Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Note Post 7373

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

At least we got the point. First half was painfully slow. I thought Blind played well when he came on, though Rojo was dire.

Rooney was useless and Memphis was as bad when he came on. He kept moving into dead ends with the ball or running sideways when there was other options available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Martial was a handful again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

MrMac84 wrote: »
    First post

Sorry man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Valencia was the MOTM. Very good performance from him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Martial was a handful again

Your edit doesn't fool me, Mac :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Away in Moscow happy with the point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Going to be watching the game on Sunday behind the couch, and City aren't even great themselves but they can punish us if we do this again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

J. Marston wrote: »
    Valencia was the MOTM. Very good performance from him.

Naah, Joe Launchbury by a mile. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Should have got three points really.

Sleepwalked the first half. A bit better the second. Opposition were poor.

Was always going to be Martial to dig us out of a hole.

That first half was boring and frustrating beyond belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

take the point and move on. wasn't great to look at.

Now for the derby game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Your edit doesn't fool me, Mac :P

Ohh... Look at me... I'm a mod... I can see original posts :p

Do the RTE panel even realise that Martial has played most of his games for Utd so far up front?

People give out about Giles and his age but I'd have him every day over the likes of Whelan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

happy with the away draw. Kept alot of possession. roll on the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

adox wrote: »
    Do the RTE panel even realise that Martial has played most of his games for Utd so far up front?

People give out about Giles and his age but I'd have him every day over the likes of Whelan.

Give Ronnie a break he's trying to enjoy United not winning.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Take the point away from home I suppose. Average enough performance but much better in the second half.

Rooney isn't playing great but the service to him was brutal.

Rojo was badly exposed positionally. Got dragged everywhere.

Think the two games are at home next so win those against cska and psv which we should and we will go through.

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    happy with the away draw. Kept alot of possession. roll on the weekend

You say "kept a lot of possession" as if it was some sort of achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Quandary

thank fcuk for Martial and Schneiderlin. We were solid at the back too but overall that was definitely not a good performance. Way too slow and laboured. Rooney contributed very little again which is becoming more and more of a problem for us. His lack of pace up front makes life very easy for the opposing centre halves. It's amazing how much difference a quick no. 9 can make. The midfielders are much more likely to try early through balls when they know the centre forward has the legs to get on the edge of them.

If Rooney doesn't improve between now and the end of the season I'd say LVG will have a big decision to make next summer.

City at the weekend will be very difficult, especially considering our record after midweek champions league games. At least it's on Sunday and at OT though, so could be worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I expected a win and put my chicken fillet money on a win but with the early goal it was going to be a cold scrappy match.

Managing expectations is important for these games or you will pull your hair out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Very happy with that. We played well and its a good result

Very happy with that. We played well and its a good result

You been on the sauce again?

• Advertisement

You say "kept a lot of possession" as if it was some sort of achievement.

It is for us. Look what happened against Arsenal when we didnt keep it.

that was one of the only games where we didnt keep the ball and we got destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Quandary wrote: »
    thank fcuk for Martial and Schneiderlin. We were solid at the back too but overall that was definitely not a good performance. Way too slow and laboured. Rooney contributed very little again which is becoming more and more of a problem for us. His lack of pace up front makes life very easy for the opposing centre halves. It's amazing how much difference a quick no. 9 can make. The midfielders are much more likely to try early through balls when they know the centre forward has the legs to get on the edge of them.

If Rooney doesn't improve between now and the end of the season I'd say LVG will have a big decision to make next summer.

City at the weekend will be very difficult, especially considering our record after midweek champions league games. At least it's on Sunday and at OT though, so could be worse.

Rooney has been dreadful but LVG doesn't seem to know how to utilise him, which would make you wonder why he made Rooney his captain. It's just so frustrating when we get into the final third, we look so lost in attack and a large amount of that is down to the way the side is set up.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Keane2097 wrote:
    Too deep, sloppy with the ball I thought. Schweinsteiger especially and Schneiderlin the odd time forced to move beyond him to try and get some support to Rooney.

Rooney was very isolated with Herrera failing to link with him in the slightest.

I'd say the midfielders moving past the 10 is a very normal movement rather than something Herrera was forcing by bad play. I thought his use of the ball was good - receiving in tight spots, beating players and finding good passes - and he looked like about the only one to me who could cope with this overly spread out LVG attack.

But I agree that Rooney was isolated and I think the same happened to the players out wide too often as well.

For me it looks like there are pockets of two or three players in each attack. Sometimes one of these pockets have the ball and try to score; sometimes they're waiting in the box for an isolated wide player to get the ball in. It's all so static and under-supported. Very poor stuff imo.

Although a draw in Moscow is a perfectly acceptable result, it's another one of these performances that's a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Cure for insomnia watching that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,458 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Always the same with this RTE lot. Go on about how much United have spent, ignore that for years the side stagnated and United were outspent by their rivals. I should just turn the TV off at the whistle :rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

edgecutter wrote: »
    Cure for insomnia watching that

I didnt think it was that bad.

Who would ye all have as Captain to replace Rooney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

You been on the sauce again?

They were the most negative home team I've ever seen in the champions league. They had 11behind the ball.

Thought we did well, controlled he game and got a good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Smalling would fit the job perfectly.

• Advertisement

Smalling. I'd have him as captain now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement