Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭klose

Feck off trying to buy agger

Sincerely,
    Every liverpool fan.

Good day kind sirs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Jesus the Arsenal A team called up no B players this year whats wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

We let someone else in there this year for sloppy seconds ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Any word if Joe is back for Sunday?

I think utd signing RVP eases the pressure on us somewhat but im still looking for us to sign some quality width. They have bought kagawa and RVP and will have Vidic back while we only have tevez and Rodwell to show for it so could be another tight season.

Not sure why Wenger is again allowing a Premier League club strengthen with one of his players, but while van Persie is obviously an excellent player, I'm glad he hasn't come to us. We have four excellent strikers as it is.

Also, United are still light in the centre of the park for me and I'd have been more worried had they signed De Rossi or Martinez for example.

It'll be a tight season no doubt but I think the Aguero/Tevez partnership looks awesome at the moment and *could* be the difference.

I'd also happily take Sinclair for some pace and width.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

RVP to utd is a great signing for them, and though i agree with Xavi, we still could do with someone fresh in the midfield.

the best signing of the summer was no. 4, Kompany. its his number i want on my shirt for 12-13.

and i will reiterate my displeasure at tevez still being in the team.

Lescott is 30 today! didnt realise he was that old for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Feck off trying to buy agger

Sincerely,
    Every liverpool fan.

Good day kind sirs :D

Think you should be saying that to Agger. It's he who is liking all other clubs and dying for a move away. He likes Barca now doesn't he? Delighted he's not going to be a City player tbh, but feel sorry for him at the same time. At least he has ambition I guess :D
    Xavi6 wrote: »

Really? Rodwell is a bit of a gamble, but could pay off. Sinclair is a bit of a headless chicken to be fair and nowhere good enough for a top 4 side.

Really? Rodwell is a bit of a gamble, but could pay off. Sinclair is a bit of a headless chicken to be fair and nowhere good enough for a top 4 side.

Apparently Sinclair has said he won't sign another contract with Swansea. I'd take him. Good age, out and pacy winger and would be a great impact sub when defenders are tired.

Worth a punt imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Like the Rodwell deal was kept under wraps I expect another major signing soon,not Agger but a top defender.

Tis gonna be a great season especially with everyone around us improving significantly

• Advertisement

Apparently Sinclair has said he won't sign another contract with Swansea. I'd take him. Good age, out and pacy winger and would be a great impact sub when defenders are tired.

Worth a punt imo.

Most of my opinion has been based on my mate who was Marketing Manager for Swansea last season, moved to operations this year. He started off working with City. He has very little to say about Sinclair apart from him being frustrating. And the fact that he won't sign a new contract is because he thinks he is better than he is.

He left Chelsea so he would play first team football, now he has he thinks he is good enough to play top 4. I know we need a quality winger but I would prefer Johnson as a sub to him. Milner and Kolarov offer more, especially in the new 3-4-1-2 formation. If we were to move for him we would end up paying over the odds for another fringe player. We should be concentrating on lightening the reserves before bringing more in.

On another note, bit worried about the Kolo situation. Apparentl Yaya is none pleased with the decision to offload him and no new contract offered. Unless some resolution is got we might have Yaya handing in a transfer request.

City aren't following up on Biton
    Manchester City will not be following up their interest in Israel international Nir Biton.

The Blues played the 20-year-old midfielder against Arsenal in the tour match in Beijing. He also spent time at Carrington last season. City were interested in taking Biton on loan but work permit regulations don’t allow for loans and City were not convinced of the 6ft 5in player.

The Blues have also put the future of striker John Guidetti on hold until he recovers from a nervous problem which caused him to lose sensation in his right leg. Guidetti is not expected to be fit until the end of October at the earliest

City insist they have not made another bid for Italy star Daniele de Rossi, despite claims they have lodged a £33m offer with his club Roma, while another summer target, Javi Martinez, has joined Bayern Munich for £31m.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1586477_nir-biton-left-on-the-side-by-manchester-city

Not long left to laud over Utd fans, or rplay that wonder goal. 1 day 16 hours 50 minutes till we do it all again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Not long left to laud over Utd fans, or rplay that wonder goal. 1 day 16 hours 50 minutes till we do it all again :D

As much as I dislike to say so, but your sig is quite good!

NUTZZ wrote: »
    As much as I dislike to say so, but your sig is quite good!

Haha. Cheers. Don't know how I came across it. Somebody had set up a website selling tshirts with the logo but it closed all of a sudden, don't know why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Silva likely to play on Sunday?

Silva likely to play on Sunday?

I'd say so. He was rested for the charity shield due to long run in the euros. But he should start in the hole on Sunday. Will be interesting how many games he will play this year with Nasri rotating in that position with him. But can't see him being rested for a while as its only the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Hiya lads!!!!!!!:D

What's the story?????? Are we ready for another mental year as CITY supporters??

Personally I'm ****ting myself but cannot wait!!! Wooohhooooo!!!!!!!111:)

GO CITY!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think we sang this yet on here, so while we still have time...

It'll only be 9 months till we're singing it again :)
    #TOGETHER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Worth a punt imo.

Seriously? Don't get me wrong, I quite like Sinclair and think he is a good player but you should be aiming higher.

City are the EPL champions and have buckets of cash. Only world class players should be considered.

Don't mess up the champions league this year. Put in a good show....maybe last 4 and then damn near every player will be dying to sign for you. Why would you want to slum it with Chelsea rejects?

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Seriously? Don't get me wrong, I quite like Sinclair and think he is a good player but you should be aiming higher.

City are the EPL champions and have buckets of cash. Only world class players should be considered.

Don't mess up the champions league this year. Put in a good show....maybe last 4 and then damn near every player will be dying to sign for you. Why would you want to slum it with Chelsea rejects?

In some ways I agree with you about world class players but there's always the issue about keeping everyone happy. Someone like Sinclair is more likely to accept a bit part role than a big money, high earning superstar.

I'd see him as an Adam Johnson type signing in terms of the role played in the squad, and I think we need a few of those with (hopefully) a lot of games to play this year.

Well I feel silly, questioning Aggers discipline... oh wait, a red card is not a good indication of this. Was nowhere inspiring today. I hope it has detered Roberto from following interest now. It'll make me and all Liverpool fans happy to know he won't be coming to City :D

The real stuff gets going today, cannot wait for the game.

Admittedly it won't be as good as last time out though (any excuse to post it!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Excited for today great to be back!

I'm really not keen on Sinclair even Swansea fans are happy yo see him leave for 5-8m. I'd rather take a punt on an unknown foreigner or ideally keep Johnson.

Interesting to see if we stick with same formation from pre season today, I think today will be v tight, prob one nil to us.

Talk escalating that De Rossi has agreed to join us for £190k a week. Italian press are reporting it but haven't seen mention of a fee. Would be an unreal signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Talk escalating that De Rossi has agreed to join us for £190k a week. Italian press are reporting it but haven't seen mention of a fee. Would be an unreal signing.

without any doubt.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Where did the summer go?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hart

Richards Kompany Lescott Clichey

Yaya De Rosi

Silva Tevez Nasri

Kun

That's a scarily good team.

Rodwell starts!

Hart, Zab, Clichy, Lescott, Kompany, Rodwell, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero

• Advertisement

Best. Shirt. Ever.

A0qsIiBCMAEnLMJ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Don't understand Rodwell starting at all. He's only new to the team, putting him straight in makes no sense unless Mancini thought it was an easy game and we know he's made that mistake before.

Any info on Kuns injury? Was worrying they way they were examining the back of his knee. Could point to cruciate injury.

Huge loss too early in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Any info on Kuns injury? Was worrying they way they were examining the back of his knee. Could point to cruciate injury.

Just seen this.
    “I am worried about Sergio because anything around the knee is dangerous and this injury was so strange. We will have to wait, but we are not sure exactly what the problem is at this point,” said the City boss.

“We will know more after he has had a scan. Until then, we must wait.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Given he walked off the pitch I don't think it's too serious. I'd say it's a strain. Hope I'm right.

Scuba Ste wrote: »

Given he walked off the pitch I don't think it's too serious. I'd say it's a strain. Hope I'm right.

Hope so to, but a cruciate wouldnt stop you walking, plus he was stretchered out of stadium. Fingers crossed its all just precaution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Sergio Aguero ‏@aguerosergiokun
    The studies I had done revealed there's no significant injury but it was a very tough hit to my knee.

