €140 normally, but included free with the above two models today ONLY, and only on dyson.ie

Prices remain the same €449 for V10 Animal, €499 for V10 Absolute, i have not seen these discounted anywhere, including the UK and Ireland websites.

The visa currys offer is good, but hetting the floor doc, more than makes up for that.

Thanks. I was going to pull the trigger on a V10 Absolute today from currys. Might just go for this deal now instead.

Thanks. I was going to pull the trigger on a V10 Absolute today from currys. Might just go for this deal now instead.

I was in same boat, waiting ! Dyson also guarantee, that any V10 puchased on their website, will get a refund of any price drop, if they reduce their website prices, between now and November 28th. However, they could in theory, get around this, by reducing the price, and not including the floor doc, which i want. I want to keep them all tidy and in one place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Meath08

Dyson.ie are including the Floor Doc FREE with the V10 Absolute & V10 Animal. (Strangely, not with the V10 Total Clean). This is floor standing storage unit, which i was aware of, but i was not interested in paying €140 for it.

The visa currys offer is good, but getting the floor doc free more than makes up for that.

Thanks for the post. I would have missed the offer if you hadn’t posted it. I was going to purchase with Currys.ie and get the 10% back but I think this will work out better for me. Somewhere to store all the tools, plus some extra tools, and it means I can relocate where I charge much easier than with the wall mounted option.

• Advertisement

Dyson.ie now have the free floor stand, with all 3 V10 models.

Yesterday, it was only available with the Animal & Absolute V10 modela which was kind of odd, but today, the “Total Clean” V10 has it included also.

Prices for V10 models are still the same, €449,(Animal) €499 (Absolute) & €549(Total clean).

Dyson.ie now have the free floor stand, with all 3 V10 models.

Yesterday, it was only available with the Animal & Absolute V10 modela which was kind of odd, but today, the “Total Clean” V10 has it included also.

Prices for V10 models are still the same, €449,(Animal) €499 (Absolute) & €549(Total clean).

I thought this was Bargain Alerts , There is no way 449 Euro for a V10 Animal is bargain when I got a V7 Animal for 189 Stg almost a year ago.....

I thought this was Bargain Alerts , There is no way 449 Euro for a V10 Animal is bargain when I got a V7 Animal for 189 Stg almost a year ago.....

This is not BA, its BA Requests.
    The V7 is also 2 models old, so id expect it to be considerably cheaper than the current line up but the pricing is a different argument.

kceire wrote: »
    This is not BA, its BA Requests.
    The V7 is also 2 models old, so id expect it to be considerably cheaper than the current line up but the pricing is a different argument.

Either way 449 is no bargain , Alert/Request or anything else...

Either way 449 is no bargain , Alert/Request or anything else...

One mans bargain is another's rip off!!

One mans bargain is another's rip off!!

It is a bargain, when it comes with a storage unit included, normally costing €140.

• Advertisement

It is a bargain, when it comes with a storage unit included, normally costing €140.

The Storage Unit looks silly and it not practical in my opinion, I prefer to keep it simple with wall mount with 2 additional accessories all nice and handy.

V8 (among others) is on dyson ebay outlet for 279.99 and code PRESENTS will give 15% off so less than £240 is a very good price.

sweetie wrote: »
    V8 (among others) is on dyson ebay outlet for 279.99 and code PRESENTS will give 15% off so less than £240 is a very good price.

Now that is a bargain.

No longer 249!

No longer 249!

when was it 249?

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    when was it 249?

Everytime I checked over the last few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Just a note for those buying from the outlet shop on eBay (and I missed that eBay code, damn!!), my V8 did NOT fit into a locker so I had to collect it from the over-sized package depot. This meant the PM fee was €7 instead of €3.95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

the ebay 15% code PRESENTS does not seem to work for home appliances, tried to purchase a dyson and entered the code at checkout and it says it cant be applied to what's in my basket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Hi,
    I'm on the lookout for a V10 also. Has the price fluctuated much atall lately? I'm trying to decide on buying now or waiting until the new year..

Hi,
    I'm on the lookout for a V10 also. Has the price fluctuated much atall lately? I'm trying to decide on buying now or waiting until the new year..

No budge at all during black Friday except for direct from Dyson on cyber Monday where they included a floor doc for free, but the price didn't change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

No budge at all during black Friday except for direct from Dyson on cyber Monday where they included a floor doc for free, but the price didn't change

That's a pity. I'll wait until the New Year & hope for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

We got the V6 Fluffy two years ago and only recently has the battery gone. We have a short hair house dog and the hoover is used several times a day.

Well worth the money. It'll be upgraded to the V10 very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

D3V!L wrote: »
    We got the V6 Fluffy two years ago and only recently has the battery gone. We have a short hair house dog and the hoover is used several times a day.

Well worth the money. It'll be upgraded to the V10 very soon.

That could well be covered under warranty , give them a ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Bump

I'm in the market for the Dyson V10 Animal.
    Any good deals on them at the moment?

• Advertisement
Advertisement