Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 NEW WARNING FROM MODS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Still nothing confirmed as yet....hurry up Moysie. Oviedo, Nzonzi and 1 more would be nice

Oviedo confirmed. Essien next?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

According to sky sports we are having a wee sniff at Jack Butland - definitely wouldn't say no to him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Looks like we got that young fella Matthew Kennedy from Kilmarnock. 17 year old winger... looks good for his age. I would imagine he will go into the academy/reserves though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

If things stay as they are it will be one of nicest transfer deadlines in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Great window!

Starting lineup from these;
    Howard, Neville, Hibbert, Jags, Distin, Heitinga, Baines, Oviedo, Gibson, Fellaini, Coleman, Osman, Pienaar, Naismith, Mirallas, Jelavic.

In reserve;
    Mucha, Gueye, Barkley, Vellios, Duffy, Garbutt, McAleny, Kennedy, Junior, Anichebe.

edit: and another one in late :D Vadis Odjidja Ofoe, another Belgian! We're going to drum up wicked profits from selling chips with mayo at Goodison. Also can't wait to hear Paul Merson try to say this guy's name.

Hopefully that loan signing will prosper seems like a typical Moyes type player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Stength in depth across every position now.

GK: Howard, Mucha

LB: Baines, Oviedo, Distin
    CB: Jags, Heitinga, Distin
    RB: Hibbo, Neville, Coleman

DM: Gibson, Ofoe, Heitinga, Neville, Fellaini
    CM: Fellaini, Osman, Ofoe, Pienaar
    AM: Naismith, Fellaini, Mirallas, Osman, Pienaar
    LM: Pienaar, Oviedo, Naismith, Gueye
    RM: Mirallas, Naismith, Osman, Coleman

CF: Jelavic, Mirallas, Vellios, Anichebe

Couldn't help but have a quick peak through some Liverpool message boards last night. Yesterday they went through exactly what we've been going through pretty much every other deadline day. Wouldn't mind another winger in Jan on loan to cover for Pienaar during the ACON. Maybe Donovan part III?

Hope Gibsons injury isn't serious. Team totally different without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

A lot of disappointing performances today.

• Advertisement

Meh, I'd have been happy with a draw, not all that surprised at the defeat. I think (Gibson injury aside) the international break is coming at a bad time for us, would have been great to go into it unbeaten.

But let's be honest, we all knew where the game was going as soon as he brought Hibbert on for Gibson and put Neville in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

x2_e856338

From the Everton Club Shop. Touch of class and appreciated

- a Liverpool fan

Everton played in the other semi final that day. It could easily of been our fans not coming home.

Shane Duffy has signed a new 3 year deal to stay at Goodison. I really hope this lad makes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

****!

Robbed! We played really well tonight though. Only let down for me was Osman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I was there the last time we drew 2-2 with Newcastle and it was almost as sickening that day - throwing away a 2 goal lead and looking toothless for the remaining 40mins after the equaliser!

Haven't been this sickened in a while.

Great performance today, thought it might be a dodgy fixture but we passed with flying colours - fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Hi lads,

Bringing my two young toffees to the Southampton game next Sat.

Can anyone tell me best way to get to Goodison from John Lennon airport ?

Think taxi is steep so alternatives welcome !

Tks

• Advertisement

Hi lads,

Tks
    Taxi is about £7 from the city centre. The buses can be a bit manic if you're heading up there after 1.30 or so. It's about 3 miles from the centre so not unwalkable if you were looking to see the city.

You can get a bus from the airport to the city centre too. They leave fairly regularly.

I hope your lads enjoy the game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭jpjc05

Hi lads,

Tks

Havent been over since last year but when I go over i do buy the Saveaway bus/train ticket. You can buy them from the Tourist information desk at JL airport. http://www.merseyrail.org/tickets/saveaway.html

Its a day travel pass that will cover your bus from/to airport and train to/from the ground via soccerbus all for about 3 pound. You'll find info about the soccerbus here. http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/publicationarticle.asp?articleid=1912&catid=8

So once in the city centre all you need to do is use your Saveaway ticket to get train to Sandhills station and jump on a shuttle bus to Goodison. Same on the way back just make sure to ask where the bus picks up from after the game as its a different spot to where you're dropped off.

Hitzlsperger on a free ? Well lets see if he is free its worth the wages gamble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Hitzlsperger on a free ? Well lets see if he is free its worth the wages gamble.

Well we won't be signing him for a week or two if we do sign him!

I see him as a left sided midfielder and I am very unsure of his credentials in the defensive midfield role which is where we are short....so I'm not sure what problem we would solve by signing him.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Well we won't be signing him for a week or two if we do sign him!

I see him as a left sided midfielder and I am very unsure of his credentials in the defensive midfield role which is where we are short....so I'm not sure what problem we would solve by signing him.

He scored about 3 or 4 screamers for Villa (iirc), never saw him do much else - I'd rather wait till January and get Landon if more attacking options are required

Laois_Man wrote: »
    He played in the centre for Germany in Euro 2008 iirc.

Good mix of a team for tonight's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

Looking forward to seeing Junior get a run out as I have not seen much (if anything) of him so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Is it true that Everton fans who travelled to Leeds yesterday were attacked by police ?

I heard they chanted 'Justice for the 96' and 'Yorkshire police, murders', after which the police used batons on some of them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Is it true that Everton fans who travelled to Leeds yesterday were attacked by police ?

I heard they chanted 'Justice for the 96' and 'Yorkshire police, murders', after which the police used batons on some of them ?

There was hassle after the game alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/09/26/seven-arrests-at-leeds-united-vs-everton-fc-game-video-100252-31910111/

SEVEN people were arrested at Everton FC’s away game in the Capital One Cup against Leeds United last night.

West Yorkshire Police and some fans clashed with supporters chanting “Police Murderers” and “Justice for the 96”.

Fans said batons and truncheons were used against them by police.

The police claimed that “what trouble occurred was isolated and attributable to the actions of a small minority of visiting supporters numbering no more than 50”.

West Yorkshire Police released a statement this morning.

It said a white double decker bus had originally been booked by a group “purporting to be visiting the Dewsbury Rams Rugby League ground”.

“When the fans got on the bus, the driver was then directed to Elland Road but the fans alighted before reaching the stadium.”

The police said about a dozen from this group are believed to have gone to the Peacock pub opposite Elland Road Stadium and “chanted provocatively before being ejected from the premises”.

During the match, a number of smoke bombs were let off in the West stand, which following the use of the stadium CCTV, led to the identification and arrest of one man.

“Following the match, the same group who had entered the Peacock public house gathered in the West stand car park and again chanted provocatively amongst a congested crowd that were dispersing in an orderly manner.

“They were dispersed by officers assisted by stewards of the club.”

In total seven people were arrested. West Yorkshire Police said they were now looking a footage to see if they could bring football banning orders.

There is also a rumour/claim by a few that were at the game last night that two policemen were goading those singing Justice For The 96 by shouting back "The S*n was right"

The version I have heard about the singing is that Blues all lined up and started chanting outside the ground and that the police made the first move with regards to violence and that the Blue support did not throw anything or hit anyone before the police moved in..

Will be interesting in the coming days to see what turns up on youtube and the like.

2nd in the league and Wigan next :D

Only saw the 2nd half yesterday. I think for all the good play sometimes we lack concentration at the back.

But saying that I prefer Heitigna over Distin at the moment.

Heading to the Wigan game on Saturday :D

Voltwad wrote: »
    Heading to the Wigan game on Saturday :D

Nice one. It's one of our best attended away games. Was going to do it last year but something came up.

• Advertisement

Steven Pienaar has retired from International Duty meaning he won't be playing in the African Cup of Nations this January :D

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Steven Pienaar has retired from International Duty meaning he won't be playing in the African Cup of Nations this January :D

Hate when we lose players to that. I wonder is the Pieman just trying to avoid the outstanding assault charges against him in SA.

Hopefully 3 points today before the international break. Fancy Jelavic to nick a goal or 2

Ref gave us nothing today

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Hopefully 3 points today before the international break. Fancy Jelavic to nick a goal or 2

I'm ok with an away point today. The ref obviously isn't a fan of ours.

• Advertisement

A point was a fair result. We didn't defend well enough to earn the 3 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Everton sign Thomas Hitzlsperger on short-term deal
    Everton have signed German midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger on a short-term contract until January, subject to international clearance.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Jason Todd wrote: »

Hummm, not sure how I feel about this right now. Is he being brought in as cover for someone with a long term injury?

SickBoy wrote: »
    Hummm, not sure how I feel about this right now. Is he being brought in as cover for someone with a long term injury?

I think its because we didn't get that Belgian central midfielder with the awkward name. The injury to Gibson only highlighted the need for cover in this area. By the looks of it he's just there til we get Ofoe, or whatever his name, is in Jan.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Why not sign him? Decent cover.

I'm not paying to put Hitzelspergur on the back of my young fellas jersey.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hope he scores a few thundering left footers this season (just not against United please!).

penev10 wrote: »
    I think its because we didn't get that Belgian central midfielder with the awkward name. The injury to Gibson only highlighted the need for cover in this area. By the looks of it he's just there til we get Ofoe, or whatever his name, is in Jan.

I still can't pronounce that fellas name. I though Bilyaltidinov(sp) was difficult :D

Welcome, Hammer. One 30-yarder in the derby, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Lets just worry about getting 3 points on Sunday 1st please. 2 points dropped v a team we should be getting 3 from last time out v Wigan we should be getting 3 points and nothing more this week.
    Then bring on the derby

I don't think the Wigan result was that awful. They turned up on the day, there's not a lot we can do about that. Yeah it's disappointing considering where we are, but we'd have lost that game last season, without a doubt.

I think we will get 4 points from the next two games and I'd rather drop the points at QPR than Liverpool ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement