Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Anyone else have the feeling that maybe, just maybe, this will be our season?

At least until rads let's bielsa go to the MLS after getting a fee large enough to cover eleven sports. Because Leeds... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

We have more points now then we did on Feb 12th of last season. What a time to be on a winning streak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Norwich drew, top of the league now. Will be in top 2 for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Oh baby .... Time to dream?

Another away day, another packed away end, the travelling support is very impressive...

Of course Leeds fans can't laugh at the turmoil across the Pennines, as ManU are still in a higher division.

But surely a little giggle is allowed?

Isn't it amazing how much the tone and atmosphere around a while club can be dictated by a manager? Can you imagine the amount of arse kicking Bielsa would dole out to their vastly overpaid underachievers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Oh baby .... Time to dream?

"Fact: Only 11 teams have had 45 points or more after 22 matches in the last 15 years of #Championship - like #LUFC has today.
    How many won automatic promotion of those 11?
    11."

https://twitter.com/svendleeds/status/1074310241775427584

I'm still not even near confident we'll go up. Loving this run though, long may it last!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

"Fact: Only 11 teams have had 45 points or more after 22 matches in the last 15 years of #Championship - like #LUFC has today.
    How many won automatic promotion of those 11?
    11."

https://twitter.com/svendleeds/status/1074310241775427584

I'm still not even near confident we'll go up. Loving this run though, long may it last!

DON'T JINX US

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Izzy Brown went off injured in an U-23 game today. The club is downplaying it and say it was precautionary because he had a tight hamstring, rather than it being his knee again. Fingers crossed that's all it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Oh Jesus, I don't think I can handle all this optimism! The fact we have won 5 on the trot after getting a beating at WBA and then losing our two right backs and our captain, all the time conceding only the one goal, is a pretty incredible feat tbh.
    As with NuckChorris, I am not even thinking promotion yet, it's way too early in this marathon league and we know all too well how momentum can ebb away from a season.
    I do think a couple of signings in January would be comforting, especially in the attacking third, although that said, if we can keep Bamford fit and get Brown to play a big role then we might not miss Saiz at all. Exciting times!

• Advertisement

Shlippery wrote: »
    DON'T JINX US

If anything we have a history of being the team that can beat all the odds when it comes to screwing up!!!!

Saw it mentioned that Leeds were eager to get the Saiz exit wrapped up quickly so that they could focus on a replacement rather than have an unhappy player moping around for January. Sounds like that'd be Bielsa's style, you're all in or all out!!

Nuck isn't the only one who reads a stat like that and thinks "so this year the inevitable Leeds screw up will be particularly spectacular".

That's why I'm saying everyone should laugh at ManU right NOW!

I think the signing I'd most like in January is another defender. We've had a bad run of injuries, and frequently have had a couple of first choice defenders out at the same time, with not a huge amount of cover available. A decent player in as cover would set my mind at ease quite a bit. Of course if we could also get a sh*t-hot attacking player in as well that would be the icing on the cake, but I'm not allowing myself to become optimistic in any way, including over transfers.

Officially confirmed Saiz is gone, loan with option to buy at 6m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Mushy wrote: »
    Officially confirmed Saiz is gone, loan with option to buy at 6m.

Let's see if Radz is serious enough to get a replacement in January now

Can't rely on Brown going by today's scare

Zaph wrote: »
    I think the signing I'd most like in January is another defender. We've had a bad run of injuries, and frequently have had a couple of first choice defenders out at the same time, with not a huge amount of cover available. A decent player in as cover would set my mind at ease quite a bit. Of course if we could also get a sh*t-hot attacking player in as well that would be the icing on the cake, but I'm not allowing myself to become optimistic in any way, including over transfers.

Lewie Coyle back from loan (covers RB and if he's there Ayling or Berardi can cover CB easier) and Adam Reach as an attacking signing?

Derby and Forest drew, six points clear of third now

Lewie Coyle back from loan (covers RB and if he's there Ayling or Berardi can cover CB easier) and Adam Reach as an attacking signing?

Coyle has been doing well at Fleetwood, so bringing him back would be a decent option, and it wouldn't eat into the budget for an attacking player. Don't know much about Reach, but he does score some cracking goals.

Ayling back early and likely to start. Hopefully alongside Pontus leaving Shack where he is and Philips back to DM role with Baker out. Great boost.

• Advertisement

That's great news!

He's been a bit out of form, but hopefully the rest did him well.

Cooper also seems to be ahead of schedule on his return.

Norwich with another late winner , you have to laugh

One of those days already

Yeah, dominating in every area and stat...except the one that matters...

MOTM will surely go to Villas Adam Forshaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Toothless up front.Big change needed this half.

• Advertisement

Get in, Clarke is quality

What a corner, what a header

Get in again !!!!!!

Officials have missed 2 clear penos now.

Clear peno.:mad:

• Advertisement

Alioski can be an awful eejit.

GGGGGOOOOOAAAALLLL !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Beautiful goal. Merry Christmas Leeds fans

Sensational win. Might have to go back to Beckford at Old Trafford for a win that felt as good.

Is this for real

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

This is some team. You’d be tempted to start dreaming.

Have a feeling someone will come in with a big bid for Clarke in January, a savage little player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Ya little beauty! Thoroughly deserved win too. Clarke is certainly exciting, fully expected him to score. Harrison once again was disappointing. Jansson was immense, what a leader. Top for Christmas, dare to dream folks!

Jack Clarke

Gonna be a star

• Registered Users Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Super Leeds. Going up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Sensational win. Might have to go back to Beckford at Old Trafford for a win that felt as good.

Let’s not get carried away now :)

• Advertisement

What's going on

Even Keith Andrews singing our praises and saying we should have had a peno

We're doing well but it's
    Going to be a tough January.
    Up top is good for now but
    As the injuries mount up our
    ****ing bad luck will ruin us and
    Champions will be WBA or Norwich.

Alioski can be an awful eejit.

5 yellows this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Glass half full people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Harrison has been the big disappointment this season. Ayling looked very fit for his first game back. Good times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

We're doing well but it's
    Going to be a tough January.
    Up top is good for now but
    As the injuries mount up our
    ****ing bad luck will ruin us and
    Champions will be WBA or Norwich.

West Brom are the side that scares me most. Reckon they’ll be in the auto spots at the end of the season.

We're doing well but it's Going to be a tough January. Up top is good for now but As the injuries mount up our ****ing bad luck will ruin us and Champions will be WBA or Norwich.

That's the spirit :/

Harrison has been the big disappointment this season.

Yeah we never seem to do well out of the premiership loans, Bartley aside.

Clarke doesn't seem physically ready yet though for full on championship match, have to hand it to Bielsa for managing him so well

quarryman wrote: »
    West Brom are the side that scares me most. Reckon they’ll be in the auto spots at the end of the season.

Look for the secret message hidden in the first word on each line ;)

Agree on WBA even though I wasn't really thinking about it. We've had close games but looked like winning by more. Norwich just seem to be riding their luck and top 2 may be too much in the long run for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Fantastic win today. I honestly thought that we'd be delighted with a draw. It really tested the metal of this team, who must be oozing in self belief right now.

I feel that our only current weakness within the team is BPF so it won't surprise me to see a keeper come in, in the next week or so.

BPF doesn't inspire a huge amount of confidence in me, particularly when it comes to crosses and corners.

We should consider returning Baker and maybe even Harrison, who have both been below the level needed and it appears now that the Academy lads have more to offer.

Next two games (at home to both Blackburn and Hull), are a great opportunity for 6 points - and a second MotM award for Bielsa.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement