Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 - Mod Note in OP, 14/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Flanagan will never be a better player than he has been while out injured.

He just needs to be better than Moreno, which to be honest is setting a fairly low bar for him. Moreno is poison defensively, has been easily as bad as Lovren but gets a pass here from some because he very intermittently shows some pace ,but little intelligence, carrying the ball forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

ricero wrote: »
    In fairness all four goals conceaded today by Bournemouth were pure comedy defending
    You do have to get ine right positions though something Sterling is very good at tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Anyone else see Klopp slap ibe at the end? Character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

rob316 wrote: »
    Anyone else see Klopp slap ibe at the end? Character

What type of slap was it?

What type of slap was it?

Slap of affection in the face Ibe was a bit shocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Sterling hattrick before half time for City. Will always wonder if Klopp would have made a difference to him staying with us :(

City was a good move for him for both football and money reasons.
    How some people thought/think Ibe could/can be better or is even a capable replacement is kind of hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Sterling hattrick before half time for City. Will always wonder if Klopp would have made a difference to him staying with us :(

I'd say the owners would really have to change their policies to keep the likes of Sterling, Suarez and Gerrard. While Klopp might have some influence, I'd think its more to do with money/wages and investment on new players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sakho always seems to find a player with his passing, even with 2 or 3 players bearing down on him. Class act.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He just needs to be better than Moreno, which to be honest is setting a fairly low bar for him. Moreno is poison defensively, has been easily as bad as Lovren but gets a pass here from some because he very intermittently shows some pace ,but little intelligence, carrying the ball forward.

Fairly hyperbolic to say he's been as bad as lovner. Also debatable if Flanagan is better than him, had a decent 6 months when the team was flying, was poison before that.

Enrique is better than both but he plays FIFA and post pics online so he shouldn't get a look in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Rodgers left a lingering touch on the face.

Klopp already showing he's not going to make that mistake. Quick slap, onto the next player. Great technique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

corwill wrote: »
    He'll need more time with Bogdan on the training pitch before unleashing him in his natural trequartista role.
    We should never have sold Doni, could play all positions, sometimes at the same time;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Fairly hyperbolic to say he's been as bad as lovner. Also debatable if Flanagan is better than him, had a decent 6 months when the team was flying, was poison before that.

Enrique is better than both but he plays FIFA and post pics online so he shouldn't get a look in.

And isn't an ambi-turner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

_86178296_klopp13strides.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

^I wonder what percentage of that was in the first 15 minutes?

Still a good stat none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sadly I missed the game today but I think it's a good result to start with.

I like how he handled this interview, he's adjusting to language and English media style but he seems well able to handle them and has no time for stupid questions. It's gong to be fun when he's fully up and running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Given the injuries and limited time he had to prepare the side, I think we can be happy.

Mignolet, Sakho, Can and Lallana all performed very well. Didn't click in attack, but getting Hendo, Sturridge and Benteke back will undoubtedly help.

Biggest problem for me is Skrtel, he's a liability. Doesn't look like we have a viable alternative for the moment, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

murpho999 wrote: »
    I like how he handled this interview, he's adjusting to language and English media style but he seems well able to handle them and has no time for stupid questions. It's gong to be fun when he's fully up and running.

What I love is how honest he is about the performance. Even when talking about the chances in the game he admits while we had some they had the far better ones. Such genuineness about him when he talks which makes him really likable.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

He seems happy enough with that start. He seems to think Origi could turn into a good player, lets hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Ardent

Maybe I'm too lenient on him, I just think he can be a great fullback, awareness is definitely his major problem. I'm happy to have him starting in the team anyway.

Agreed. Moreno has qualities to become a great left back. I thought he played very well today for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Am I the only who thought Skretel was decent today. I don't remember him doing much wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What I love is how honest he is about the performance. Even when talking about the chances in the game he admits while we had some they had the far better ones. Such genuineness about him when he talks which makes him really likable.

I'd agree with this.. Klopp comes across as very down-to-earth, open, honest and sincere in the interviews I've seen.

You can't help but like the guy! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He seems happy enough with that start. He seems to think Origi could turn into a good player, lets hope so.

What was the point in asking him about Howard Kendall, totally stupid question to ask a German manager who's only in charge a week. The Englsh media really annoy me at times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

niallo27 wrote: »
    Am I the only who thought Skretel was decent today. I don't remember him doing much wrong.

Awful as usual, made to look even worse because Sakho is beside him and a far superior defender.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thought he gave a good account of himself. Three of his mistakes were from a sloppy pass to him and poor communication. He certainly looked more solid than in previous games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

murpho999 wrote: »
    What was the point in asking him about Howard Kendall, totally stupid question to ask a German manager who's only in charge a week. The Englsh media really annoy me at times.

Baffled by this also having watched it - asks him about someone he genuinely would have no clue about, his response was perfect though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Klopp has always been a likeable character. I doubt there are many people who don't like him. He's a far better manager than Rodgers and he's a far better personality for the media too.

Honesty is always best unlike Rodgers relentless positively.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Just my overlook on the squad so far:
    Goalkeeper: Mignolet looking fairly solid so far this season, no real urgent need to replace so I wouldn't yet, Bogdan is fine as a replacement
    Right-back: Clyne is one of the most solid in the league, very light on coverage, if he gets injured we would be fcuked there.
    Centre backs: Need improvement, Sakho is a top class defender but the rest are not good enough, Gomez is a great option for backup as well as possibly keeping Skrtel, but a new one should absolutely be bought in January, Skrtel has been leaking goals for years in defence.
    Left back: Moreno is fine for coverage but isn't ideally first team quality, would hope for a purchase in January but if not Enrique/ Moreno should be okay for now.
    Defensive Midfielder: I'd personally call them more deep lying midfielders than defensive but it's much of a muchness. Can will develop great in this position alongside a more solid player. Would like to see Henderson play here and switch out can for Lucas in harder games. I don't think he will be able to play the pressing game we should be aiming for.
    Attacking Midfielder: Coutinho and Firmino should be playing here when fit with another. Quality of third is decent (Lallana, Ibe, Origi etc.) But a big purchase here could make our team top quality.
    Striker: Extremely unlucky here at the moment, Sturridge out is almost expected, but coinciding with Ings and Benteke is very unlucky. Origi is fine as fourth choice but with Ings out for the season and Sturridge's history I would like another player here for January.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Awful as usual, made to look even worse because Sakho is beside him and a far superior defender.

Spot on! Sakho is much the better defender.. if only people could look beyond the clumsy look of Sakho they would truly appreciate how good he is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is sturridge out for long ?

Is sturridge out for long ?

Klopp said he should be ok by Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Provided nothing happens between now and then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I hope Sinclair gets a run out on Thursday, he would have got a couple of minutes had the ball went out of play at the end today.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭skydish79

Much wrong he gave a suicidal ball to lalanna, Kanes chance in the 1st half due to his mistackle/getting his legs crossed and falling over, Kane bullied him physically

Depends on what your opinion of decent is, but if its to give chances to the oposition then he had a bad game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

If we stick to a 4231 I can definitely see Can playing alongside a more dedicated defensive mid. When Henderson comes back I'd love to see him play in front of the two holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Flanagan will never be a better player than he has been while out injured.

Wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Am I the only who thought Skretel was decent today.

Well, I suppose there's Skrtel's ma. But that's about it. Not even his auld lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I have great time for Sahko. I think he is great defender. I just thought Skrtel was solid today. I though Lalanna was at fault for Kanes chance. I must look at it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I have great time for Sahko. I think he is great defender. I just thought Skrtel was solid today. I though Lalanna was at fault for Kanes chance. I must look at it again.

Lallana played a poor ball back to Skrtel but it was Skrtel who initially gave Lallana the ball in a horrible situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Henderson has alot more quality on the ball than Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I don't normally watch the manager's post match press conferences, even if the video links are put up here. But i can't stop watching Klopp's. He's really interesting to listen to.

Interesting that he says he wanted to sign Origi for Dortmund but lost out to Liverpool. He may well get more out of him that we expected. Origi doesn't look the bravest though

Stupid question to ask Klopp about Howard Kendell's death ffs. I think that was the Sky Sports News reporter, the one who was caught up in the Keys/Gray scandal and was suspended. He's a little bollix. Klopp dealt with the question perfectly.

I'm really impressed, though not actually surprised, with how well Klopp is handling the media so far.

Disappointed with Milner today. Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

What was klopps response to the Kendall question ?

• Advertisement

What was klopps response to the Kendall question ?

"I don't know Herr Kendall from a hole in the ground, vhich is appropriate!!"

germany-soccer-champions-league-71-390x285.jpg

Uh,oh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Ah here...

I'm mocking the asshat on Sky or BT who whoever the feck it was not Howard Kendall.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Bad form- not obvious who you are mocking at all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement