Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Please direct your enquires to a linesman who states that he was told to favour Madrid and also to some high profile people in the Liga, also that you act so shocked that this could happen is a dead giveaway of someone who doesn't know their Liga history.

Could YOU provide evidence please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Could YOU provide evidence please?

Could YOU regarding those drug allegations? A Spanish official will intact present evidence on this current day case. Historically how about the league blocking Di Stefano going to Barcelona, or the league delaying Barcelona signing south American players for almost 2 years leading which following an investigation led to rule change and then Cruyff signing for Barcelona, or the Copa Del Rey 1943 semi final where the players were threatened to throw the game. Never doubt the lengths Madrid will go to in order to keep Catalonia down.

Could YOU regarding those drug allegations? A Spanish official will intact present evidence on this current day case. Historically how about the league blocking Di Stefano going to Barcelona, or the league delaying Barcelona signing south American players for almost 2 years leading which following an investigation led to rule change and then Cruyff signing for Barcelona, or the Copa Del Rey 1943 semi final where the players were threatened to throw the game. Never doubt the lengths Madrid will go to in order to keep Catalonia down.

I'm sorry but could you edit that post so it's actually, yknow, legible?

You're normally good with using big words and being able to construct some semblance of a sentence so don't let yourself down now.

And while you're at it, take the ridiculous lies out of the post too :)

I'm sorry but could you edit that post so it's actually, yknow, legible?

You're normally good with using big words and being able to construct some semblance of a sentence so don't let yourself down now.

And while you're at it, take the ridiculous lies out of the post too :)

How many paragraphs would you like? 1? 2? Maybe 3? I'll even throw one in now, right here

Bang! A new paragraph. Paragraphs must be a real concern for you because you seem far more focused on that rather than providing this hard evidence of drug use at Barcelona or even arguing my historically accurate account of offences committed against Barcelona by the administration and Real Madrid.

And one more paragraph to soothe your nerves.

How many paragraphs would you like? 1? 2? Maybe 3? I'll even throw one in now, right here

Bang! A new paragraph. Paragraphs must be a real concern for you because you seem far more focused on that rather than providing this hard evidence of drug use at Barcelona or even arguing my historically accurate account of offences committed against Barcelona by the administration and Real Madrid.

And one more paragraph to soothe your nerves.

The post I was referring to made absolutely no sense because most of it was just words thrown together, have a look and see for yourself.

You didn't post historically accurate accounts at all, you posted rumours to show poor little Barca in a good light. Where's the concrete evidence of Barca being told to lose the game in 1943? Concrete evidence now, not rumours.

Where's the evidence of Di Stefano being forced to sign for Madrid rather than Barca? A transfer **** up which came down to Barca paying the wrong team money for the player.

I have no concrete evidence of Barca drugging their players just like you have no evidence of any of the utter tripe you post in here on a regular basis.

There's more paragraphs for you to get excited over.

The post I was referring to made absolutely no sense because most of it was just words thrown together, have a look and see for yourself.

You didn't post historically accurate accounts at all, you posted rumours to show poor little Barca in a good light. Where's the concrete evidence of Barca being told to lose the game in 1943? Concrete evidence now, not rumours.

Where's the evidence of Di Stefano being forced to sign for Madrid rather than Barca? A transfer **** up which came down to Barca paying the wrong team money for the player.

I have no concrete evidence of Barca drugging their players just like you have no evidence of any of the utter tripe you post in here on a regular basis.

There's more paragraphs for you to get excited over.

The last retort of the beaten man is to become an adjudicator of speech.

From 3-0 to 11-1. Every account you read of that match speaks of corruption, biased officiating and a team nothing like they were in the first leg as the result of fear. If you can't understand the context the game took place in at the time then I'd be as well off discussing this with my 8 year old sister.

This from FC Barcelona's website

"In 1953, FC Barcelona signed Di Stéfano after reaching an agreement with River Plate, the club that owned the rights to the player. At the same time, Real Madrid carried out negotiations with Millonarios, the team that Di Stéfano was playing for then. A strange federative manoeuvre with Francoist backing stipulated that Di Stéfano should play alternate seasons with each club. Barça went against the verdict and relinquished the player. Kubala’s Barça and Di Stéfano’s Madrid competed for many years for the domination of national football."

This was a regime that even demanded Barcelona change their name to sound more Spanish. Never doubt the jealousy and suspicion with which a CastilIan views FC Barcelona.

The last retort of the beaten man is to become an adjudicator of speech.

From 3-0 to 11-1. Every account you read of that match speaks of corruption, biased officiating and a team nothing like they were in the first leg as the result of fear. If you can't understand the context the game took place in at the time then I'd be as well off discussing this with my 8 year old sister.

This from FC Barcelona's website

"In 1953, FC Barcelona signed Di Stéfano after reaching an agreement with River Plate, the club that owned the rights to the player. At the same time, Real Madrid carried out negotiations with Millonarios, the team that Di Stéfano was playing for then. A strange federative manoeuvre with Francoist backing stipulated that Di Stéfano should play alternate seasons with each club. Barça went against the verdict and relinquished the player. Kubala’s Barça and Di Stéfano’s Madrid competed for many years for the domination of national football."

This was a regime that even demanded Barcelona change their name to sound more Spanish. Never doubt the jealousy and suspicion with which a CastilIan views FC Barcelona.

You've jumped the shark baby. When you want to provide CONCRETE evidence come back to me

You've jumped the shark baby. When you want to provide CONCRETE evidence come back to me

That reply was thoroughly disappointing. Ironically this started with you throwing around wild claims of drug use, and it ends with me backing up my argument and you flailing about with demands of seeing "concrete evidence." Funny that eh?

That reply was thoroughly disappointing. Ironically this started with you throwing around wild claims of drug use, and it ends with me backing up my argument and you flailing about with demands of seeing "concrete evidence." Funny that eh?

Barca were discussing the transfer of DiStefano with the wrong club. The only ones to blame for the transfer not going through is Barca themselves. Time to suck it up and accept it.

You have zero evidence of the players being forced to lose their game in 1943, again basing it on rumours that paint Barca as a small time club trying to be squashed by the big bad machine.

It's embarrassing and the fact that you can't see Barca are just as bad as every other club is just cringe worthy. Shall we get in to their constant tapping up of players at other clubs? What about the transfer bans that they always seem to get a way around?

Join us in the real world, it's not that bad a place really.

• Advertisement

Barca were discussing the transfer of DiStefano with the wrong club. The only ones to blame for the transfer not going through is Barca themselves. Time to suck it up and accept it.

You have zero evidence of the players being forced to lose their game in 1943, again basing it on rumours that paint Barca as a small time club trying to be squashed by the big bad machine.

It's embarrassing and the fact that you can't see Barca are just as bad as every other club is just cringe worthy. Shall we get in to their constant tapping up of players at other clubs? What about the transfer bans that they always seem to get a way around?

Join us in the real world, it's not that bad a place really.

Haha and where did you read that? I assume from the bosom of Franco's journalists.

Actually it's based on practically every existing record there is of that game and of players recounts of what occurred, what are you basing it on?

Weird that seems like an entirely different topic to the one we were talking about (which you clearly realise isn't going so well for you and thus the hasty need for a change of subject). Just to get back to your original point(because clearly you won't) in terms of drug use you say here that Barcelona are like any other big club in Europe, if you accept your own opinion and you believe that Barcelona players to be doping then surely you assume every big club is doping their players?

Even your zingers at the end have lost their thrust.

Haha and where did you read that? I assume from the bosom of Franco's journalists.

Actually it's based on practically every existing record there is of that game and of players recounts of what occurred, what are you basing it on?

Weird that seems like an entirely different topic to the one we were talking about (which you clearly realise isn't going so well for you and thus the hasty need for a change of subject). Just to get back to your original point(because clearly you won't) in terms of drug use you say here that Barcelona are like any other big club in Europe, if you accept your own opinion and you believe that Barcelona players to be doping then surely you assume every big club is doping their players?

Even your zingers at the end have lost their thrust.

Could you state where I said that I believe Barca are the only club guilty of drugging players? I certainly don't remember saying that.

I'll simplify it for you shall I? Barca agreed a transfer with River Plate for Di Stefano, a strange thing to do considering he didn't play for them anymore. They dealt with the wrong club, Madrid dealt with the correct club and got the player eventually.

Good man on yet again deflecting from my points which show Barca in a bad light.

Could you state where I said that I believe Barca are the only club guilty of drugging players? I certainly don't remember saying that.

I'll simplify it for you shall I? Barca agreed a transfer with River Plate for Di Stefano, a strange thing to do considering he didn't play for them anymore. They dealt with the wrong club, Madrid dealt with the correct club and got the player eventually.

Good man on yet again deflecting from my points which show Barca in a bad light.

So let me get this straight because I'm not sure I understand. You believe every top club to be doping? Strange then that I don't see you go to each thread on this forum and bring up these doping misdemeanours. Unless of course you have an agenda against Barcelona, which I suppose would make you as biased against Barcelona as I am in favour of Barcelona? That must really bug you.

Please give me a source for that, I gave you a source, an account of the transfer from the very club involved in the transfer, I'd say that's quite the source.

Haha you mean like how you've had two bites at Barcelona and I've shut you down both times? At this stage you just seem to be throwing darts at a board to see what random topic you'll try to get me with next.

Barca discussed a transfer with the wrong club. Apologies for bursting that bubble for you pal.

I've obviously touched a nerve with you and I apologize for that, but look at least if Barca lose today you can jump on the Bayern bandwagon, or maybe the Chelsea one, they're surely due to turn things around soon.

BTW, I am far from anti Barca. I'm merely anti bull****.

Barca discussed a transfer with the wrong club. Apologies for bursting that bubble for you pal.

I've obviously touched a nerve with you and I apologize for that, but look at least if Barca lose today you can jump on the Bayern bandwagon, or maybe the Chelsea one, they're surely due to turn things around soon.

BTW, I am far from anti Barca. I'm merely anti bull****.

Haha I've enjoyed this, most of it was performed on an empty stomach having just woken up too but alas now I must go.

You're lack of sources and, finally, your outburst which I think you hoped would be a vicious assault on my character but amounts to little more than clawing at my coat-tails have put me in a good mood and has eased my stomach ahead of the Clasico. I don't often get to tie someone in verbal knots but this was fun. I'll see you later, when we can celebrate Barcelona together. Visca El Barça!

An assault on your character? Afraid not.

And you didn't tie anyone in a verbal knot, you merely deflected from my posts because you had no answer for them which didn't paint your beloved club(behind Bayern and Chelsea) in a bad light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Going to.my 1st la liga game tomorrow betis v atlético Madrid, cant wait, i hear the atmosphere in the villamarin us excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Haha I've enjoyed this, most of it was performed on an empty stomach having just woken up too but alas now I must go.

You're lack of sources and, finally, your outburst which I think you hoped would be a vicious assault on my character but amounts to little more than clawing at my coat-tails have put me in a good mood and has eased my stomach ahead of the Clasico. I don't often get to tie someone in verbal knots but this was fun. I'll see you later, when we can celebrate Barcelona together. Visca El Barça!

How do you get that yoke on the c?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

If you're on a Mac you can just hold down the C button them press "1". I dont know how to do it on Windows.

Anyways... come on Barça!

Best Clasico performance since the 5-0. Awesome night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

GreNoLi wrote: »
    How do you get that yoke on the c?

Hold down Left Alt and type 128 ie Ç

http://www.alt-codes.net/how_to_use_alt_codes/

♥♥♥♥☻☺♦♣♠•◘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sergi Roberto is the most improved player in Europe. Been superb this season. Surely a Spain call up soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sergi Roberto is the most improved player in Europe. Been superb this season. Surely a Spain call up soon.

Huge credit must go to Luis Enrique for that. Definitely deserves a go in the Spain team.

Excellent again today, an amazing transformation for a player linked with bloody Stoke in the Summer.

Though it's a shame that Rafinha Alcantara picked up such a bad injury because I'm convinced this was going to be his breakthrough season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,878 ✭✭✭✭klose

Excellent again today, an amazing transformation for a player linked with bloody Stoke in the Summer.

Though it's a shame that Rafinha Alcantara picked up such a bad injury because I'm convinced this was going to be his breakthrough season.

He looked pretty damn average up untill this season this which he has been superb so it would hardly have been a surprise had he been moved on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

from Real Madrid site
    President of Real Madrid C. F., Florentino Perez, will appear today before the media at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium at 19:30 h after the meeting of the Board of Directors. Media invited to the event, must do so provided their corresponding professional accreditation or accreditation of their environment, through the door 59, located in the street father Damian, from 18:15 h.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I wonder what it is for?

Contract extension for Rafa?

Casillas returning in January?

Endless possibilities.

Two distinct possibilities.

Benitez or Perez is leaving. Generally speaking the manager goes before the president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

hopefully the fraud is gone soon anyway.

Players like James, Bale, Ronaldo deserve a proper manager who knows how to utilise their strengths, not some plodder stuck in the 00s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

hopefully the fraud is gone soon anyway.

Players like James, Bale, Ronaldo deserve a proper manager who knows how to utilise their strengths, not some plodder stuck in the 00s

I hope he's gone too.

So he can come back to Valencia.

Justice (well at least some) in FIFA as Real Madrid are set to be handed a transfer ban for the duration of 2 windows for committing the same breaches of transfer of young players rules as Barcelona did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Justice (well at least some) in FIFA as Real Madrid are set to be handed a transfer ban for the duration of 2 windows for committing the same breaches of transfer of young players rules as Barcelona did.

There must be a conspiracy against Barcelona and Real Madrid now! Or maybe all of Spain!! :eek:

Oh wow that might actually force Madrid to develop some of their home grown talent.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Assuming they can delay it by appealing like Barca did, you'd expect Madrid to seriously splash out next summer

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Funny that when it was Barcelona in this situation it was your "pet peeve" when people referred to it as a transfer ban. Looks like its not so much of an issue for you now :confused:
    My pet peeve has quickly become "the transfer ban." It's not a transfer ban, it's never been a transfer ban, its a registration ban, it's not out fault that the media interpreted it wrong, it's not our fault that you believed the media's incorrect interpretation of the ban so stop using it as a stick to beat the club. It isn't some wild conspiracy to keep Barcelona on top, it isn't Uefa showing favouritism, it's them enforcing the actual punishment dealt to the club, not the punishment that the media and you think it is.

Funny that when it was Barcelona in this situation it was your "pet peeve" when people referred to it as a transfer ban. Looks like its not so much of an issue for you now :confused:

Again, as with a few days ago where I had to dumb down the structure of the Masia, same applies here. Could I refer to it as it's proper title? Perhaps. Would as many people understood what that would entail? Probably not. Is that why I likened it to Barcelona's "transfer ban" do you think? You'd better believe it. For the sake of a quiet life and as few misunderstandings as possible I'll dumb anything down to the lowest common denominator if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Ah yes, throw in the words "dumb down" a few times to make yourself feel like an intellectual superior. Very original. I was merely pointing out the apparent hypocrisy or your 2 posts.

Ah yes, throw in the words "dumb down" a few times to make yourself feel like an intellectual superior. Very original. I was merely pointing out the apparent hypocrisy or your 2 posts.

That wasn't my intention but, if from that comment you got the impression that I am intellectually superior, then that's your problem, that's something your putting on me and that's something you have to come to terms with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Half time between Betis and Levante, Betis winning 1-0, Joaquin playing very well, some legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I see a clean sweep for this barca side again now with messi back. Suarez looks better than ever and Neymar just gets better and better. Look at these stats for 2015, the assists show how unselfish they are and is why they work so well. It's fantasy stuff and an absolute joy to watch.

Goals & Assists in 2015 :

MESSI:
    44 Goals
    21 Assists

NEYMAR:
    41 Goals
    11 Assists

SUAREZ:
    40 Goals
    22 Assists

• Advertisement

Barca are indeed amazing to watch at the moment. I wonder though if they've peaked too soon?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Only one to play through I think so far upfront is Suarez. Neymar missed the start of the season and Messi has two months out.

Iniesta, Rakitic etc have been or will be rested pretty well. The only other I'd be concerned about is Busquets, there is no replacement for him.

dfx- wrote: »
    Only one to play through I think so far upfront is Suarez. Neymar missed the start of the season and Messi has two months out.

Iniesta, Rakitic etc have been or will be rested pretty well. The only other I'd be concerned about is Busquets, there is no replacement for him.

IF Samper gets minutes in the games before the xmas break, i could he his playtime going up in the 2nd half of the season. He slots in comfortably...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

So Nuno has resigned as Valencia manager.

Wonder who they will try and get now. With the backing if Peter Lim, would they make a play for someone like Ancelotti?

Meanwhile in Spain, at the league award gala Barcelona left the night with 5 trophies overall, Real Madrid with 3 (!). Messi was also named best player in the league. Among the highlights were the league giving Ramos best defender, James best midfielder, the league literally making up an award to give to Ronaldo, to add to the hilarity they called this made up award "most popular player" and they gave it to a guy who only recently was booed by his own fans. The league then denied that Messi is South American, thus denying him a hat trick of awards. All in a good days work here in La Liga.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

So Nuno has resigned as Valencia manager.

Wonder who they will try and get now. With the backing if Peter Lim, would they make a play for someone like Ancelotti?

At the press conference yesterday Lay-Hoon the club president reacted angrily to the repeated suggestions that Jorge Mendes is running the club.

There are rumours now that Peter Lim is not seeing eye-to-eye with Mendes anymore. Every Valencia fan is praying this true; this season is a complete embarrassment.

At the moment I'm reading quite a lot about the possibility of Michael Laudrup.

• Advertisement

Gary Neville new Valencia coach. Very interesting to see how he does. Most likely he will struggle though. Hope he doesn't though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Gary Neville new Valencia coach. Very interesting to see how he does. Most likely he will struggle though. Hope he doesn't though.
    I thought you were joking, then I googled it :eek:

The good thing for Neville is that he has close ties with the owner Peter Lim who has an investment in Salford. But Neville most likely won't get to buy players himself as Valencia tend to mostly buys players that Peter Lim has a 3rd party investment in & bring players from the youth system. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Real Madrid could be out of the Copa del Rey for playing Denis Chernyshev. He was suspended for tonight's game after picking up a few yellows for Villarreal last year when he was on loan.

Interesting to see what happens.

Dani Alves the latest high profile name to add to the list of those who are becoming less conspiracy theorists and more realists. He says "There's a campaign against Barcelona? Yes. By whom? By the capital" - credit to BarcaStuff for that, from the source Cope.

• Advertisement
Advertisement