Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

FFS... 4-1 is still on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

great start :/

I did say 4-1 though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Sounds like a good goal by Nunez. Hoping when Clayton is brought back in at the weekend, he won't be dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Missed the Nunez goal to got to the toilet... Better replay it at HT...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

what were the goals like lads and sarah?

• Advertisement

what were the goals like lads and sarah?

First was bad by us, but I missed the 2nd. just in the door, stupid exercise!

Leeds fans sound amazing ( as usual!)

Nunez scored for leeds. more donny than leeds according to the twitterwhites

extra time and pens if it ends in a draw.

OH NO!!! WHITE GONE OFF INJURED!!!

Not serious enough to be a stretcher, thankfully. Just hope he isn't rushed back if he's going to be out for any time.

G.K. wrote: »
    Not serious enough to be a stretcher, thankfully. Just hope he isn't rushed back if he's going to be out for any time.

I think they have learnt their lesson about bring back players before they are fully fit

Paddy coming on now I think. O'Dea is limping.

edit. O'Brien gone off, 3320 Leeds fans with an 8000ish crowd.

NUNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-1 GET IN!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Nunez makes it two.

He can't be left out of the squad Saturday surely?

I wouldn't put it past Grayson.

As for coming in the only playrs he can really replace are Gradel or Ross which would be hard on both.

I wouldn't put it past Grayson.

As for coming in the only playrs he can really replace are Gradel or Ross which would be hard on both.

Nunez is a fricking beast.

Just saw the goals from the west ham game, that was some clinical finish from paddy :D

#winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,065 ✭✭✭✭event

if he drops nunez at the weekend he's a ****ing idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

just seen the goals there on sky sports news, nunez two goals were both crackers, he has to start on saturday!

maximoose wrote: »
    Nunez is a fricking beast.

a fricking beast whose contract expires in the summer!
    It was good work on behalf of Grayson to only give him a short term contract but in all fairness to the guy I think he's proven that he's worth an extension.
    Just get out the tipex on Paynter's contract and change the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

The two from Nunez just on SSN there. Sweetly taken strikes! Now how to fit him into the starting XI for the league??

• Advertisement

Goals:

http://dai.ly/nJsliJ

Not brilliant quality video but goals visible all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

The question with Nunez is who do you drop? Gradel, Snoddy, Howson or McCormack? Also, should we cash in on Gradel or Snoddy, hope nunez continues form for the season and use the money to strengthen CB. The goal we gave away tonight was laughable again. The only problem is Bates might use the money to put a hotel at each stand!

darrenh wrote: »
    The question with Nunez is who do you drop? Gradel, Snoddy, Howson or McCormack? Also, should we cash in on Gradel or Snoddy, hope nunez continues form for the season and use the money to strengthen CB. The goal we gave away tonight was laughable again. The only problem is Bates might use the money to put a hotel at each stand!

yao-ming-meme.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Paddy McCourt would be a good signing. I can't understand why this very useful can't get a game in the SPL. Seemingly Liverpool were interested in him after the exhibition he gave recently for Northern Ireland.

we dont need wingers though.

a striker and a CB

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭fred252

nunez and keogh up front for ipswich?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

fred252 wrote: »
    nunez and keogh up front for ipswich?

That's the only way I'd say he will fit in the squad with Gradel and Snodgrass fit.

This sounds good: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20110824/ea-sports-joins-partner-programme_2247585_2429393

I'm a big Fifa fan, and so far I've only read that Man City and Fulham are included in this. I've read that the teams will look more realistic with exclusive content.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7124337,00.html

Gradel being linked with clubs again.

That coupled with Bates' comments about the West Ham bid for him earlier in the season which went something along the lines of (west ham had made an offer and that was to be paid in stages. If Leeds accepted it then Gradel would be retired by the time they would receive the last payment).

I know most of what exits Bates mouth is crap but he's basically saying that Max is for sale once we get the money up front. I guess Bates wants to spend it before he dies.

I like Gradel but he can be a liability. Could we get over 3m for him with his contract expiring in the summer?

Might as well keep him for another season, not like Bates'll spend the money on the team.

• Advertisement

I was all for keeping Schmeichel when all we could recoup was 1m but if we could get anywhere near 4-5m for Max I'd be very tempted.
    Even if we got half the money towards transfers and wages it would be a huge boost.

Nunez looks to be the part so we wouldn't have to go out and spend money on a first choice replacement for him.

We'd surely be able to get a good center back and left back for 2m and tie down some of the other players on longer contracts to prevent this happening every single season.

Perhaps get Keogh on a permanent transfer if he keeps up his early season performances.

Maybe even bring in a younger enforcer in midfield.

reports its us and blackburn in for lansbury

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭championc

I was all for keeping Schmeichel when all we could recoup was 1m but if we could get anywhere near 4-5m for Max I'd be very tempted.
    Even if we got half the money towards transfers and wages it would be a huge boost.

Nunez looks to be the part so we wouldn't have to go out and spend money on a first choice replacement for him.

We'd surely be able to get a good center back and left back for 2m and tie down some of the other players on longer contracts to prevent this happening every single season.

Perhaps get Keogh on a permanent transfer if he keeps up his early season performances.

Maybe even bring in a younger enforcer in midfield.

The main issue seems to be the fact that, while in the C'Ship, we'll only pay C'Ship wages - no matter how good a player is. So only when we reach the Prem, will Prem wage levels (even the low end) be even looked at. If an exception was made, paying a player higher than others, then other players expectations will also increase and this is really why the club are not keen to stump up some serious cash for anyone.

So while the club may offer Max a deal on the basis of raising his wages if we got to the Prem, Max would lose out if we don't get there, so therefore, a player who has the chance to reap higher rewards would be mad not to jump at the chance - and you can't blame a player for this.

People wondering about whether Nunez will start tomorrow - he certainly will if Gradel is nearing the exit door. There's no value in an injured player so we'll all be waiting for the starting eleven with bated breath.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Birmingham game postponed..ugh..sickener!! Had flights booked for that match :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Bad one man, commiserations. First I've heard about it being postponed must check out why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

I liked Grella at first, he's great technique but for whatever reasons it all went sour. Best of luck to him at the Bees.

Bad one man, commiserations. First I've heard about it being postponed must check out why.

Europa league perhaps?

And yeah, that sucks...unlucky dude

you see, this is why I am so cautious about booking flights.
    Its madness.

wonder will O'Dea and Keogh get a run out against Slovakia next wk. especially Keogh playing so well at the mo. Im going :)

We got Man U at home in the Cup!!! Can't wait!

anyone considering going?

game will be on the 21st or 22nd. you can fly out on the evening, be in leeds at 18:55. fly home the next morning at 06:30, so kip in the airport. works out at €30 or so.

if you fly out in the morning and land in leeds at 10:25 and home next day at 06:30 again, €24

anyone know how easy or hard it would be to get tickets?
    will they sell them on the site or will it be to members only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭championc

Scum playing Chelsea on 18th so will be resting players.

Team today same as started against the Hammers.

Audio on ustream - mighty-whites

event wrote: »
    anyone considering going?

game will be on the 21st or 22nd. you can fly out on the evening, be in leeds at 18:55. fly home the next morning at 06:30, so kip in the airport. works out at €30 or so.

if you fly out in the morning and land in leeds at 10:25 and home next day at 06:30 again, €24

anyone know how easy or hard it would be to get tickets?
    will they sell them on the site or will it be to members only

Was looking at the filghts on ryan air. they won't be that cheap next week. Any idea when they will announce the date? Wouldn't it be the tue 20th/ wed 21st rather than 21st/22nd. I'd say Wednesday since Man U are on Sunday.

I'm hoping there will be tickets available, priority will go to season ticket holders and members.

yeah, it'll be on the wednesday id imagine. might book them anyway, its only €25, should get a ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Leeds

01 Lonergan
    03 Kisnorbo
    22 Lees
    28 White
    48 O'Dea
    07 Gradel
    14 Howson
    15 Clayton
    23 Snodgrass
    38 Keogh
    44 McCormack

Nunez on bench

Ipswich

13 Stockdale
    03 Cresswell
    05 Delaney
    31 Sonko
    06 Leadbitter
    07 Edwards
    09 Emmanuel-Thomas
    15 Andrews
    39 Kennedy
    10 Chopra
    27 Murphy

1 up, McCormack goal from a Snoddy assist. Sounds like we could be 2 or 3 up

Christ Lorimer is an awful commentator, talk about the match please!

Beating ipswich - 3 points

Getting one over on kieth andrews for rejecting us over them - priceless

WTF happened with White?!

O'Brien on. We might as well be down to 9 men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

What was White sent off for?

AOB to concede a peno and score an OG...

Lose 2-1:mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement