Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone XS 64GB - €696

Options
  • 14-01-2020 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

I'm not sure if this is everyone's cup of tea...

One can currently buy an iphone XS 64GB sim free on amazon.de for about €696 delivered to Ireland.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07HBP1C2C/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=iphone+xs&qid=1578994997&sr=8-3

It's cheaper than an iphone 11 and iphone XR. It's better than iphone XR and is some aspects better than an iphone 11 (namely the OLED screen).

Just passing it along in case anyone is in the market for a new or replacement phone...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Looks like it's similarly only about €730 on Amazon UK, dumb question but Germany probably use different plugs right so that would be one reason to shell out the extra 40 quid on a UK version

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

Very good point - Germany would come with EU plug. Thanks for mentioning.

I've ordered it from Germany so can confirm once it arrives.
    I've a a spare UK/Ireland plug at home so is ok for me.

Another idea I thought of was to use the €35 euro saved from amazon.de to put towards a fast charger or wireless charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Jeez, I must have an iPhone plug in every drawer at my place. I’m sure any IOS owner would be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Two points:

1. VAT in Germany is 19%, Ireland is 23%. Amazon Germany will apply Irish VAT to the price so (696/1.19) * 1.23 = ~€720

2. Deal with EU plugs/transformers by securing a converter plug around it: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/c/connectors/mains-iec-connectors-accessories/travel-adapters/?searchTerm=PowerConnections%20Europe%20UK

Basically a permanent travel adapter secured like a plug. I've a bunch of them in a drawer for times like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

Please note that the price I posted includes Irish vat - €696

• Advertisement
Advertisement