Fingers firmly crossed for the results of the MRI. Best case scenario is a severe twist and a few weeks out which is manageable. Anything longer requiring an op will be a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Heard Aguero out for six months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Fingers firmly crossed for the results of the MRI. Best case scenario is a severe twist and a few weeks out which is manageable. Anything longer requiring an op will be a disaster.

A disaster? City have so many strikers you can't give them away

Heard Aguero out for six months?

Really? What's the confirmed injury?
    greendom wrote: »
    A disaster? City have so many strikers you can't give them away

I'd call losing a striker who scored 30 goals last season a disaster, yes.

• Advertisement

Really? What's the confirmed injury?

I'd call losing a striker who scored 30 goals last season a disaster, yes.

It's bad news obviously, but you have plenty of options up front - no need to hit the panic button.

It's bad news obviously, but you have plenty of options up front - no need to hit the panic button.

I disagree. If you look at the other options -

Tevez: Let's be honest, he *could* have another strop at any time even if he does look super at the moment.

Dzeko: Apparently wants out due to not playing regularly, has hardly set the world alight.

Balotelli: Hit and miss. Again, you don't know what you're going to get.

Adebayor / Santa Cruz: Will never play for the club again.

Guidetti: Has been out through illness since May or so and is still some way away from being fit.

Basically Aguero has been the only consistently excellent striker for us over the past 12 months, he's the one we do not want to lose for any amount of time.

IMO he's the best striker in the league and none of the others will make up for it.

I disagree. If you look at the other options -

Tevez: Let's be honest, he *could* have another strop at any time even if he does look super at the moment.

Dzeko: Apparently wants out due to not playing regularly, has hardly set the world alight.

Balotelli: Hit and miss. Again, you don't know what you're going to get.

Adebayor / Santa Cruz: Will never play for the club again.

Guidetti: Has been out through illness since May or so and is still some way away from being fit.

Basically Aguero has been the only consistently excellent striker for us over the past 12 months, he's the one we do not want to lose for any amount of time.

IMO he's the best striker in the league and none of the others will make up for it.

A lot of those issues seem to be to do with having such a large squad. Since he came back last Spring though Tevez has looked really up for it. Mancini could have sold Balotelli this Summer after his performance in the Euros so he obviously believes he has plenty still to offer. Dzeko is a good option that many clubs would be delighted with.

If things really are as bad as you say with the squad though and if the injury does prove to be serious, you're lucky that it happened while the transfer window is still open

you're lucky that it happened while the transfer window is still open

I know what you're saying about the others, and I hope they will step up to the plate now if the worst is confirmed.

On the above, I'm not so sure it is a good thing. Of course we can go buy someone but would it just end up a panic buy? Can't really think of anyone who could do the same job or be a better option than the others.

Buying for the sake of buying so to speak.

I know what you're saying about the others, and I hope they will step up to the plate now if the worst is confirmed.

On the above, I'm not so sure it is a good thing. Of course we can go buy someone but would it just end up a panic buy? Can't really think of anyone who could do the same job or be a better option than the others.

Buying for the sake of buying so to speak.

Agreed. Tevez is too volatile and with the injury to Aguero, it wouldn't be surprising if he threw a strop knowing that he is needed again. Balotelli was kept for a reason and I think he will have an excellent season this year, but none of that covers how much of a loss Aguero is to the team, he is our main striker.

And besides, if you did go down the panic buy route, who would you get to replace him? Nobody is available that is anywhere near as good as him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Aguero injury has me freaked. Would even have taken an injury to Silva over him I reckon. Such a hero.

Oh and not least because I put money on our front four out scoring Uniteds this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

niallo24 wrote: »
    Aguero injury has me freaked. Would even have taken an injury to Silva over him I reckon. Such a hero.

Oh and not least because I put money on our front four out scoring Uniteds this season!

Has anything been confirmed on his injury yet? I'm a United fan but genuinely hope it's not a serious one, hate to see a classy talent sidelined like that even if him playing is bad for us.

Has anything been confirmed on his injury yet? I'm a United fan but genuinely hope it's not a serious one, hate to see a classy talent sidelined like that even if him playing is bad for us.

Nothing definitive yet until the scan can confirm whats wrong.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2012/August/City-v-Saints-Mancini-reaction

Just saw a few tweets from a fairly reliable City fan on twitter saying Jovetic could be on his way to us. Not exactly superstar material and I don't rate him as highly as some so hopefully your man is off the mark.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement