Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

awaiting a letter from NCAD for CORE year starting sept 2011?? :O

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

SadMatt wrote: »
    So wait, there is a chance that we might get the results from NCAD this Wednesday?
    no if they are only sent wednesday (well i think thats whats said above) then i doubt anyone would get them until friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 orlanda

Yes she only said they "may" get posted on Wed. to be honest she didn't sound too definite so dont hold your breath!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SadMatt

Looks like we need to ''survive'' another week. :D

Looks like we need to ''survive'' another week. :D
    seems so! i'm getting so sick of the wait though! :P what are they doing like?....printing a letter a day?! :) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 EMILY.C

Rang NCAD today and they said they posted the letters TODAY!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭snicket

:O
    The suspense could be finally over tomorrow or friday so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ab26

Hi all, just reading about the ncad stuff ,dying to get my letter, no joy yet though, limerick on friday!!! wrote the essay stuff up for it last night, anyone have any idea when the galway gmit portfolio interviews are? I am applying for second year for all the colleges too, head is melted :P

ab26 wrote: »
    Hi all, just reading about the ncad stuff ,dying to get my letter, no joy yet though, limerick on friday!!! wrote the essay stuff up for it last night, anyone have any idea when the galway gmit portfolio interviews are? I am applying for second year for all the colleges too, head is melted :P

oooh thats great news! hopfuly we will have them by the end of this week so :) and hello there! i've already been to Limerick, was there last Tuesday and got my letter from them early this week :) i did one of the essays the night before teehehe :P got them done all the same though, 150 words is handy though! best of luck to you for Limerick!! i think its in april....i emailed them ages ago, will go back on the emails and see but i dont think gmit is until april! :)

EMILY.C wrote: »
    Rang NCAD today and they said they posted the letters TODAY!!

Great! Thank you for sharing the information with us :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ab26

ah cul, cant wait for galway, really want to go there and do textiles, anyone hear back from cork they brought me in for 20 mins and asked me loads of questions

ab26 wrote: »
    ah cul, cant wait for galway, really want to go there and do textiles, anyone hear back from cork they brought me in for 20 mins and asked me loads of questions

this is what the email from gmit said: "you will be asked to attend for a port-folio assessment interview. This will take place in March. You must attend the interview assessment in person with your port-folio. You will recieve notification of you Port-folio assessment date in March or early April." so it does actually contradict itself :P maybe soon this month or early next month we will get letters :) if i was lucky with Dublin i dont know would i go for Galway, i dont want to miss more school days!! Sligo is tommorrow, no interview :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 catman103

Oh wow they'll probably arrive tomorrow then, and if not Friday. This is absolutely killing me. If it arrives tomorrow and I find out I won't be surprised if I just leave school to get it....

i got in!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

i got in!!!!

Congratulations!!! :)

i got in!!!!

Well done! Im still waiting for my letter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mmol

Well done! Im still waiting for my letter.

My son got 519 points and is on the waiting list. Is there any way of knowing how high or low on the waiting list he is?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4 petra62

I HAVE NOT BEEN SELECTED FOR ACCEPT LIST,JUST WAITING LIST,MY SCORE 470 :(

Mmol wrote: »
    My son got 519 points and is on the waiting list. Is there any way of knowing how high or low on the waiting list he is?????

I got 500 points and im on the Waiting List too.
    Just to cheer you up, we are pretty much high on the list because one of my mates got 600 something and he got accepted straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Mmol wrote: »

As far as I'm aware he can ring up and see what position in the waiting list he is in.

I got in! Can't believe it, offered a place scoring 580, good luck and congratulations to anyone else here :p

• Advertisement

I got in too :) I got 640, absolutely delighted!
    Congrats to everyone else ^^

Congrats to everyone, my son got in too 682.5 so we are off to celebrate tonight !!!:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rosie30

Congratulations to all!!! Everyone should be very proud of themselves. Would love to know what plc courses people did and how many got in from their class. Interested in stats!!

Could someone take a look at the blue page attached to the letters Matric and entry requirements. Surely that has to be a misprint...The minimum age is 17 years on 15 January 2011 for students registering for 2011/2012. Should that not be 17yrs on 15 Jan 2012 ???

As far as I'm aware yes you need to be 17 by then to enter certain 3rd levels... Its why some people I know were told to do a transition year.

i'm home yall! i gots a letter yall! and im IN!!!!! :D with 585, im so so so happy :) congratulations to all who got in and hard luck to those who didnt but dont give up hope, things will work out fine for you in the end :) my ear will be red by bedtime, so many people to inform :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 UltraGems

I got in!!! and most people from my plc course got in too :3

congrats to everybody :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rosie30

UltraGems wrote: »
    I got in!!! and most people from my plc course got in too :3

congrats to everybody :D

Congratulations UltraGems!!! Where u do your course??? 3 got in???

i had a mini heart attack awhile ago with that age thing because i was only 17 on Febuary just gone by so that would mean i couldnt go to college next september even though i have been successful with the portfolio :eek: :L so i would advise you all to go to the NCAD website (this is what i did) and you'll see on the homepage it says that there was infact a MISTAKE made :P you must be 17 by 15th January 2012.....which i am....phew :) i had checked this long ago and i knew i was fine, but still that shock you get when you see something like that on paper ha!!

Thanks for that Sligo, I'ld say there were a few mini heart-:) attacks!

• Advertisement

orlanda wrote: »
    Thanks for that Sligo, I'ld say there were a few mini heart-:) attacks!

your very welcome! :) because i even emailed the college this time last year to figure out what age you had to be etc, so i was a little worried when i saw that earlier but its all good!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 UltraGems

Rosie30 wrote: »
    Congratulations UltraGems!!! Where u do your course??? 3 got in???

I go to BCFE. .. nope 5 got in :)

I go to Dhulaigh and 4 people got in, what points did everyone get? IM SO EXCITED TO START :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Rooferman

I go to Dhulaigh and 4 people got in, what points did everyone get? IM SO EXCITED TO START :D:D:D:D
    I know a bloke that is doing the Fashion/Interior Design in DIFE and he got 850points!! There were 7 that got in from that group.

Did anyone else get that letter today about them getting the minimum age wrong? Gave me such a fright when I opened it, it started with something like "there has been a mistake with the matriculation requirements..." ... I thought they were telling me they'd sent me the wrong letter & I hadn't gotten in after all :O
    Rooferman wrote: »
    I know a bloke that is doing the Fashion/Interior Design in DIFE and he got 850points!! There were 7 that got in from that group.
    Wow, 850! I wonder have they ever given a perfect 1000?

snicket wrote: »
    Did anyone else get that letter today about them getting the minimum age wrong? Gave me such a fright when I opened it, it started with something like "there has been a mistake with the matriculation requirements..." ... I thought they were telling me they'd sent me the wrong letter & I hadn't gotten in after all :O

Haha yeah opening that letter when I came home was nerve wracking, just the thought they'd sent me another un-announced letter was scary enough. Realised soon enough that it was safe. Now just have to complete the LC and we're all in I suppose, can't wait!

catman103 wrote: »
    Haha yeah opening that letter when I came home was nerve wracking, just the thought they'd sent me another un-announced letter was scary enough. Realised soon enough that it was safe. Now just have to complete the LC and we're all in I suppose, can't wait!

my sister texted me about the letter and i was like oh crap it....i bet i was sent the wrong letter yesterday and that im not in :P but it was a sigh of relief when it was the age thingy :) yay, go us leaving certs!! i dont know why, but now im sort of like aaaagh what if i dont get the grades (even though ive just gotten them all in my mocks :P)

sligo. wrote: »
    my sister texted me about the letter and i was like oh crap it....i bet i was sent the wrong letter yesterday and that im not in :P but it was a sigh of relief when it was the age thingy :) yay, go us leaving certs!! i dont know why, but now im sort of like aaaagh what if i dont get the grades (even though ive just gotten them all in my mocks :P)

Yeah got the grades in my mocks too but still I'm worried. I suppose we couldnt live any part of this year without a worry or doubt, that wouldnt be right... There has to be some kind of anxiety to keep us in school

catman103 wrote: »
    Yeah got the grades in my mocks too but still I'm worried. I suppose we couldnt live any part of this year without a worry or doubt, that wouldnt be right... There has to be some kind of anxiety to keep us in school

yeah there has to be some alright! in the last while i kept saying to my girlfriend " but what if...." and i was told shut it a lot :P we shouldn't worry too much now i suppose, and im sure we can get the grades! however my orals in 10 days will be the death of my french paper, i know nothing yet :eek: :L oh well we will get there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 TheStonecutter

Rang up today, and apparently I'm joint first place on the category B waiting list with 582.5 points. Is that anyone here?

Rang up today, and apparently I'm joint first place on the category B waiting list with 582.5 points. Is that anyone here?
    oh well thats great news for you :) i'm sure somebody wont accept and you'll get in, fingers crossed!!

I'm 99% sure you'll get in, last year in my plc alone around 6/7 people refused their place at ncad for somewhere else they preferred, obviously we were all category B. Its bound to happen a few choose elsewhere again this year.

I'm 99% sure you'll get in, last year in my plc alone around 6/7 people refused their place at ncad for somewhere else they preferred, obviously we were all category B. Its bound to happen a few choose elsewhere again this year.

That's weird, because the woman in admissions said that last year nobody got in from the category B waiting list. Doesn't sound right, but that's what she said...

That's weird, because the woman in admissions said that last year nobody got in from the category B waiting list. Doesn't sound right, but that's what she said...
    well that is quite odd that the two comments there are contradiciting but i don't doubt that at least 1/2 people wont accept! :)

sligo. wrote: »
    well that is quite odd that the two comments there are contradiciting but i don't doubt that at least 1/2 people wont accept! :)

I don't know. Maybe by "no one got in off the waiting list" she meant that the people who were offered places in August didn't take them or something. In any case, I remain cautiously optimistic.

• Advertisement

Well all I know is I was offered a place and didn't accept it and neither did a few others I personally know.

Whether or not they decided to not offer the empty places or not I do not know but I would have assumed by not accepting my place last year someone else got in from the waiting list (isn't that the point of one?) Very strange to hear no one got in from the b list last year. Maybe the empty spots were filled by the a group waiting list, seems odd...

Might be the woman on the phone didn't want to give false hope so that alternative plans could be made?

Well all I know is I was offered a place and didn't accept it and neither did a few others I personally know.

Whether or not they decided to not offer the empty places or not I do not know but I would have assumed by not accepting my place last year someone else got in from the waiting list (isn't that the point of one?) Very strange to hear no one got in from the b list last year. Maybe the empty spots were filled by the a group waiting list, seems odd...

Might be the woman on the phone didn't want to give false hope so that alternative plans could be made?

It would be pretty unfair if they gave the places not taken by category B people to people on the category A waiting list. This would defeat the whole purpose of having separate wait lists. Anyway, she said it was very unusual for nobody to get in from the B list.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bliss02

A friend of mine is doing a plc course in Bray. Every body got in this year to NCAD they heard on thursday. Apparently its meant to be the best one and everyone got in last year too.:D

That's really weird about the b category last year, maybe the course was over perscribed, all I know is there was at least 7 places not accepted last year out of my plc. Mysterious...

That's really weird about the b category last year, maybe the course was over perscribed, all I know is there was at least 7 places not accepted last year out of my plc. Mysterious...

yeah, they probably just gave out too many places in the initial offer last year, and then decided not take anyone in from the B list. Hopefully won't be like that this year, as the letter was pretty specific that there would be only 162 places.

• Advertisement
Advertisement