Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Mandalorian

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Vicxas wrote: »
    Seriously geeking out at that episode.

So many spoilers to talk about

Mid-way through I was convinced another ship would swoop in at the end and Sebastian Stan would walk out lightsaber in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

So the runtime and groaned in bemusement.

Well jaysus.

Is there any substance to this Sebastian Stan stuff I keep seeing? I haven't been able to find anything concrete online

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That episode was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Feels like the Galaxy is about to become a bigger place in this show! Real clone wars / rebels feel to
    that use of the force Grogu did on top of the mountain.

• Advertisement

Only started watching this in the last week, today's episode was my first that I had to wait to drop.
    Totally confused by the facial recognition test. Was it just to prove someone had a face? How would his face have been on record?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Only started watching this in the last week, today's episode was my first that I had to wait to drop.
    Totally confused by the facial recognition test. Was it just to prove someone had a face? How would his face have been on record?
    It was just to prove he had a face, probably either to have a facial log of the people accessing the system or to prevent droids from using it.

It was just to prove he had a face, probably either to have a facial log of the people accessing the system or to prevent droids from using it.

That was the only thing I could think of as well. But, pretty shít
    security system

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I'd say that Pedro Pascal was in negotiations about taking the helmet off at some point. As an actor, having your face covered isn't the best for the old career.

Tony EH wrote: »
    I'd say that Pedro Pascal was in negotiations about taking the helmet off at some point. As an actor, having your face covered isn't the best for the old career.

Ah, yeah...
    like the one scene from Series one. Possibly contracted for at least one scene per series. Thought it was poorly executed this time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Ah, yeah...
    like the one scene from Series one. Possibly contracted for at least one scene per series. Thought it was poorly executed this time though.
    It's also the reason why Mrs. Starbuck was in the show a few weeks ago with her helmet off. She mentioned something about it being allowed with her faction. So, in S3 or S4 Mando will be able to remove his helmet more often too as he changes his credo.

It's also the reason why Mrs. Starbuck was in the show a few weeks ago with her helmet off. She mentioned something about it being allowed with her faction. So, in S3 or S4 Mando will be able to remove his helmet more often too as he changes his credo.

Yes, agreed.
    That was shock enough. Kinda makes our eponymous hero's sect look like pointless zealots.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I think that predates the show, the
    two factions were set out that way

" As revealed in season 2, Mando's current clan are a more fanatical splinter cell away from the core tenets of the Mandalore race. Other Mandalorians, such as Bo-Katan, take off their helmet whenever they please."

Also, great episode bar that little bit at the end which is f@ckin stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Loving this season , each episode is great. Cannot get over the production value , it's like watching mini movies

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

ED E wrote: »

Yep, could have done that much better. Was really crap acting all of a sudden that you'd be disappointed with if you saw it in a nursery school play. The plot point was fine, but the way they did it was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

ED E wrote: »
    I think that predates the show, the
    two factions were set out that way

" As revealed in season 2, Mando's current clan are a more fanatical splinter cell away from the core tenets of the Mandalore race. Other Mandalorians, such as Bo-Katan, take off their helmet whenever they please."

I think that was supposed to be a throwback to what Gideon said at the end of Season 1 (start of final episode I think, or end of second last) - it was probably intended to come off as sarcastic, using someones words against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Ok. Stop what you are doing this morning and watch it. It will be very hard to avoid the spoiler the longer the day goes on. It is likely to be on the entertainment section of most news websites.

Great final 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

touts wrote: »
    Ok. Stop what you are doing this morning and watch it. It will be very hard to avoid the spoiler the longer the day goes on. It is likely to be on the entertainment section of most news websites.

Great final 10 minutes.

Cheers for the heads up.
    I totally forgot there was one more mandalorian episode. Binge watched the first and second season last weekend. Why did it take me so long to watch it. Great show.

From your comments I assume something big will happen.

Great final 10 minutes.

I sank back in my seat in disbelief. So good to watch a show not ruined by spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nowww what am I gonna watch.
    Edit: Watch the credits.

lookalike or was that an attempt to faceswap him in? Looked off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

That was some finale. Watched it with the kids and when I saw the
    “x-wing”
    arrive it wasn’t until they said “only one
    X wing
    and I knew it was a
    Jedi
    . When I saw the
    green lighsabre
    I was like “noooooo way, they wouldn’t .....”

One of my favourite shows and probably my most favorite Disney SWs stuff alongside rogue One.

I must add that Mando
    taking his helmut off to say goodbye was up there with some of the more powerful SWs moments .

It’s been great watching Mandos story unfold but honestly don’t know what
    season 3 will be like without
    Grogu

• Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm guessing s3 will be all about taking back Mandalore?

NIMAN wrote: »

I'm thinking they may continue with Grogu and Mando's stories separately. Can't really see Disney just putting Grogu on the shelf because of the merchandise pull bit maybe that's just me being cynical.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Great final 10 minutes.

yeah holy feck I cant believe we get to see
    Bib Fortuna
    again!

Dr Bob wrote: »
    yeah holy feck I cant believe we get to see
    Bib Fortuna
    again!

When my kids saw him one of them said “he’s gotten really fat like
    Jaba

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Brilliant season and season finale, if you wait to see the credits you’ll be even more surprised.brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Goh, at the start of the episode I thought I'd probably wanna be listening to the theme song by the end of it.
    but saying goodbye to Grogu like that..

so I'll go with Rogue One instead..

Slydice wrote: »
    Goh, at the start of the episode I thought I'd probably wanna be listening to the theme song by the end of it.
    but saying goodbye to Grogu like that..

so I'll go with Rogue One instead..

Damn you, I’m going to have to watch Rogue one again now.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Acosta

Drumpot wrote: »
    Damn you, I’m going to have to watch Rogue one again now.:p

It's one of my Christmas movies, so I'll be watching it soon.

Overall I loved season 2. The best star wars has been since 1983. Probably could have done without the digital jedi at the end. It slightly took me out of what was happening, but just a minor complaint.

And I did not get emotional at the very end, YOU DID!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

NIMAN wrote: »
    After credits scene would suggest the next series is based around
    Boba Fett and the Grogu story is over

Advertisement