Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread Part II Mod post in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Perhaps a little NSFW, but... somehow, this is real...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Football Fight Club on BBC3,as much as the EPL try to sanitise things,hooliganism is on the rise again.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

zerks wrote: »
    Football Fight Club on BBC3,as much as the EPL try to sanitise things,hooliganism is on the rise again.:(

Pretty sure I've seen that one before, where the ManCity fan travels here to a Bohs-Rovers game and some spurs lad goes mad in a forest.

If so, I wouldn't read much into it as it's grossly exaggerating its spread. The EPL is far safer than most other European leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This was allowed back in the day. 1958 FA Cup Final.

http://gfycat.com/LittleLittleArctichare

Pretty sure I've seen that one before, where the ManCity fan travels here to a Bohs-Rovers game and some spurs lad goes mad in a forest.

If so, I wouldn't read much into it as it's grossly exaggerating its spread. The EPL is far safer than most other European leagues.

It's a new one,showed footage of City v United from last season.It's lots of gangs of lads from about 16-25 who are forming firms.All looking for the next buzz.Any of us normal fans don't see it as all the trouble takes place away from the grounds.The lower leagues are rife with troublemakers,scratch away the surface and a nasty element is quickly exposed.
    One Spurs fan is trying to go straight after 3 spells inside for football violence,he's into MMA now but at his first big fight there's trouble in the crowd over football allegiances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

It's a new one,showed footage of City v United from last season.It's lots of gangs of lads from about 16-25 who are forming firms.All looking for the next buzz.Any of us normal fans don't see it as all the trouble takes place away from the grounds.The lower leagues are rife with troublemakers,scratch away the surface and a nasty element is quickly exposed.
    One Spurs fan is trying to go straight after 3 spells inside for football violence,he's into MMA now but at his first big fight there's trouble in the crowd over football allegiances.

There is trouble in the lower leagues, against certain teams, and you'll get some losers who have a banning order in place for Premier League or Championship teams, but know how easy it is to get into League 1 or 2 games, any trouble there is though, is usually only 3 or 4 games a season. Still not rife, or a patch on the 80s thankfully. Imo of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Yeah I just watched it there as my brother recorded it last night funnily enough. He's more in to the ultra scene with Pats so naturally he's interested in what the media says about fans like him, as ultras are often branded incorrectly as hooligans.

While I understand the buzz that some lads get from it, there were some scenes in it which were cringeworthy to say the least, like the one where the young Scottish girl is hanging around in a field with a few kids singing Hamilton songs and covering their faces for the cameras, as if they're on the most wanted list or something.

The MMA lad was in the one last year too; Dante Bull is his name. He comes across as a bit simple and for a supposed 'pro mma fighter' he's notoriously out of shape.

The documentary in general was alright and it's interesting to see the world of casuals and hooligans, even if it's sensationalised. Even though I wouldn't be into it myself, I can see how my brother enjoys going to games dressed up in the casual style and his away trips with Pats sound like good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The new Beta version of the site is horrific. Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The new Beta version of the site is horrific. Jesus.

I'm certainly not keen on the beta touch site anyway. Didn't look at desktop version yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'm certainly not keen on the beta touch site anyway. Didn't look at desktop version yet.

I'm the other way around...I've only seen the desktop version. I'm afraid to look at the touch site :eek:

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Clean sheet for captain midget tonight, woop, woop.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

http://www.summiticeapparel.com/

open it full screen, pause for 5 seconds then scroll down to the bottom

Nothing graphic or insulting, just a bit shocking and unexpected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Nalz wrote: »
    http://www.summiticeapparel.com/

open it full screen, pause for 5 seconds then scroll down to the bottom

Nothing graphic or insulting, just a bit shocking and unexpected!
    Well, THAT was unexpected:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A user on Reddit has created an app called "GIFS For Soccer". It has all of the gifs as quick as they go up on Reddit. The Skrtl own goal is up already. I thought it might be of interest to a few of ye here! It's android only at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Got Eric Dier.

I got Wanyama

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I got Ngolo Kante

Never seen him :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Lucas:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I got Schneiderlin. I don't know if that's good or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I got Fernando

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

cc-truck-dublin.jpg

Pats lads 12 pubs.

Selection box last year.

One of those lads doesnt drink and on Euro Away trips gets me back to my hotel every time. Love that guy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Got 2 curley wurlys and a snickers up for trade. Will only accept Maltesers, mars or milky bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Aidric wrote: »

Once the bastards retweet a betting site....unfollowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Former Wigan defender Steve Gohouri has been found dead in the Rhine. Very sad news. He had been missing for a few weeks after saying he was going to Paris to visit family over the festive period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Just finished that Making a Murderer docu-series on Netflix. Fùcking hell, that's one messed up, corrupt justice system.
    Compelling viewing, really puts you through the mill.

• Advertisement

I watched 2 episodes on Thursday night and then watched the other 8 back to back on Friday. :o
    It's a compelling watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I watched 2 episodes on Thursday night and then watched the other 8 back to back on Friday. :o
    It's a compelling watch!

Watched it over 4 days, would have finished it quicker if the wife wasn't watching it with me.

I know you're only getting the story from one side but still, it just doesn't add up.
    It's fairly disgusting the tactics the prosecution use and what the judge allows and disallows.

The
    tampered blood and the testing of it, you're thinking, well that's it, but it's barely even a factor when it gets to court. That poor young lad just didn't have the ability to explain anything on the stand, you just wanted to shake him and tell him to say what happened instead of answering everything with "I don't know" or "I made it up"

It's all so anger inducing and shows up the sleazy, corrupt nature of the justice system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Mods.

hqdefault.jpg

Pool ManU Europa League, Patrick's Day

Get out while you can

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

everyone will be well behaved and courteous to each other...

dfx- wrote: »
    everyone will be well behaved and courteous to each other...

hqdefault.jpg

Mods.

Pool ManU Europa League, Patrick's Day

Get out while you can

Not sure if it's funny or sad to follow along as a group of grown men argue and take potshots online over two football teams.

Thread is a mess and the game hasn't even started yet! :D

• Advertisement

Sky giving sports fans something back for a change,next season even those who have Sky and don't subscribe to Sports can see live sport.
    Sky Sports Mix is coming this summer and will offer selected Premier League and Football League matches to UK and Ireland TV customers at no extra cost.

Also part of the mix are La Liga and MLS matches FIFA World Cup 2018 qualifiers.

And it's not just football. The channel will also offer international cricket and golf from Europe and the US.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a787330/new-sky-channel-will-give-you-live-premier-league-football-and-more-without-sky-sports/

Sky giving sports fans something back for a change,next season even those who have Sky and don't subscribe to Sports can see live sport.
    Sky Sports Mix is coming this summer and will offer selected Premier League and Football League matches to UK and Ireland TV customers at no extra cost.

Also part of the mix are La Liga and MLS matches FIFA World Cup 2018 qualifiers.

And it's not just football. The channel will also offer international cricket and golf from Europe and the US.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a787330/new-sky-channel-will-give-you-live-premier-league-football-and-more-without-sky-sports/

Is it giving back or giving people a taster to see what they missing, any money its starts with big games and slowly lowers to bad ones.... grrrr sky

the mod warning in the "Lovely Girls" thread should be

Chat shít get banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Haven't seen it picked up elsewhere but suggestions on Twitter of trouble in Nice.

https://twitter.com/YannQuerciaa/status/741739534711455745

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I really hope this isn't the prevailed attitude amongst the moderators and admins these days about this forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100051049&postcount=1954

Personally I find it to be a pretty ignorant opinion about the community on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,514 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Guys/galls

There's a thread over in Feedback questioning why the Soccer Forum does not have open access all the time

If anyone has anything they wish to contribute to the discussion please take the opportunity to do so over there

Thanks

For anyone interested in the pre-season friendlies Sport 1 in Germany are showing loads FTA. http://liveonsat.com/los_soc_friend_club_ALL.php

The International Cup fixtures are also FTA on it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Question on the laws of the game. If for example a French player gets sent off now in extra time and it goes to pens, all 10 French players take a penalty, do Portugal use the 11th or can they go back to using their first? I think they can.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Question on the laws of the game. If for example a French player gets sent off now in extra time and it goes to pens, all 10 French players take a penalty, do Portugal use the 11th or can they go back to using their first? I think they can.

They have to take a guy out before a penno is even kicked. So each team have 10 players active for the shoot-out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i got a question...before the portugese goal, France had a throw in that when first took did not go into the field of play, so referee had them take it again..i thought it would have been a throw in to portugal then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

If the ball doesn't enter the field of play, it is not a foul throw and is retaken. That's how its been in junior football as long as I remember, presuming its the same for pros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Colleague in work, who doesn't like football, mentioned his wife asked him to take the young lad to Celtic vs Barcalona in the Aviva end of this month. Kid is mental for Neymar and Messi. Said to him that he would want to maybe check, as probably neither would be involved(although who knows) and then enquired about ticket pricing

€160 ****ING EUROS FOR AN ADULT AND CHILD.

Absolute farce. Ticketmaster also appears to nearly sold out. Simply cannot believe people will pack the Aviva to see Celtic vs Barcalona B, for on avg €80 a pop. Absolutely outragous.

A weekend later Inter are playing Celtic in Thormond for €15....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The Celtic Tiger is back with a bang!

TheDoc wrote: »
    Colleague in work, who doesn't like football, mentioned his wife asked him to take the young lad to Celtic vs Barcalona in the Aviva end of this month. Kid is mental for Neymar and Messi. Said to him that he would want to maybe check, as probably neither would be involved(although who knows) and then enquired about ticket pricing

€160 ****ING EUROS FOR AN ADULT AND CHILD.

Absolute farce. Ticketmaster also appears to nearly sold out. Simply cannot believe people will pack the Aviva to see Celtic vs Barcalona B, for on avg €80 a pop. Absolutely outragous.

A weekend later Inter are playing Celtic in Thormond for €15....

Premium tickets are €80 a pop.The cheaper family tickets were snapped up.

B teams from both sides too probably? Sickening really that the place will be packed to watch the kids from both clubs play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement