Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Palace the only club with zero points after conceding first goal.... Till today of course.

Sounds strangely familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

this is disgraceful.

Any reason de jong isnt starting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

giving the ball away cheap and no desire to win it back, no leadership no hope, dummett needs to go as does colo and anita, colback nothing more than a squad player, sissoko missing as usual
    going down for sure

Lovely

Shower of wasters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Oh god. Newcastle are doomed

Colocini Is done.
    Take him off now. he may aswell be a statue.

Dont understand why we eve play anita...or even 2DM when we still get over ran near every game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Newcastle need a big clearout of players. They should just assemble a whole new squad for next year. I know that's not realisic in terms of getting rid of everyone in one swoop, but they are a pathetic bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So that bollocking McClaren gave the players... Good to see it worked well.

Oh.

Coloccni is actually an embarrassment to this club. Worst captain ever and maybe the worst captain in the history of the EPL.

McClaren need to be sacked too. Right away.

Keeping Coloccni as captain was an atrocious blunder and thats set the tone. None of those players respect him or will play for him.

He needs to be sacked.

• Advertisement

If this is the reaction you get after a bollocking the simple fact is the players are not listening. A very average palace side, who lost at home to Sunderland last week, have absolutely trounced us today.

It just keeps getting worse and worse.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    McClaren need to be sacked too. Right away.

Keeping Coloccni as captain was an atrocious blunder and thats set the tone. None of those players respect him or will play for him.

He needs to be sacked.

Promlem for me is there is nobody better than an awful Coloccini. Huge holes in the squad in critical positions meaning that the woeful players keep getting played. There is nobody else.

McLaren part of the problem for sure, should never have been hired. Was on an awful run when we signed him

I hate this football club. I absolutely hate supporting it and I dread match days.

Don't know how much longer I can do this lads.

I hate this football club. I absolutely hate supporting it and I dread match days.

Don't know how much longer I can do this lads.

Don't know what it is going to take for the fans to walk away. I know they have in huge numbers, and St. James is audibly poorer for it, but we need half empty stadium for weeks.

Liverpool and spurs next. So we will likely be bottom at Christmas. Can't think of any fixture where I would expect anything other than a loss

Need to buy big in january and hope its not to little to late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,419 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

After all the sackpardew.com stuff that went on last year this is schadenfreude gold.

Delighted for this pathetic club and its equally pathetic fans.

After all the sackpardew.com stuff that went on last year this is schadenfreude gold.

That's cute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That campaign didn't reflect well on the geordies. But you bringing up again serves no useful purpose either. Time to let it go.

blueser wrote: »
    That campaign didn't reflect well on the geordies. But you bringing up again serves no useful purpose either. Time to let it go.

Have to say I'm perfectly fine with the removal of pardew. Failure to install a manager for 6 month after that is an absolute joke though. Then bringing in McLaren, although admittedly early, also looks like a mistake. To say it's all down to us sackings pardew and we are getting our just deserts is at best misinformed

Let's not forget that pardew had only won a handful of games in 2014,8 perhaps? 5 of those in a run before he got sacked glossed over his last year somewhat. We also barely avoided being relegated.

Just because you replace a Lada with a Austin Metro doesn't mean the Lada was any good either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I was asked before whether or not McClaren would get the chop given how Ashley supported Pardew for longer than he really should have.

With the influx of TV money, I don't think Ashley will risk us (him) losing out on that gold mine.

We're only going one way at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Just got home and checked the result. Not sure how shocked I am but we should be beating the likes of palace week in week out. Seems everyone has improved except Newcastle. I had so much optimism this season now that all gone. I don't see games live thankfully and I will be in no rush to. Money was thrown at mclaren so the buck needs to stop with him. Ashley is going nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That_Guy wrote: »
    I was asked before whether or not McClaren would get the chop given how Ashley supported Pardew for longer than he really should have.

With the influx of TV money, I don't think Ashley will risk us (him) losing out on that gold mine.

We're only going one way at the moment.

There's only so much difference a manager can make though. I don't think McClaren is a great manager by any means, but he's not helped by managing a squad full of lazy mercenaries who don't love the club. Only a world class manager could keep the club up with this group of players, and Newcastle are in no position to attract one. A massive clear out is needed in January with players brought in who want to see the club succeed, not there just earning a payslip.

Don't hold back pal. Tell us how you really feel. ;)

martyos121 wrote: »
    There's only so much difference a manager can make though. I don't think McClaren is a great manager by any means, but he's not helped by managing a squad full of lazy mercenaries who don't love the club. Only a world class manager could keep the club up with this group of players, and Newcastle are in no position to attract one. A massive clear out is needed in January with players brought in who want to see the club succeed, not there just earning a payslip.

The problem is the transfer policy. Buy cheap, sell big. A stepping stone club as it were. The big issue is that you have players there who are angling away for a bigger move who haven't yet got it.

Sissoko, Cisse, Colo, Anita etc just aren't fit for purpose anymore.

They don't care. I can say I'm fed up sitting on a couch of a weekend but those who pump thousands of money into a club on ST's and petrol money to head to games are the real victims in all of this.

The worry now is that teams around us are putting up a fight or at least showing that they can fight. We have nothing left and it's tiring to churn out the same things week in and week out.

The simple fact is McClaren read these players the riot act during the week and then this happened. They don't play for him and they don't respect him.

His position is untenable.

7am training session for the lads tomorrow.

Delighted to see McLaren actually challenging the culture of failure and apathy at the club.

Failing managers and lazy players accepting heavy defeat after heavy defeat without any repercussions is the reason we are in this state. Tis an all or nothing call from McLaren

He can call them in all he likes but it does nothing to quell the continual failings of a group of players that just don't care.

McClaren will walk before he's pushed I reckon.

He can call them in all he likes but it does nothing to quell the continual failings of a group of players that just don't care.

McClaren will walk before he's pushed I reckon.

Looks like a final stand alright. Doubt he'll be signing any non disclosure agreement either

Pardew took nufc from 5th one season to barely escaping relegation with the same squad the next, and scraping relegation the next.

Should have been sacked long before he was. The culture of failure and the acceptance of it is the reason we were rubbish and is the reason we still are. Top down issue

• Advertisement

Stay classy Soccer forum, stay classy.

This place is the drizzling ****s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

There was rightly some discussion of Pardew having his current team face the one he had a fractious relationship with fans etc. and hammering them, but its degenerated now to some pretty petty posts, so if anyone wants to glow in Pardews glory and ego, he has his very own thread. There's loads to discuss about the current incumbents at all levels and the game itself rather than what Pardew did or didn't achieve at Newcastle. I'm sure he can be revisited here once the dust settles. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Stay classy Soccer forum, stay classy.

This place is the drizzling ****s.

So now you're taking your frustrations out on Boards members; all the while, Mike Ashley is sitting on his ass waiting for Rangers to get promoted and qualify for Europe, so he can turn Ibrox into a stadium-shaped billboard for SportDirect.com for the wider European audience. Ashley knows it will take a shítload of money to compete with the top 4 in England, so he's aiming his sights on an inferior league to market is company in, as rangers have a better chance of qualifying for the Champions League in the near future than Newcastle do.

I also can't believe some of you guys are STILL blaming the squad's low morale on Pardew, when the reality is, the squad and staff know the club isn't going nowhere fast under Ashley and then you also have to factor in the fact that Newcastle have one of the worst injury records over the last 3 seasons.

The club problems go way beyond the manager and replacing isn't going to fix things, but I doubt that will stop some of the posters here from scapegoating the next manager of Newcastle, like yous done with Pardew and now with McClaren.

So now you're taking your frustrations out on Boards members; all the while, Mike Ashley is sitting on his ass waiting for Rangers to get promoted and qualify for Europe, so he can turn Ibrox into a stadium-shaped billboard for SportDirect.com for the wider European audience. Ashley knows it will take a shítload of money to compete with the top 4 in England, so he's aiming his sights on an inferior league to market is company in, as rangers have a better chance of qualifying for the Champions League in the near future than Newcastle do.

I also can't believe some of you guys are STILL blaming the squad's low morale on Pardew, when the reality is, the squad and staff know the club isn't going nowhere fast under Ashley and then you also have to factor in the fact that Newcastle have one of the worst injury records over the last 3 seasons.

The club problems go way beyond the manager and replacing isn't going to fix things, but I doubt that will stop some of the posters here from scapegoating the next manager of Newcastle, like yous done with Pardew and now with McClaren.

You may have missed some of the petty posts earlier, they were deleted

Plenty of factual inaccuracies in your post. All been answered before, most in the last 3 pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Dont think I can put in to words whats going on in my head right now but lets give it a go...

I actually dont know what to say about this club ...

We just got hockey'd 5-1 by Palace with our First team ...

In my opinion whats needed now is a manager with a pair of balls...

Look over the last 2/3 games and only pick those that performed to an acceptable level.

Any remaining positions get filled with reserve team and U21 players ... put players in there that aspire to bee in the first team, not ones that are but aspire to be elsewhere ... If we put out an u21 team agaisnt liverpool and get beat 5-0 but go down fighting ... that I can accept ...

It would be an extreme action but I wonder would making the senior players sit in the stand for the liverpool game while the kids at the club show them what passion for the badge is all about have the desired effect?

The board, the chairman, the tea lady can be as **** as they want to be ...it should not affect a players desire to step on that pitch and give it socks ...

Obviously people are gonna be laughing at Newcastle and posts previously made in this forum after that loss yesterday.

Yet, not a peep out of the same lads who drag up the Pardew/Palace threads when they went on a bit of a losing streak.

It's getting a bit ridiculous at this stage but whatever helps you sleep at night lads.

Obviously people are gonna be laughing at Newcastle and posts previously made in this forum after that loss yesterday.

Yet, not a peep out of the same lads who drag up the Pardew/Palace threads when they went on a bit of a losing streak.

It's getting a bit ridiculous at this stage but whatever helps you sleep at night lads.

Palace are a small market club that prior to the last few seasons were literally a "yo-yo" team, they never spent more than a single consecutive season in the Premiership (though they did prior to 92)

No one expects them to be fighting for a European place, if they get high up in the table early on the expectation is for them not to be maintaining it.
    If they finish mid table its a good season.
    That's why there is not a peep out of people when they go on a loosing streak.

Newcastle on the other hand are supposed to be a big club, with trophy ambition, with plans of getting into Europe etc.
    Based on what the fans said Pardew was too small time/low profile for a team like NCUFC.
    But since he left Newcastle have got worse, they have been a joke.

Now that I have written that I don't know why I had to, if you could not figure out why there is no a peep out of people when Palace go on a losing streak then Newcastle fans are more duluded than I thought.

Palace are a small market club that prior to the last few seasons were literally a "yo-yo" team, they never spent more than a single consecutive season in the Premiership (though they did prior to 92)

No one expects them to be fighting for a European place, if they get high up in the table early on the expectation is for them not to be maintaining it.
    If they finish mid table its a good season.
    That's why there is not a peep out of people when they go on a loosing streak.

Newcastle on the other hand are supposed to be a big club, with trophy ambition, with plans of getting into Europe etc.
    Based on what the fans said Pardew was too small time/low profile for a team like NCUFC.

Now that I have written that I don't know why I had to, if you could not figure out why there is no a peep out of people when Palace go on a losing streak then Newcastle fans are more duluded than I thought.

Rubbish, we wanted pardew out because we almost got relegated twice. Never heard low profile mentioned once. Not sure where you pulled that from.

Remember fans being disappointed that Hugh to got the chop for a higher profile pardew for a start

M5 wrote: »
    Rubbish, we wanted pardew out because we almost got relegated twice. Never heard low profile mentioned once.

When I looked at sackpardew.com I got the impression that the theme was that Pardew was not good enough for a club of Newcastle's quality/ambition/stature, whatever.

• Advertisement

When I looked at sackpardew.com I got the impression that the theme was that Pardew was not good enough for a club of Newcastle's quality/ambition/stature, whatever.

Rubbish again, it was. A site with loads of stats, about losing streaks, failure from set pieces, tactics etc. Bigging up Ashley, fighting with players, blaming fans for defeats, r etc etc. Nothing whatsoever about profile. You are making it up man!

According to who? Don't recall anyone on here saying we should be in Europe or whatever. I think I speak for most of us on here anyway when it would be nice to go on a decent cup run and actually show some sort of ambition.

Nobody is saying we're going to win anything which is systematic of a club that has adopted failure as its mantra lately.

Who said that? Who? His position became untenable with us as has been pointed out many times on here.

I've probably said before that we deserve better but I'm not expecting world class management to walk through the door. It just won't happen at Newcastle.

We were probably on a similar run when Pardew left. Doesn't help that Ashley didn't hire a manager right away and we were left (and still have a squad) that has given up the fight before getting into the ring.

Ah yeah, lump us all in the same bracket lad. Good man.

Typical up their own holes Newcastle fan stuff.

Pardew was not good for Newcastle in the grand scheme of things. That website provided a lot of damning evidence to suggest that. Ok, some sections were OTT but his record speaks for itself when he was with Newcastle.

I don't know what quality or ambition you think we deluded fans have. We've never had quality or ambition under Ashley. We've had brief moments of looking like progressing but we've fallen backwards time and time again.

How dare we wish to see a club progress and at least try and compete on the pitch. Our delusional dreams of trying to compete for a place in the top 10-12 places in the league are such lofty ambitions eh?

But you know, don't let your vendetta against Newcastle deter you from reading some truths instead of some BS you probably read in one of the rags.

Interesting that you checked out sackpardew.com also... *

*site has been offline for months
    I looked at it months ago when it first appeared, there was a thread about it here.

I checked it again yesterday and as you said it was off line.

But I remember the opening paragraph, some BS like "We the fans of the historic and famous Newcastle United Football Club demand that bla bla bla."

I laughed.

Just like I am laughing now.

MOD: Do not post in this thread again

You're making it up again pal.

That "paragraph" was to do with a NUFC supporters group penning a letter to UEFA regarding any future Europa League/Champions League participation and any complications which could arise because of Ashley's involvement with Rangers.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-supporters-group-demand-answers-4927055
    To whom it may concern,

I write on behalf of the Newcastle United Supporters’ Trust concerning an issue which we believe needs certain attention and clarification.

Mike Ashley has been the owner of Newcastle United since 2007. He has sole ownership of the club which is a participating member of your competition and has been for many years.

Newcastle United is an historic and prominent football club.

Why even engage with guys like him lads? Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Why was there no money spent on the weakest part of the team in the Summer? The decision to give Collocini an extension was poor, but I suppose given that nobody else was coming in it was viewed as the right thing to do.

Will there be money spent on the defence in January?

For me I have a big problem with McClaren but understand the problems go much deeper than the manager. I know players should be able to motivate themselves but I can't listen to McClaren and the stuff he comes out with, I would say he has more of a negative effect than any positive he brings.

• Advertisement

Williamson the answer to our ills evidently . This part of the cycle again

Williamson the answer to our ills evidently . This part of the cycle again

its to cover for Lac's injury tho ... I know he's a liablilty but who else do you put back there? Taylor is still injured ...stick colback at DL and put Dummet at DC - who will cover MC then? ...

I dont want to see williamson play for us ever again but rather that than going up agaist liverpool and spurs with 3 at the back of which one is the disinterested Collocini ... :eek:

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    its to cover for Lac's injury tho ... I know he's a liablilty but who else do you put back there? Taylor is still injured ...stick colback at DL and put Dummet at DC - who will cover MC then? ...

I dont want to see williamson play for us ever again but rather that than going up agaist liverpool and spurs with 3 at the back of which one is the disinterested Collocini ... :eek:

Missed the injury news! Makes sense I suppose! That said, if Williamson is the answer to that problem we are clearly too light at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There are surely free agents out there better than Williamson that they shouldn't have to resort to that option.

martyos121 wrote: »
    There are surely free agents out there better than Williamson that they shouldn't have to resort to that option.

Pay some one?!

Fitness levels ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement