Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrapbooks

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Just got back on monday from America - I bought so much yummy stash that I am now rearranging my bedroom & scrapping area just to fit it all in.

For me the one range of scrapping papers I always use is Basic Grey - I love all of the ranges & am waiting for a pile of the papers to arrive this week :)

Scrapping can be addictive & kits are a good way to start but now I prefer to buy what I like that way I am sure I will use them.

Ment to mention http://www.crafteire.com/ its a new company that is setting up a weekend of scrapping & classes next year - kinds kind of like a smaller version of bonanza in the uk & is limited to 40 places. I am going! & so are others that I know & I know the peeps who are organising it & they are wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

are you making any for Christmas presents Bond?

I intend to make a canvas for my parents about my brother who died - I found some stunning 12x12 paper that says "A dreamer lives forever" So I will be doing a scrapping canvas for the wall. I am also making some tree ornaments with picture of my 11 dogs & 9 cats on. I did make a 6x6 mini album for my mum about my brother mainly with some layouts of me etc.

I will post up a picture of my canvas once I have completed it.

cool would love to see that, sounds really nice :)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

That's a really nice idea Bond.

I never realised scrapbooking was this "deep". I've always used scrapbooks as a way of developing ideas, but I never really considered using them as a sort of visual diary of your life.

it could be something nice to look back on rather then just words. imagine 20 years down the line and you can literally see what was of importance to you then. it also might be a nice gift to pass onto your children etc when you die, a nice way to remember you.

quite a few people make them for 21st birthday parties or so iv been told.

That's a really nice idea Bond.

I never realised scrapbooking was this "deep". I've always used scrapbooks as a way of developing ideas, but I never really considered using them as a sort of visual diary of your life.

I only started scrapbooking after my brother Shaun died in 2003 - I use scrapping as a way of remembering all the good times as well as the bad etc - I did my first page on Shaun early last year - it took me time to finally get around to doing a layout on Shaun - the night he died his cat snowball died about 2 hours before his accident so I did a page about the rainbow bridge - there is hidden journalling behind each picture etc.

I have found scrapping to be a good way to deal with my grief - I am even in a group who are doing circle journals (mini scrapbooks that get sent to each of us in the group, kind of like a round robin) on rememberence some members have lost parents & even babies so its a great way for each of us to remember the good times & the bad & to share our love for the ones we have lost.

I love scrapping & cant imagine not doing it - I do pages on my pets, my brother, my husband even myself & my parents etc all I need now is a baby so I can create some cute baby pages :)

Ok so here is the canvas as promised. Didn't turn out how I planned but I am happy with it - just hope my folks like it.

ShaunCanvas.jpg

I painted the canvas in gold & when dry I used distress ink in vintage photo & black stazon around the edges - I found a wonderful sheet of paper whilst in America by creative imaginations saying a dreamer lives forever it made me think of Shaun straight away. I roughed up the edges a bit - matted the photos onto bazzill in dark brown & a dark red both from the mono ranges. I inked the edges of the photos & the mats as well.

that's really nice Bond :)! the sheet is really effective as a backround.

• Advertisement

Bond i think Beckie is a scrapper too. Beckie you may find this thread useful so i thought i'd bring it up again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Beckie

Hi Guys!!
    Will have to dig out some pics for you too! Guys once you start it is sooooo addictive but so much fun. My DH converted our spare room into my craft room, where I am sitting at the moment. I can often be found up in here scrapping away! I find after a day running around after the kids it's a great way of relaxing. I am never without my camera and am always after that great shot!! Always asking the wee ones to 'Hold that pose for mummy so I can get a picture!!'
    Off now to find some pics to hopefully inspire you! ....
    Found some :

This is an album which I made each memember of my 'far away' family
    xmasweb.jpg

This one has been published (my proud moment :))
    upamummyweb.jpg

DH is a mad keen Windsurfer!!:rolleyes:
    windsurfweb.jpg

Wow tis great to see another scrapper on here ;)

Snorlax Beckie & I know each other well from another craft forum - & we will both be at Crafteire in April - 2 whole days of crafting in Tullamore - I CANT WAIT!

Advertisement